Windows 10: Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new...

Discus and support Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have yahoo.com for my home page. I would like to have the same page open when I open a new tab. Instead it opens to Yahoo Search -Web Search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dworr, Apr 15, 2022.

1. dworr Win User

Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new...

I have yahoo.com for my home page. I would like to have the same page open when I open a new tab. Instead it opens to Yahoo Search -Web Search chrome://newtab.

:)

dworr, Apr 15, 2022
  2. Steve C Win User

Yahoo invasion in Chrome

Some more ideas:
    1. Check for any Chrome extensions causing the problem.
    2. Try setting Chrome to defaults if you haven't done this.
    3. Search the Registry for instances of "Yahoo" and try and work out what is loading it.
    4. Install Autoruns and search for Yahoo to see if anything is loading it.

Steve C, Apr 15, 2022
  3. jshaw42 Win User
    Yahoo invasion in Chrome

I feel certain it cam from some other program I install without paying attention, but I now have a problem in Chrome. Every time I open the program it goes to my home page as it should. However, for some reason it automatically opens a second tab for Yahoo Search. I do not want nor do I use Yahoo Search and would like to remove this annoyance. Any thoughts?

jshaw42, Apr 15, 2022
  4. ethel Win User

Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new...

IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new... :(

Hi again, You can also go to the settings,appearance, and click on the new tab page.

Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new... [​IMG]

Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new... [​IMG]

ethel, Apr 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new... - Similar Threads - yahoo com automatically

2. yahoo mail not opening correctly,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yahoo mail not opening correctly,...: Yahoo mail not opening correctly,, --_=_swift_v4_1674748850_0845ef2dff3a0cf0d984be8d05f34ffb_=_-- is what i get https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail-not-opening-correctly/e7dab30f-763a-49f6-9a69-fd943079b764
  3. it keeps on opening yahoo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it keeps on opening yahoo: whenever i open my Microsoft edge it auto puts my on-yahoo search as default can anyone tell me how to make this stop and bring me to new tab instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-keeps-on-opening-yahoo/2e4f4baf-df81-4654-a627-c2d46eaae89f
  4. it keeps on opening yahoo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it keeps on opening yahoo: whenever i open my Microsoft edge it auto puts my on-yahoo search as default can anyone tell me how to make this stop and bring me to new tab instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-keeps-on-opening-yahoo/2e4f4baf-df81-4654-a627-c2d46eaae89f
  5. Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new...: I have yahoo.com for my home page. I would like to have the same page open when I open a new tab. Instead it opens to Yahoo Search -Web Search chrome://newtab....
  6. Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I make yahoo.com automatically open in Chrome instead of Yahoo search when I open a new...: I have yahoo.com for my home page. I would like to have the same page open when I open a new tab. Instead it opens to Yahoo Search -Web Search chrome://newtab....
  7. I can't get yahoo to open on my new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't get yahoo to open on my new computer: I looked at previous threads and tried this Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.488] c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\windows\system32>ping yahoo.com Pinging yahoo.com [2001:4998:124:1507::f001] with 32 bytes of data: Request timed out....
  8. IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :(

in Browsers and Email
    IE Yahoo Email logon automatically opens Edge? :(: . *Eek Today on this laptop, I opened IE and tried to log into yahoo mail. I had just yesterday been forced to accept win 10 ver 2004 (autodownloaded and installed) and now am unable to access yahoo mail without it automatically opening edge (with IE saying this website...
  9. 80% of the time when I google something in google chrome it opens a search on yahoo?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    80% of the time when I google something in google chrome it opens a search on yahoo?: On the other occasion, it will even open a random site related to it. For example, I was doing some research on a famous geologist named Charles Lyell, when I clicked to the Wikipedia website it opened a Wallmart page for a painting of him. Help please. submitted by...
  10. Yahoo email acct. will not open.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yahoo email acct. will not open.: Virginia Butler1 I can't open my email account. Each time I try to access it, a message appears that says my email account is experiencing a driver error. What do I need to do in order to correct this error? Thanks, Virginia 1...