Windows 10: Can I make a switch for my touch screen?

Discus and support Can I make a switch for my touch screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have dell Inspiron 5000 touch display and I would like to know if there is any way to add an icon like Bluetooth or wifi that can let me click to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joetheyo, May 7, 2020.

1. Can I make a switch for my touch screen?

I have dell Inspiron 5000 touch display and I would like to know if there is any way to add an icon like Bluetooth or wifi that can let me click to switch on or off the touch screen that would reference device manager (Human Interface Devices > HID-compliant touch screen) and it would activate and deactivate the device based on the regular manual steps done in device manager. Is there a problem bc the system would need to restart? Is this a useful thing that some laptops do already have? Or am I just plain rambling?

submitted by /u/joetheyo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/joetheyo, May 7, 2020

2. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, May 7, 2020
  3. Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, May 7, 2020
  4. Dani Pun Win User

Can I make a switch for my touch screen?

Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Can I make a switch for my touch screen?

1. Can I make a switch for my touch screen? - Similar Threads - switch touch screen

2. How to switch from touch screen to attached keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to switch from touch screen to attached keyboard: how to switch from touch screen keyboard to external attached keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-from-touch-screen-to-attached/16dd0288-d9d5-4e6d-af2d-4c1dac47733f
  3. how to make screen with touch screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make screen with touch screen: how to make screen with touch screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-screen-with-touch-screen/0e13180e-eaab-40c9-a28d-3d8c793d7da4
  4. how to make screen with touch screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make screen with touch screen: how to make screen with touch screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-screen-with-touch-screen/0e13180e-eaab-40c9-a28d-3d8c793d7da4
  5. how to make screen with touch screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. my touch-screen laptop is not responding to touch screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my touch-screen laptop is not responding to touch screen: -----------------------------context-----------------------------ok so this happened out of the blue, I was just chilling on my laptop when i tried to use my touch screen it did not work, thinking it was just some dumb issue and a restart would work, continued with what I was...
  7. Make Mouse as Touch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make Mouse as Touch: Hi, pretty straight forward. I want to set my mouse to work like a 1-finger touch - is there some way for me to do that? submitted by /u/kaldarash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8esk1/make_mouse_as_touch/
  8. I want to make my non touch screen laptop, a touch screen laptop without airbar. Please help

I want to make my non touch screen laptop, a touch screen laptop without airbar. Please help: I am using HP Notebook laptop windows 10 It's non touchscreen I want to make it touch screen without airbar or other hardware Please help There is one more problem that I can't sign in windows hello face Its showing we couldn't find a camera compatible to windows...
  9. Can I make my PC screen 1920x1080?

Can I make my PC screen 1920x1080?: Hello! I have had my Windows 10 laptop for some time, and I was wondering if I could make the resolution 1920x1080, when I have it plugged into another screen the option is there, and displays as 1920x1080. But when unplugged form the other monitor, the option is gone. Is...
  10. how can i make my screen brighter

how can i make my screen brighter: make my screen brighter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-my-screen-brighter/ee0f3f87-8194-4b5e-89eb-7b2e8b5e88e4