Windows 10: Can I make a function which puts the laptop into sleep mode, and then immediately turns it...

Discus and support Can I make a function which puts the laptop into sleep mode, and then immediately turns it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to do this because it resets the fans spinning, and restarting doesn't work for me. submitted by /u/TlaribA [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TlaribA, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Can I make a function which puts the laptop into sleep mode, and then immediately turns it...

I want to do this because it resets the fans spinning, and restarting doesn't work for me.

submitted by /u/TlaribA
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TlaribA, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer wakes up immediately after putting to sleep.

There could be several reasons for the computer not going to sleep mode. To determine which device is causing this, we can run a simple command and check the reason why the computer woke up from sleep mode. To do this refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      powercfg lastwake.
    4. Share the results of the command.

The above command should let us know the device that is preventing the computer going into sleep mode.

Let us know the results and we will help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan.

I'm "assuming" this is related to Windows Hello.

Any suggestions?

If i say sleep, i want the pc to sleep!

-Thanks

***Modified title from: Windows Hello Stopping Sleep Mode***

Consultboy, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Can I make a function which puts the laptop into sleep mode, and then immediately turns it...

Laptop restarts when I put it to 'sleep' mode

Hi All!

Just bought a brand new HP envy 15 (2020 edition). On the 2nd day it was updating windows and bios and then i noticed that my laptop restarts whenever i put it to sleep.

To be precise, this is what happens step by step:

1. I put the laptop to sleep

2. It goes to 'sleep'

3. 20 seconds in and it restarts or start from new.. all the apps that i left on when puting laptop to sleep are now gone..

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

UgniusPauliukonis, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Can I make a function which puts the laptop into sleep mode, and then immediately turns it...

1. Can I make a function which puts the laptop into sleep mode, and then immediately turns it... - Similar Threads - function puts laptop

2. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  3. if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    if i put the laptop in sleep mode, it is not sleeping: if i put the laptop in sleep mode, lock screen is not appearingi tried many times, it has been many months the laptop is not locking only and if i close the lid, lock screen does not appear, only the screen blacks out and when i open the lid back on i come where i left off...
  4. laptop restart when I put laptop in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop restart when I put laptop in sleep mode: hi everyone I am having issue with my laptop recently when I put it in sleep mode its do not turn on normally it show your pc ran into a problem window and then restart , I tried some troubleshooting steps like hard reset windows , upgrade window to 11 first I face issue in...
  5. laptop restart when I put laptop in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop restart when I put laptop in sleep mode: hi everyone I am having issue with my laptop recently when I put it in sleep mode its do not turn on normally it show your pc ran into a problem window and then restart , I tried some troubleshooting steps like hard reset windows , upgrade window to 11 first I face issue in...
  6. Can't Put Asus Laptop to Sleep - Immediately wakes up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Put Asus Laptop to Sleep - Immediately wakes up: I've got an Asus ROG laptop with an R7 5800H and 3060 mobile. I can't seem to be able to put the device into sleep mode regardless of sleep being manually triggered, and auto sleep at 10 minutes. When I attempt to put it to sleep, the screen just wakes up a few seconds later....
  7. Laptop reboot immediately after sleep mode

Laptop reboot immediately after sleep mode: As of recently, whenever I put my laptop to sleep, it reboots right away. I have tried all the methods that were stated on other forums, but nothing worked....
  8. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep: The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance. 179664
  9. Laptop restarts when I put it to 'sleep' mode

Laptop restarts when I put it to 'sleep' mode: Hi All! Just bought a brand new HP envy 15 2020 edition. On the 2nd day it was updating windows and bios and then i noticed that my laptop restarts whenever i put it to sleep. To be precise, this is what happens step by step: 1. I put the laptop to sleep 2. It goes to...
  10. Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode: Hello everyone, I had had this issue for 2 days, never happened before, I turn off the ability for my mouse to be able to wake up my computer a few weeks ago, only my keyboard can wake it up by pressing any key. lately when i place my computer to sleep it will immediately...