Windows 10: Can I make Windows remember my volume settings?

Discus and support Can I make Windows remember my volume settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer's master volume seems to have no effect on my zoom/teams calls. Fortunately, I managed to find a workaround by changing the individual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by J_SR, Feb 12, 2021.

1. J_SR Win User

Can I make Windows remember my volume settings?

My computer's master volume seems to have no effect on my zoom/teams calls.

Fortunately, I managed to find a workaround by changing the individual app volume in the sound mixer options. Unfortunately, Windows doesn't remember my app volume levels, so I have to do this every time. To make matters worse, whenever I do this, windows changes both the output volume and the input volume, which makes my microphone really quiet, so I then have to open the microphone settings and manually adjust those as well.

Is there a way to make Windows remember these settings so I don't have to manually adjust them every time I have a zoom/teams call?

:)

2. Volume settings never remembered

I know how to adjust the volume, the whole basis of my question is that I am having to manually adjust the volume every time I play a video or game or anything with sound, which I do not want to do. I want my current volume settings to be remembered.

As per the example I gave, So lets say my volume level is currently set at 20% (all volumes for all apps)

I play a video on youtube, or play a game or play music, it starts at full volume, I then touch the volume button (up or down by 1 click), and it then adjusts back to the current setting 20%

Snake Hollywood, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Funk3 Win User
    Build 1909 not remembering volume levels in the Volume Mixer

I recently updated from 1803 to 1909 and I've noticed that the Volume Mixer does not store volume levels for any apps and instead just resets them to 100% if they are restarted.

This was not an issue I experienced with 1803, I've already tried seeing if it was just an issue with my user profile/registry by testing on a newly created user profile, as well as attempting to fix it by adding a missing registry key as suggested in this reddit post.

I've also tried simpler steps such as reinstalling my audio drivers and using a headset with a USB soundcard (HyperX Cloud II's) but these were also unhelpful.

Any help would be appreciated *Smile

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, ignore this - I created the registry key mentioned in the reddit post above under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER, creating the keys in the correct location and restarting my PC fixed the issue.

For anyone else with the same issue just follow the steps in the reddit post given in the OP, i.e. create the following registry key(s) manually:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore

Funk3, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Can I make Windows remember my volume settings? - Similar Threads - remember volume settings

2. "App volume and device preferences" does not remember the output that I set for my game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "App volume and device preferences" does not remember the output that I set for my game.: I have set a game PUBG to output it's sound to a virtual audio device. This works great.When I close the app and open it again later on, the game is set back to 'default', meaning I have to put it back to the virtual audio device every time.Is there any way I can get the "app...
  3. "App volume and device preferences" does not remember the output that I set for my game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "App volume and device preferences" does not remember the output that I set for my game.: I have set a game PUBG to output it's sound to a virtual audio device. This works great.When I close the app and open it again later on, the game is set back to 'default', meaning I have to put it back to the virtual audio device every time.Is there any way I can get the "app...
  4. "App volume and device preferences" does not remember the output that I set for my game.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  6. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer not remembering volumes: Once a sepcific volume has been set for an application, it usually remains until the next time its been touched again. However here, everytime I change the volume and restart the application, it just falls back in line with the system volume. I am unaware of this happening...
  7. Volume mixer not remembering volumes

8. how can i make Windows 10 remember the location of my Desktop Icons?

how can i make Windows 10 remember the location of my Desktop Icons?: i have a 4K 3840x2160 main display, and a 1920x1200 secondary display, i have all my desktop icons sorted and arranged perfectly on my secondary display, but whenever i run a game in Fullscreen on the 4K display, Windows decides it's time to scramble my Icons into randomness...
  9. Windows 10 does not remember volume settings and resets to 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 does not remember volume settings and resets to 100%: Hey guys, Im getting really desperate here. Volume Mixer does not remember whatever I set it to, eg. I have Chrome on 25% but whenever I restart the program it just jumps back to 100%. The same with all other apps or programs. Ive tried all google has to offer me, such as;...
  10. Volume settings never remembered

Volume settings never remembered: every time I play a video, a game, anything with audio, It always plays at full volume, regardless of what my current volume is set as. If I make ANY adjustment, up or down, the volume will then jump to my current setting. So lets say my volume level is currently set at 20%...