Windows 10: can i make my laptop shut down when i close

Discus and support can i make my laptop shut down when i close in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do I set my laptop to shut down when I close it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimmyElkins, Aug 19, 2018.

1. can i make my laptop shut down when i close

how do I set my laptop to shut down when I close it

:)

JimmyElkins, Aug 19, 2018

2. Laptop does not shutdown when i click shutdown and close the lid, it sleeps instead.

Hi Gan,

This scenario happens when your Power Options is misconfigured. For us to have this isolated, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Power & sleep tab.
    • On the right side, click on Additional power settings.
    • On the left pane, select Choose what closing the lid does.
    • Under Power button and lid settings, click the drop down next to
      When I close the lid.
    • Select Shut down.
    • Click on Save changes button.
    • When you’re ready to make your PC shut down, close your laptop's lid.

Note: Every time that you will close the lid, your laptop will automatically shut down.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down

Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down?

Dan Finger, Aug 19, 2018
  4. can i make my laptop shut down when i close

When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.

Hello,
    I've got a problem (or a feature ? Not so sure) that when I finish my work, I shutting down my laptop, while waiting it to be shut down, I close the lid.
    The problem is when I close the lid, the laptop go into sleep mode, and when I back to work, I open the lid to press the power button and it resume the 'shut down' process.
    This hasn't happen before, any suggestion ? Many thanks can i make my laptop shut down when i close :)

phamthanhnhan, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

can i make my laptop shut down when i close

1. can i make my laptop shut down when i close - Similar Threads - laptop shut down

2. Laptop shuts down when i touch it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down when i touch it: Hello! My name is Aakash.I had no issues with my laptop until today. When I turn on my laptop, it boots fine. But, when i touch a specific part of my laptop which is a small area to the left of the touchpad, it shuts down. No BSOD or anything, just turns off like u remove the...
  3. Laptop shuts down when i touch it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down when i touch it: Hello! My name is Aakash.I had no issues with my laptop until today. When I turn on my laptop, it boots fine. But, when i touch a specific part of my laptop which is a small area to the left of the touchpad, it shuts down. No BSOD or anything, just turns off like u remove the...
  4. When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs.: When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs. This used to not happen to me. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-shutting-down-i-need-to-close-file-explorer/8da84e04-e5fa-4010-8324-64a9da339890
  5. laptop shuts down when i close the lid

laptop shuts down when i close the lid: my laptop is shutting downnot sleep when i close the lid which use to go hibernate about 3 days ago...facing this problem from 3 days.....checked with power options.....everything is fine there....plz help...
  6. Laptop Shuts Down instead of Sleeping When I Close the Lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Shuts Down instead of Sleeping When I Close the Lid: Laptop Shuts Down instead of Sleeping When I Close the Lid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shuts-down-instead-of-sleeping-when-i-close/af25b279-4190-4528-8f03-dd4290d6a1eb
  7. ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting"...: My work ThinkPad laptop shuts down when closing lid, even with the "When I close the lid setting" set to "Do Nothing". I am using external monitor and I want to be able to just keep the laptop lid closed. What am I doing wrong? [ATTACH]...
  8. Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid

Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid: About a week ago my laptop had a change or hard drive. When I got it back, the screen went blank after being put on sleep mode, but I still could see and use the mouse. I rolled back the display driver and now it won’t project image through hdmi, and whenever I put it on...
  9. How can I make my pc "shut down" ?

How can I make my pc "shut down" ?: My HP laptop is using Win 10...… Most of the time it will not " shut down "...… this is very annoying and not good for the pc to be turned off by holding down the power button. I tried holding down the "shift" key when I pushed shut down...…. it even worked for awhile,...
  10. My laptop shuts down when I close the lid or press the power button?

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop shuts down when I close the lid or press the power button?: This problem only started around last week, but I have also had it in the past. Whenever I shut the lid of my laptop (which I have set for the laptop to to enter sleep mode), it seems to sleep normally (i.e. the fan turns off and the power button blinks to indicate the...