Windows 10: can i make my scaling smaller than 100?

Discus and support can i make my scaling smaller than 100? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so i've changed my resolution from 1080p to 720p for better frames in games, but whenever i do it, all my scaling gets messed up. Everything becomes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ky4ntran, Nov 13, 2020.

1. can i make my scaling smaller than 100?

so i've changed my resolution from 1080p to 720p for better frames in games, but whenever i do it, all my scaling gets messed up. Everything becomes really big (like desktop icons and such), and I can't figure out a way to get around this. The only thing I can do is zoom out of my tabs so what im viewing is fine, but everything else is abnormally big, anyone know a fix?

submitted by /u/ky4ntran
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ky4ntran, Nov 13, 2020
  2. neb.laz Win User

Custom Scaling Level - Below 100%

Hi,

scaling 100% - 500%, but would like to scale below 100%, perhaps 90% or so, as of my display I would like to have it a bit smaller.

Why is there no option for that? That should be considered as an option.

Is there a way?

Cheers

[moved from German forums]

neb.laz, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Creator's update - Every time I undock, scaling goes to 150%

We appreciate that you have checked your drivers and followed the suggested troubleshooting steps. Since the issue is still the same, this can be related to the new customer scaling settings that came with the Creator's Update. Can you follow the steps below
    so we can check it for you:

• Click on Start then Settings.
    • Choose System then Display.
    • Under Display, select Custom scaling and set it to 100%.

Update us on how it goes as we are eager to get this resolved for you.

Jennifer Bri, Nov 13, 2020
  4. schmak Win User

can i make my scaling smaller than 100?

Windows 10 Creator's update - Every time I undock, scaling goes to 150%

This did the trick for me. I am asking my employee to test it on his surface 3.

schmak, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

can i make my scaling smaller than 100?

1. can i make my scaling smaller than 100? - Similar Threads - scaling smaller 100

2. How to make my cursor smaller than usual on windows11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make my cursor smaller than usual on windows11?: i am using a laptop with restrictions and wish to make my cursor smaller than usual is there any way of doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-my-cursor-smaller-than-usual-on/86b2ee45-7838-4b9d-b2ab-173a078dc3ec
  3. How to make my cursor smaller than usual on windows11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make my cursor smaller than usual on windows11?: i am using a laptop with restrictions and wish to make my cursor smaller than usual is there any way of doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-my-cursor-smaller-than-usual-on/86b2ee45-7838-4b9d-b2ab-173a078dc3ec
  4. How do i make the taskbar smaller than it already is?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i make the taskbar smaller than it already is?: Hi, I've seen other people have small taskbars, and mine is very big. I have set it to 100% zoom aswell so it's a bit smaller, but it's still kinda bothering me. Is there any possible way to make it smaller without buying a bigger monitor with a bigger resolution? My...
  5. How Do I Make Everything Smaller (less than 100%)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Do I Make Everything Smaller (less than 100%)?: Hi! I have an Asus laptop (M509D 15 in') and I want it to scale less than 100%. This is because I'm fond of the scaling of my work laptop (Apple Macbook Pro 16 in') and usually when I switch to my other laptop, I tend to see it as usually bigger (as compared to the Macbook...
  6. How can you make text and apps smaller than 100%?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can you make text and apps smaller than 100%?: How can you make text and apps smaller than 100%? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-you-make-text-and-apps-smaller-than-100/3aeec29b-c49d-4858-a98a-7e50aadc9776
  7. How do I make my taskbar even smaller than this?

How do I make my taskbar even smaller than this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheRollslapper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6vlcu/how_do_i_make_my_taskbar_even_smaller_than_this/
  8. is it possible to make the cursor smaller than default?

is it possible to make the cursor smaller than default?: i love how small the cursor is on a 1440p resolution but it looks so bulky in 1080p. if there's any way to change the cursor size to smaller than smallest possible please let me know. if there's a custom small cursor 'pack' w/ all the cursor types i.e. move, loading, busy,...
  9. is it possible to make the cursor smaller than default?

is it possible to make the cursor smaller than default?: i love how small the cursor is on a 1440p resolution but it looks so bulky in 1080p. if there's any way to change the cursor size to smaller than default please let me know. if there's a custom small cursor 'pack' w/ all the cursor types i.e. move, loading, busy, etc. link...
  10. How can i change the dpi scaling to lower than 100%

How can i change the dpi scaling to lower than 100%: 100% is to big on my laptop I'd love to get everything smaller but i have no idea how to do it :/ thanks for any help. submitted by /u/OuterGalaxyS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbuo4j/how_can_i_change_the_dpi_scaling_to_lower_than_100/