Windows 10: Can I make it so that only administrator accounts can access Safe Mode?

Discus and support Can I make it so that only administrator accounts can access Safe Mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There are two accounts on my computer—A and B, let’s say. I’m trying to make it so that only a can access Safe Mode. I was under the impression that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/whothennow24, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Can I make it so that only administrator accounts can access Safe Mode?

There are two accounts on my computer—A and B, let’s say. I’m trying to make it so that only a can access Safe Mode. I was under the impression that you needed a password to get into it, so I removed the password requirements for account B, but B can still access Safe Mode. Any way to do what the title says?

submitted by /u/whothennow24
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/whothennow24, Apr 1, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Can't Access Administrator Account - Windows 10

Hi,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you start your PC in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode, refer to the following link:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Once you are in safe mode, let's enable the built-in Administrator account on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user administrator /active:yes on the command prompt, and press Enter. This command will enable the built-in Administrator account.
    • Type net user administrator password on the command prompt, and press Enter. This will change the Administrator account's password to
      password.
    • Reboot your computer, and sign in as Administrator.

Once you are signed in as Administrator, let's make your old account as Administrator. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Settings > Accounts > Other Users.
    • Click on your other account and click on Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Can I make it so that only administrator accounts can access Safe Mode?

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hi guys

I have same issue in safe boot mode with networking!

First of all it blocks the networking

Then states:

Settings cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

Yet clicking on windows i opens settings fine

It also states broadband blocked, yet I can happily get on the net but at first I couldn't.

When I asked about it the guy from Microsoft tech answers couldn't understand why I wanted to use safe boot mode with networking????????

After he did nothing to help but emailed some scripts which didn't refer to safe mode. I rebooted and suddenly safe mode with networking worked with the net but windows 10 still claims broadband is blocked!

Im also still getting the message on trying to unblock broadband:

cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

What is going on there?

Lokiroarsamba, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Can I make it so that only administrator accounts can access Safe Mode?

1. Can I make it so that only administrator accounts can access Safe Mode? - Similar Threads - administrator accounts access

2. I can not boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not boot into safe mode: HiI tried all methods here: https://www.pcworld.com/article/609752/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-in-windows-11.htmlThe Advanced options does not exists and I tried msconfig safe boot option also does not work, any advise ?...
  3. Commands can only be run in administrator mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Commands can only be run in administrator mode: Hi, I'm the sole user of my computer, and my account type is Administrator. I've recently been trying to use pyspark. Apart from the fact that I can't get it working anyway, one of the issues I'm finding is that when running 'pyspark' in command prompt when it is loaded...
  4. The code so I can access the Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The code so I can access the Microsoft account: I accidentally logged back without thinking this and I tried to log back in but it didn't work because I try to log in the code again by using my email it didn't work so I had two numbers and I tried both of them and neither of them worked what do I do...
  5. I can only run windows installer in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can only run windows installer in safe mode: my hardrive got corrupted and now I can't access anything. I tried everything and even talked to windows perfectionals but it hasn't worked. I need to use the install USB to format and reinstall windows but it can't find my hardrive and even in the cmd it only sees the usb as...
  6. How can I make my account the administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I make my account the administrator?: I recently posted here about the Lockdown Browser screwing with my computer and I logged out of my account to find out that when I launched the lockdown browser it created an administrator account and kicked my main account off of administrator. Idk how this happened but is...
  7. Need to backup WSL but can only access Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need to backup WSL but can only access Safe Mode: I need to backup my WSL installation, but my computer has been crashing every time I sign in and now I can only access Safe Mode. When I try to use the wsl command to backup, Windows says it's not available in Safe Mode. Do I have any other options? I need to reinstall...
  8. What can administrators in safe mode access?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What can administrators in safe mode access?: Hi, I recently brought my Windows 10 laptop to a highly rated computer shop I found to fix a hardware issue with the laptop (it couldn't close properly without possibly breaking the screen). I didn't provide them with the power cables, and the laptop only had enough power...
  9. Windows 10- Can only boot in Safe Mode

Windows 10- Can only boot in Safe Mode: PC working fine this morning, tried it after lunch (about an hour ago), and it boots to a blue screen that says it encountered a problem with startup and will reboot. After 2 tries, it finally comes up in a screen where I can try advanced options; Things I've tried from...
  10. I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator...

I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator...: Is there anyway to reset the password without resetting my PC? If so I would be grateful! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-only-use-other-accounts-not-the/e6c6fac4-d923-4d95-b11a-54babf53de50