Windows 10: can i make this system to show me as administrator

Discus and support can i make this system to show me as administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. Van Biljon from South Africa, but living in Thailand for the last 2.5 years. i have a problem with my PC after the power went of, came on, and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Albertus, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Albertus Win User

can i make this system to show me as administrator

Hi. Van Biljon from South Africa, but living in Thailand for the last 2.5 years. i have a problem with my PC after the power went of, came on, and drive c and was cleaned out. Got the system up and running BUT after updating win 10 to the last update, my filling is not as it was before. drive C: is a 2TB driver, where i load every thing to run from as i had it for the last 2 years. i cannot get fils to change, keep getting pop up ( you haven't got permission to excess the file, or like now, this driver is read only, there ain't a square even in the disk property's that show read only. yes Sir, i am the administrator on this system and it's reading me as the user that has read only permission. Here is the thing i need to know, as i am the only one ussing this pc, and the administrator, can i make this system to show me as administrator , user, system, and so on, as i see there are other,,,lets call them shadow users with some type of permissions. How can i get this drivers/system to recognise me, the administrator, and let me run it as i did befor. this win 10 is not usser frenly, i liked win 7 setup, but it's gone, now we need to get thing build up from scratch .ps. i sit with mod photos, photos and vedios, cannot even open them with this new win 10 updates/setups, win 10 photos cannot open png's ??. Thanks for reading, and i hope you can help. ��

:)

Albertus, Jul 16, 2019

2. System administrator and You Tube restricted mode

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a local account or Microsoft account?
    2. How many user accounts are there on the computer?
    3. Do you have another administrator account on your computer?

I suggest you to refer the following link to https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/174084 for YouTube.

If you are having another administrator account on your PC, you can login to the administrator account and provide administrator access to the user account. Follow the steps mentioned below.

Steps:-

1. Tap on Windows + R on the keyboard.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run box.
    3. Under the Users tab, click on the
      user account and click on properties.
    4. Under Group Membership, select Administrator from the list.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Administrator

Hi,

We'd like to know what is the version of the operating system you're using. We also suggest checking if you are the administrator of the user profile you were using. If your account is not showing as the administrator, you may change it to check if it will
    resolve the issue. Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Control panel and click on the topmost search result.

• Select User Accounts or Change account type from the window and click on your user account name.

• Select Administrator and click on Change account type.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Tell us what would be the outcome.

Paola Gar, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. can i make this system to show me as administrator - Similar Threads - system show administrator

2. System will not let me run anything as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System will not let me run anything as administrator: I need to run the Services application as administrator in order to fix a different issue I am having. However when I select the run as administrator option, literally nothing shows up and I have tried on multiple different applications, including the command prompt. Not a...
  3. System will not let me run anything as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System will not let me run anything as administrator: I need to run the Services application as administrator in order to fix a different issue I am having. However when I select the run as administrator option, literally nothing shows up and I have tried on multiple different applications, including the command prompt. Not a...
  4. how can i be an administrator but the S mode seems to be blocking me for being an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i be an administrator but the S mode seems to be blocking me for being an administrator: pls tell me i cant think a way out of this pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-be-an-administrator-but-the-s-mode-seems/7406f67b-7f35-46eb-b59b-c940fb30c9ca
  5. How can i make to run a powershell comand as administrator on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i make to run a powershell comand as administrator on startup?: . submitted by /u/gerardit04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsi58r/how_can_i_make_to_run_a_powershell_comand_as/
  6. Make me an Administrator - Make me a user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make me an Administrator - Make me a user: How do I become an administrator? If I am an administrator how do I remove administrative status? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-me-an-administrator-make-me-a-user/b280a226-3ca3-47b0-99ce-e27386516824
  7. I hate the Windows file system. How can I make it work for me?

I hate the Windows file system. How can I make it work for me?: Hi, I've always hated how things are organized in Windows. There are necessary system directories and what not that I will just accept are confusing, but personal and program files are all over the place: file libraries, documents/my documents, program data in the user...
  8. How can I make my account the administrator?

How can I make my account the administrator?: I recently posted here about the Lockdown Browser screwing with my computer and I logged out of my account to find out that when I launched the lockdown browser it created an administrator account and kicked my main account off of administrator. Idk how this happened but is...
  9. i can not make change to administrative settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i can not make change to administrative settings: i can not able to make change to my pc settings cant able to install apps even i am the administrator and i can not able to launch command promot (admin) can you help me to solve it....
  10. Can I make a system image of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can I make a system image of Windows 10?: The other day I thought I'd made a system image of Windows 10, which is now my OS. But, I see it says "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)". So, did I just backup my previous OS then, and not my current OS? And if so, can I make a system image of my Windows 10 OS? Thanks. 29212