Windows 10: Can I lock a folder location without locking the folder contents?

Discus and support Can I lock a folder location without locking the folder contents? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We have a situation where staff have been accidentally dragging folders out of place on a network drive where everything needs to stay in the proper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JCR_777, Dec 15, 2021.

1. JCR_777 Win User

Can I lock a folder location without locking the folder contents?

We have a situation where staff have been accidentally dragging folders out of place on a network drive where everything needs to stay in the proper structure. I would like to lock the location of a folder without locking its contents, as we are constantly editing the files within the folders, but the folders should not move.Is this possible?

:)

JCR_777, Dec 15, 2021

2. Free Folder Lock?

Is there a free Folder Lock?

I know that windows has feature that can make your folders invisible but it dont lock right?

I am seeking a program that lock folder and make it invisible but free. is there exist? or only the pay ones?

HiddenStupid, Dec 15, 2021
  3. AddSub Win User
    Free Folder Lock?

panchoman, dude?

HiddenStupid, this might work. (not sure if it works on NTFS)

Hide Folder HiBit lock 7.2.8

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/Hide-Folder-HiBit-lock.shtml

· Protect any folder or file by : Hide, Lock, Encrypt or make a folder as a recycle Bin.
    · The protected folders or files still protected even in other computers.
    · The protect Operation just take 1 second at any computer.
    · You can undelete the folder or file by Locking it.
    · Works with FAT32, FAT16, FAT12 and FAT and all windows versions.

10 runs trial and nag screen until registration. Registration is free

So, freeware after free registration.

Plenty more "lock folder" apps on Softpedia, very few that can hide AND lock.

AddSub, Dec 15, 2021
  4. Can I lock a folder location without locking the folder contents?

Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Dec 15, 2021
Thema:

Can I lock a folder location without locking the folder contents?

1. Can I lock a folder location without locking the folder contents? - Similar Threads - lock folder location

2. Folder Locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Locked: So on my old PC I had an 8 TB external hooked up to it. I placed a folder on it that I labeled it as hidden except to me. On my new PC it shows up but I cannot access any files in it for some reason. It keeps saying I do not have access to it. My old PC is gone so I need to...
  3. Can I lock a folder location without locking the folder contents?

Can I lock a folder location without locking the folder contents?: We have a situation where staff have been accidentally dragging folders out of place on a network drive where everything needs to stay in the proper structure. I would like to lock the location of a folder without locking its contents, as we are constantly editing the files...
  4. Can I lock a folder location without locking the folder contents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I lock a folder location without locking the folder contents?: We have a situation where staff have been accidentally dragging folders out of place on a network drive where everything needs to stay in the proper structure. I would like to lock the location of a folder without locking its contents, as we are constantly editing the files...
  5. Simple but folder lock where the locked folder can be sent to others

in Windows 10 Support
    Simple but folder lock where the locked folder can be sent to others: This would need to work on Window 10 x64 and doesn't need to provide Mil grade encryption. This is a case where i need a simple way to put 12 to 15 documents in a folder and lock it such that it would ask for a password to access the files. I have found a number of these...
  6. Locked folder.

Locked folder.: I was wondering if there was a way i could create a locked folder that had a pin or password on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-folder/56be7cea-1efa-4be5-9ab0-ba3ee0a85243"
  7. locked folder

locked folder: an application data folder created on win 10 upgrade is locked yet I know that data I require is in there and being saved to it when I use certain programs. C:\john Richards\Application data there is another called appdata that allows entry.? I have known files that widows...
  8. folders are locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    folders are locked: I am using a laptop that belonged to another person and I found that almost all the files and folders on the desktop are locked, including Word, Pdf and so on. I am unable to unclock them. What is the solution? Thanks....
  9. Lock to the folders

Lock to the folders: I want to lock the individual folders in my laptop. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-to-the-folders/ff1f3d4c-5dd8-44d9-912e-46e018bd39f2"
  10. lock a folder

lock a folder: I am running win 10 Is there a free file lock to lock a desktop folder with private fikes inside? Thanks Ben 113876