Windows 10: Can I make a Local file natively open in Office Web version?

Discus and support Can I make a Local file natively open in Office Web version? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title. I want to have a way so I can just double click a MS Office file and it will automatically open a web browser of my choosing, on [right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Waffel_Monster, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Can I make a Local file natively open in Office Web version?

Title.

I want to have a way so I can just double click a MS Office file and it will automatically open a web browser of my choosing, on [right program].office.com and open the file there.

Is that in any way feasible without installing any extra Software?

Why you ask? Well, the company I work for cheaped out and only got the web license for all the MS Office products. I guess it's understandable as I am paid to repair trains, but as I need to open and read documents regularly too, and the read only version of word feels like it's made especially horrible to use, I wanna be able to quick and simple open them in the web version of word when I double click the file.

submitted by /u/Waffel_Monster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Waffel_Monster, Feb 23, 2020
  2. pjfarr Win User

Search Everywhere only opens files, not web results

This is referring to the blue "Search Everywhere" panel that slides out from the right, not Cortana or the Start Menu search box.

When I type into it, it'll list my local files on the top, then web results underneath. Clicking any listed local file will open that file, but clicking on any web results doesn't do anything.

Example: If I type in "ASUS", it'll show any file on my PC with ASUS in the name. Under those results, it then lists results from the web like the ASUS website and other ASUS related results like Google or Bing does. Any local document in the list will open from the search results, but no web links will open (nothing happens when clicked on).

Not sure why this is happening. Anyone else experiencing the same thing or know what could be causing this?

pjfarr, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Devon68 Win User
    Open Office

I used ms office for ever. Then I decided to try open office and when I opened a file and changed some things and decided to go back to ms office the file was messed up. Luckily I had a backup file

Devon68, Feb 23, 2020
  4. esmorax Win User

Can I make a Local file natively open in Office Web version?

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Can I make a Local file natively open in Office Web version? [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Can I make a Local file natively open in Office Web version?

1. Can I make a Local file natively open in Office Web version? - Similar Threads - Local file natively

2. URLs not opening in the web app version of the site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URLs not opening in the web app version of the site: I was reading an article about an Edge experiment from years ago that I thought would be working by now. I have a ticketing system that runs Ina browser. And we have a ERP system that has links to tickets. When we click on these links it opens a new tab. For our ticketing...
  3. Roblox Not Opening Web Client Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox Not Opening Web Client Version: My Computer tries to run Roblox from the website but will not open it. My antivirus shows me that Roblox is running and using resources but does not show on task manager and will not open.After going through the troubleshooting tips Roblox Support has given me, it appears...
  4. Roblox Not Opening Web Client Version

Roblox Not Opening Web Client Version: My Computer tries to run Roblox from the website but will not open it. My antivirus shows me that Roblox is running and using resources but does not show on task manager and will not open.After going through the troubleshooting tips Roblox Support has given me, it appears...
  5. can open Office files after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can open Office files after Windows update: Why I can't open Excel, Powerpoint & Word files after Windows update?????? When double click the file name, it goes to "not responding". super hassle. Update is to improve not to become worse!!!!...
  6. Why are the office apps opening the web version of them? and why are they SOOO smallin the...

Why are the office apps opening the web version of them? and why are they SOOO smallin the...: When i updated my windows 10 insider to the latestthis is happened when i updated to the latest insider in October 2020 or older my office apps are sooo small and they open the web version? i just want to know why theyMicrosoft made the change in Office... AND why are they...
  7. Downloading cheap versions of office from the web

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Downloading cheap versions of office from the web: The official cost of buying Microsoft Office is rather expensive. There are lots of cheaper options on the web. Is it a case of you get what you pay for? Are the cheap versions legal? Do they work ok? Does anybody have any experience of what is the best way to download the...
  8. Recommended Documents in Office apps and Version History in Office web

in Windows 10 News
    Recommended Documents in Office apps and Version History in Office web: We are committed to ensuring that the collaboration experience in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is great for you. This includes ensuring that you can work confidently with others in a shared document and get back to your work quickly. Thus, we are bringing Recommended Documents...
  9. Timeline opens OneDrive files in web browser, not Office app

Timeline opens OneDrive files in web browser, not Office app: Ever since 1809, the Windows Timeline feature opens all Office documents that I work on in the web browser, instead of the application locally. Word, Excel, PowerPoint docs all try to open in web. Can the path be changed?...
  10. Can Microsoft make the File Explorer Window, like a web browser?

Can Microsoft make the File Explorer Window, like a web browser?: What if Microsoft made windows explorer application on microsoft like a browser? If it had tabs, then migrating between different windows of explorer are very easy. In case one wants to split into two windows, just like a browser, they can drag it out and make a seperate...