Windows 10: Can I Make A Downloadable Version of Windows 10 off my Old Computer and put it on my new...

Discus and support Can I Make A Downloadable Version of Windows 10 off my Old Computer and put it on my new... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a older Dell computer that has Windows 10 Home preinstalled (Updated from Windows 8) and I am building a new computer. I was wondering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hayden.K, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Hayden.K Win User

Can I Make A Downloadable Version of Windows 10 off my Old Computer and put it on my new...

Hello,

I have a older Dell computer that has Windows 10 Home preinstalled (Updated from Windows 8) and I am building a new computer. I was wondering if there any way for me to make an image or iso or windows 10, put it on my new computer and still have windows 10 on my old computer. I dont want to buy a whole new version of windows 10 when I already have it. Any help would be awesome. Also would files be shared with each between the 2 computer and would there be any problems doing this. Thank you.

:)

Hayden.K, Dec 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Can I Make A Downloadable Version of Windows 10 off my Old Computer and put it on my new...

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I Make A Downloadable Version of Windows 10 off my Old Computer and put it on my new... - Similar Threads - Downloadable Version off

2. can I put my old SSD in my new laptop and then upgrade to the windows version the new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I put my old SSD in my new laptop and then upgrade to the windows version the new...: My old laptop stopped working. It had Windows 11 Home on it but it also has a 2TB SSD that will go into my new laptop which comes with a smaller SSD and Windows 11 64 Pro. I would like to keep all my programs and files without doing a drive clone or reloading my programs. Can...
  3. can I put my old SSD in my new laptop and then upgrade to the windows version the new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I put my old SSD in my new laptop and then upgrade to the windows version the new...: My old laptop stopped working. It had Windows 11 Home on it but it also has a 2TB SSD that will go into my new laptop which comes with a smaller SSD and Windows 11 64 Pro. I would like to keep all my programs and files without doing a drive clone or reloading my programs. Can...
  4. How can I transfer my retail Windows 10 license from my old computer to my new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I transfer my retail Windows 10 license from my old computer to my new computer?: When I built my computer in 2018 I purchased a retail license directly from Microsoft to run windows. I have now built a new computer and disconnected the old computer. I had confirmed that my License was a Digital License linked to my Microsoft Account.I have read in...
  5. Where i can download old windows versions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where i can download old windows versions?: I need to download Windows 7 for a old computer and i don't found any official links of Microsoft.I don't want to download Windows in no-official websites because can be virus.Where i can download Windows 7 official?...
  6. Where i can download old windows versions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where i can download old windows versions?: I need to download Windows 7 for a old computer and i don't found any official links of Microsoft.I don't want to download Windows in no-official websites because can be virus.Where i can download Windows 7 official?...
  7. Put old boot drive in new computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Put old boot drive in new computer: So I pulled an old windows 10 boot drive out of a computer and put it in a new build. It won't let me access the user file on that drive. Says "you currently don't have permission to access this folder - click continue to permanently get access to this folder". I click...
  8. windows 10 pro on old computer same on new computer. Can I clone my old drive and copy it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro on old computer same on new computer. Can I clone my old drive and copy it...: want old drive and programs installed on new computers drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-on-old-computer-same-on-new/71f33ab3-1df3-47de-93fe-5891a03218da
  9. If i payed for an app on my old computer, can i transfer it to my new computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If i payed for an app on my old computer, can i transfer it to my new computer?: no details https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-payed-for-an-app-on-my-old-computer-can-i/c9421db6-8ea3-452b-b392-c4a666a94bdb"
  10. Taking my windows 10 off the old computer and putting it on my new one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking my windows 10 off the old computer and putting it on my new one?: I am trying to uninstall my windows 10 from my old laptop and reinstall it on a new computer I just bought. I tried the slui.exe4, but the system said that it can't run that. How do I do this change?...