Windows 10: Can i make my pc boot from a keyboard press?

Discus and support Can i make my pc boot from a keyboard press? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently moved my pc to a spot where the power button is a little hard to reach. Is there a way i can set a key on my keyboard to boot the pc?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IamMmortal, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Can i make my pc boot from a keyboard press?

I recently moved my pc to a spot where the power button is a little hard to reach. Is there a way i can set a key on my keyboard to boot the pc?

submitted by /u/IamMmortal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IamMmortal, Jan 6, 2021

2. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Can i make my pc boot from a keyboard press?

Microsoft wired Keyboard 600 keeps connecting and disconnecting each time I press a button.

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

As you have installed the latest drivers for the keyboard and are still facing the issue, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to unplug and plug the keyboard and check if the issue is with the keyboard connection.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Can i make my pc boot from a keyboard press?

1. Can i make my pc boot from a keyboard press? - Similar Threads - boot keyboard press

2. When i press a key on my laptop keyboard it just stays pressed while gaming and it’s making...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i press a key on my laptop keyboard it just stays pressed while gaming and it’s making...: I need help i’ve tried uninstalling the game but the keyboard delay is still there. I use my laptops keyboard but i plugged in one but it still does the same thing....
  3. When i press a key on my laptop keyboard it just stays pressed while gaming and it’s making...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i press a key on my laptop keyboard it just stays pressed while gaming and it’s making...: I need help i’ve tried uninstalling the game but the keyboard delay is still there. I use my laptops keyboard but i plugged in one but it still does the same thing....
  4. When i press a key on my laptop keyboard it just stays pressed while gaming and it’s making...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. i have to press f9 when i boot my pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    i have to press f9 when i boot my pc: Hello i have a very strange problem, recently i migrated my hdd to ssd and it was working fine but after some hours its just started. Everytime i boot my pc i have to 4 options:1Press the Enter key and try again2To enter the Recovery Environment, press F13To open the startup...
  6. Can I boot into safe mode like this? When I press 4 or F4 in my keyboard it won't boot into...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I boot into safe mode like this? When I press 4 or F4 in my keyboard it won't boot into...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RafeeDaBoy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mh1akk/can_i_boot_into_safe_mode_like_this_when_i_press/
  7. Pressing buttons makes my keyboard open random appa

Pressing buttons makes my keyboard open random appa: So while i casually play games, idk what i press, and then all of a sudden whenever i press any key it will open apps. For example if i press w it will bring up whiteboard. I have read that pressing windows and alt at the same time fixes it and it does, but i wanna stop it...
  8. can i make windows boot from a different drive?

can i make windows boot from a different drive?: hey reddit, i purchased a Kingston SSD and i want to make it the boot drive for my computer, and have the drive already in it used for storage. the SSD is to small for me to transfer everything over, and i cannot wipe the drive. Do i have to install a fresh copy of windows...
  9. Pressing the ALT key makes my computer press different keys on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pressing the ALT key makes my computer press different keys on the keyboard: When I press and/or hold down that alt key on my keyboard. My computer just does random stuff like turn on CAPS LOCK, muting discord using my keyboard shortcut, close apps, open apps. From what I see on the virtual keyboard keys just get randomly pushed every time I press...
  10. How to make keyboard not light up (if i press a key) when my PC is off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make keyboard not light up (if i press a key) when my PC is off: when my computer is completely off sometimes I accidently press a keyboard key and then my keyboard starts to light up and there is no way to turn it off unless I unplug my keyboard or turn my PC on and turn it back off. The same thing happens to my mouse. How can I not...