Windows 10: Can I make a shortcut to the Netflix app without going through the start menu?

Discus and support Can I make a shortcut to the Netflix app without going through the start menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently for some reason I don't understand yet the start menu and notification tray on my laptop stopped working. I tried like five different things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EsQuiteMexican, May 23, 2020.

1. Can I make a shortcut to the Netflix app without going through the start menu?

Recently for some reason I don't understand yet the start menu and notification tray on my laptop stopped working. I tried like five different things to solve it and nothing works, so I'm gonna restore it to factory setting. The problem is that my HDD's cable is broken and I cannot do a backup until the new one arrives, and who knows when that'll be, so I'll be stuck with the computer like this for a while. I don't have a desktop shortcut for the Netflix app so until I fix my computer I can't use it, and I prefer to use the app because my internet is really slow so I download the episodes ahead of time to avoid buffering. I tried finding the .exe on Program Files but it's nowhere to be seen. Is there any alternative way to make a shortcut without going through the start menu? I think if I could find a way to open the app I could pin it to the task bar or something, but I have no idea how to do that.

submitted by /u/EsQuiteMexican
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EsQuiteMexican, May 23, 2020

2. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, May 23, 2020
  3. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

At first, you can create a shortcut in your Programs folder
    (in a hidden folder C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs). The shortcut appears in
    All apps list. Then you can pin it to Start menu / Taskbar as Mayank Gupta10 suggested.

The common way is to create a shortcut on the Desktop.
    But the more elegant way is creating Custom toolbars.

Sergiy Shklyar, May 23, 2020
  4. Can I make a shortcut to the Netflix app without going through the start menu?

Can't add shortcuts to all apps in start menu

Hello,

I understand your concern. please follow the below simple steps, and check.

Refer to the suggestion provided by Shawn 'cmdr' Keene [MVP] replied on August 5, 2015 from the below link
    How to ADD a shortcut to "All Apps" menus in Start Menu W10

How to ADD a shortcut to "All Apps" menus in Start Menu W10

Do let us know the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Can I make a shortcut to the Netflix app without going through the start menu?

1. Can I make a shortcut to the Netflix app without going through the start menu? - Similar Threads - shortcut Netflix app

2. Windows 10 will not start, without going through the BIOS first.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not start, without going through the BIOS first.: Hi all,So I've installed 2 new SSD's today, since my old SSD was faulty. I tried installing Windows 10 from an USB I prepared, but it was acting a bit weird during the download.Problem: When I try to start the PC without opening the BIOS, my PC will tell me that there is no...
  3. Windows 10 will not start, without going through the BIOS first.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 will not start, without going through the BIOS first.: Hi all,So I've installed 2 new SSD's today, since my old SSD was faulty. I tried installing Windows 10 from an USB I prepared, but it was acting a bit weird during the download.Problem: When I try to start the PC without opening the BIOS, my PC will tell me that there is no...
  4. Windows 10 will not start, without going through the BIOS first.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 will not start, without going through the BIOS first.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Lost shortcuts for apps in start menu of windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost shortcuts for apps in start menu of windows: Hello community, I accidentally deleted the shortcuts for many of the programs I have from the start folder in Windows File Explorer. I don't know how to get them back. Please help me....
  7. Start Menu shortcuts for Windows Store apps

Start Menu shortcuts for Windows Store apps: Most desktop apps create Start Menu shortcuts by default. I can change the names of shortcuts e.g. "Firefox" -> "Mozilla Firefox", create new ones, or delete existing ones by accessing the shortcut files on my PC. Usually, these are located at...
  8. How do I create a desktop shortcut for an app that I can only access through the start menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I create a desktop shortcut for an app that I can only access through the start menu?: I just installed Netflix and want to make a desktop shortcut not pin it to start menu or task bar. It appears in the start menu but I can't go anywhere from there. Just about every tutorial I've looked up on how to create a shortcut says I need to look for "Show all apps" in...
  9. how can i make translucent start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can i make translucent start menu?: I want to have the windows 10 start menu translucent, but all the guides and videos that I see are outdated, do not work or is to make the taskbar transparent (which does not interest me). If you know what can be done to achieve that effect or you cannot directly, it would be...
  10. Add a group for app shortcuts on the start menu?

Add a group for app shortcuts on the start menu?: The start menu has groups of apps on the right side, e.g., Productivity, Explore, etc. How do I add a group of my own choosing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-group-for-app-shortcuts-on-the-start-menu/a88f905f-d124-4ae8-a862-50aacdc38d71