Windows 10: Can i make a rule to copy SENT messages to spcific folders?

Discus and support Can i make a rule to copy SENT messages to spcific folders? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I want to concentrate all my correspondence with specific members in folders, but can only do so for incoming mail. i used rules for that. I don't see,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by KarolR, Mar 22, 2019.

1. KarolR Win User

Can i make a rule to copy SENT messages to spcific folders?

I want to concentrate all my correspondence with specific members in folders, but can only do so for incoming mail. i used rules for that.
    I don't see, in the rules, possibility to make also a copy of certain messages from my outgoing mail.
    Do you recommend other mail software that does this?

:)

KarolR, Mar 22, 2019

2. windows live mail sent emails appear in draft sent folder and not sent folder

Chriso 747 - I have done what you suggest and the Save Copy of Sent Messages is ticked. But the message is still in the draft folder as sent? I have no way of knowing if it was received as it is still not in the sent folder. Is there anything else I
    should do to make sure it has been sent? Please let me know.

gordon12xy, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Text Message Sent Items Box

Access the message settings,general settings,scroll down the list and select save sent items from the list.

This should save a copy of sent items in this particular folder.

okinawa---01, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Can i make a rule to copy SENT messages to spcific folders?

Windows Phone 8 generates duplicate gmail messages in sent folder

This is actually on gmail's side, not your phone.

When you set up a gmail account using IMAP/SMTP instead of Exchange, you'll obviously use their SMTP to send messages.

As I recall, Gmail's servers retain a copy of any message sent through their SMTP in your Sent folder. There's your first copy.

Windows Phone (and most other mail apps as well) assume that your SMTP server doesn't automatically save a copy of sent messages, so it saves a copy to your Sent folder. There's your second copy.

To test: I'd suggest setting your phone not to store a copy of sent messages on the remote server and make a test send to a friend (not yourself because you don't want gmail getting confused). If you have 1 copy in your gmail sent folder, there's your answer.

DarkStarVL, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Can i make a rule to copy SENT messages to spcific folders?

1. Can i make a rule to copy SENT messages to spcific folders? - Similar Threads - rule copy SENT

2. sent message sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sent message sound: hello, whenever i use phone link and send a message it makes a sound when it sends. i cant find out anywhere how to disable this, anyone have any advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sent-message-sound/a24a02a2-a625-4d17-9f16-cd997a1bc3b0
  3. sent message sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sent message sound: hello, whenever i use phone link and send a message it makes a sound when it sends. i cant find out anywhere how to disable this, anyone have any advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sent-message-sound/a24a02a2-a625-4d17-9f16-cd997a1bc3b0
  4. sent messages not saving in sent folder

sent messages not saving in sent folder: hello.some of my sent messages have not been saved in my sent folder. the period was June 6 - July 3. messages were sent using gmail on a chrome broswer.is there a way to recover them?thanks...
  5. A copy of sent emails is not being saved in my "Sent folder".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A copy of sent emails is not being saved in my "Sent folder".: We are using the Mail app, Windows 10 on the laptop not Outlook. We have no problem sending or receiving emails. The problem is we don't have a copy of what we have sent. I have tried all suggestions from Windows/Microsoft. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  6. messages not being saved to the Sent folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    messages not being saved to the Sent folder: I found that the messages were being sent to the Spam folder. Messages created by the user should not go into spam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messages-not-being-saved-to-the-sent-folder/f1c6d591-1581-4a75-badc-6c3c0a202f9b
  7. Windows 10 Mail does not save a a copy of sent emails in the "Sent Items folder.

Windows 10 Mail does not save a a copy of sent emails in the "Sent Items folder.: I have set up 7 email accounts, 5 of which including a Gmail account were previously managed by Webmail, using w10 Mail app. Very impressed with the app but am having problems with two of the accounts. These are accounts held with Plusnet that I have used for many years...
  8. Outlook 365 rule to save a copy of message in HTML format

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 rule to save a copy of message in HTML format: Hello. I'm using Outlook 365 on Windows 10 version 1903. I want to include a rule of the following form; "when a message arrives with specified words in the sender address, save a copy of the message in HTML format in my Documents folder." I have searched the options in the...
  9. sent folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sent folder: Hi When i sent an email to a contact, it works. But 'sent email folder' shows as i sent two emails: one to the contact and one to myself. What's the problem? Thanks...
  10. Outlook 2010 Keeps Changing Sent Messages Folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 Keeps Changing Sent Messages Folder: I have Outlook 2010 set up on 3 PCs to save sent mail items in a particular folder on an IMAP mail server. This works for a while then the sent mail starts being saved to the Outlook Data File / Sent Items folder or the Sent Items folder on my MS Outlook email account...