Windows 10: Can I Manually Download 7909 Update?

Discus and support Can I Manually Download 7909 Update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; 2 of my 3 Win 10's (Pro and Enterprise) have upgraded successfully to the 7909 FCE. The 3rd OS (Pro) keeps saying no updates available. Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ex_Brit, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Ex_Brit Win User

Can I Manually Download 7909 Update?

2 of my 3 Win 10's (Pro and Enterprise) have upgraded successfully to the 7909 FCE.
    The 3rd OS (Pro) keeps saying no updates available.
    Can I manually download and install it from anywhere?

:)

Ex_Brit, Oct 23, 2017

2. Can I start win 10 download manually? How do I choose what features are installed? Can I go back to Win 7?

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share:

• Are you willing install Windows 10 through Windows update or through ISO file?

• If you are trying through Windows update you can schedule it according to your Convenient time

• If you wish to install windows 10 through ISO file, you can delete it if you change your mind later.

• Cortana is an built in feature of Windows 10, one cannot delete the built in features of Windows

• If you wish to roll back to the previous Operating Sytem, refer the following link:
    How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised August 17th, 2016

• As, of now, drivers which are supported for Windows 7/8.1 are supported by Windows 10.
    Refer the following article for more information:

Explore Windows 10 New Updates & Features | See What Windows 10 is Like

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 23, 2017
  3. zoobee Win User
    Can I start win 10 download manually? How do I choose what features are installed? Can I go back to Win 7?

Hi , I'm not sure I will want Win 10. I have several questions.

1) I have a laptop & I don't have home internet, so being able to start downloading the upgrade manually would be helpful. So I can choose to start downloading manually when/where I will be able to get the whole file, 3GB is a bit largish, after all. Can
    I choose when the computer will download the file?

2) If I've downloaded it, but decide I don't want to install it, can I delete the file? Will I be able to access the actual file, or will it be hidden in win update's workings somewhere?

3) How do I choose what features are installed? I don't want HAL9000 Cortana for instance. It sounds a lot like malware to me; it monitors what you do, censors what information you see, decides what your computer does, etc.

Yes, I know that's not the actual purpose of the program, but I truly don't want to talk to my computer; if I do talk at it, I don't want it listening, and I sure as heck don't want it talking back to me. Not even if it had Majel Barret's voice! (talking
    computers are for plot exposition, not real life) I would also want to skip the bing program, I don't want any bing garbage installed on my PC.

4) If I install Win 10 & decide to go back to Win 7, can I? What if I want to clean re-install Win 7, will my Win 7 product key still work with Win 7 or will it be permanently re-assigned to Win 10? Or will Win 10 just be given a different key altogether?

5) Does the Win 10 start menu have a Win 7 mode? I would like jumplists instead of those nauseating "live tiles", and a bing-free instant-search bar that only searches local drives & does not connect to the internet. If this feature isn't currently available,
    please add it immediately. You will probably get many more Win 10 upgraders if start menu had a Win 7 mode!

6) What about drivers? Drivers for Win 10, drivers if I go back to 7, etc.

Thanks Can I Manually Download 7909  Update? :)

zoobee, Oct 23, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 23, 2017
  5. Ex_Brit Win User
    Thanks. I must have missed that when I did my original search.
    Doing it now. ;-)

Ex_Brit, Oct 23, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hope it's successful. *Smile

Brink, Oct 23, 2017
  7. Ex_Brit Win User
    Time will tell,
    patience is a virtue

etc. etc.
    LOL
    *Rolleyes

Ex_Brit, Oct 23, 2017
  8. biker66 Win User

biker66, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I Manually Download 7909 Update? - Similar Threads - Manually Download 7909

2. Can I manually download wups2.dll?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I manually download wups2.dll?: Can I manually download wups2.dll because I've been having error code 0x80004002 for about a year now. I've already tried resetting and scanning my files but I still cannot find a solution, so is there a link or download I could use to get the file I need?...
  3. Can I manually download wups2.dll?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I manually download wups2.dll?: Can I manually download wups2.dll because I've been having error code 0x80004002 for about a year now. I've already tried resetting and scanning my files but I still cannot find a solution, so is there a link or download I could use to get the file I need?...
  4. How do i manually download updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i manually download updates: how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-manually-download-updates/83ed74eb-6b02-4e1b-8cda-63e5a889a297
  5. How do i manually download updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i manually download updates: how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-manually-download-updates/83ed74eb-6b02-4e1b-8cda-63e5a889a297
  6. Manually Downloading Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually Downloading Windows Updates: I have an old desktop, custom-built for me in 2011, running Windows 7 64 Bit Professional, and I've run into an issue with DPC latency, which leads to stuttering audio. Specifically this started happening when I purchased a Scarlet 18I20 Third Generation USB audio interface....
  7. Manually Downloading Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manually Downloading Windows Updates: I have an old desktop, custom-built for me in 2011, running Windows 7 64 Bit Professional, and I've run into an issue with DPC latency, which leads to stuttering audio. Specifically this started happening when I purchased a Scarlet 18I20 Third Generation USB audio interface....
  8. Can I manually download the Windows 10 update to my USB?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I manually download the Windows 10 update to my USB?: About once in a blue moon, my laptop gives me the option of using my USB for more storage to download the update (since it's physically impossible that my laptop alone have enough storage). I would like to be able to use my USB without having to wait for that rare moment that...
  9. How can I download Windows Defender Update manually?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I download Windows Defender Update manually?: Hi, I am new here. I need some guidance/link. Windows 10.1 is installed on my pd/desktop. The internet is working through networking and proxy. Microsoft official website is blocked. Due to this, I am unable to update my windows defender (antivirus). I need to ask...
  10. Manually Download Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manually Download Update: I have a limited wifi issue. Toshiba states update KB3114149 may solve the issue. I can't determine if this update was included when I upgraded to 10586/1511 as it is not listed in Update History. Is there a way to manually download that update ? 32690