Windows 10: can i merge 2 different hard drives into one partition

Discus and support can i merge 2 different hard drives into one partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my son laptop comes with 100GB SSD (C Drive) Hard disk and 1TB (D Drive) normal hard disk. is it possible to merge these 2 hard disk into one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by makhan10, Mar 24, 2020.

1. makhan10 Win User

can i merge 2 different hard drives into one partition

my son laptop comes with 100GB SSD (C Drive) Hard disk and 1TB (D Drive) normal hard disk.

is it possible to merge these 2 hard disk into one partition of lets say 500GB size, since the C Drive is 90% full.

if not

is it possible to move Windows, Users and Program files folder to D Drive without installing windows 10 again.

:)

makhan10, Mar 24, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Mar 24, 2020
  4. makhan10 Win User

my son laptop comes with 100GB SSD (C Drive) Hard disk and 1TB (D Drive) normal hard disk.

is it possible to merge these 2 hard disk into one partition of lets say 500GB size, since the C Drive is 90% full.

if not

is it possible to move Windows, Users and Program files folder to D Drive without installing windows 10 again.

makhan10, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. can i merge 2 different hard drives into one partition - Similar Threads - merge different hard

2. How can I merge 2 partitions in windows 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I merge 2 partitions in windows 11: I want to merge 2 partitions as they are not side by side like C and D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-merge-2-partitions-in-windows-11/9268a64a-2832-4508-9b79-5168b0e5a42a
  3. How can I merge 2 partitions in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I merge 2 partitions in windows 11: I want to merge 2 partitions as they are not side by side like C and D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-merge-2-partitions-in-windows-11/9268a64a-2832-4508-9b79-5168b0e5a42a
  4. How can I merge 2 partitions in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Merging 2 SSDs into one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merging 2 SSDs into one: Hi, I've heard online that you can merge two physically separate drives into one volume with two modes: - one that fills the first drive then when the first is full fills the second - the other who fills both at the same time so it has greater performance because it...
  6. I need help on how to merge my partitioned hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help on how to merge my partitioned hard drive: [entfernt] submitted by /u/pythonnoob69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mayjtw/i_need_help_on_how_to_merge_my_partitioned_hard/
  7. Merging Drive Partitions

Merging Drive Partitions: [ATTACH]I cloned my internal 500 GB hard drive to an external 2TB hard drive. My intend to format the internal drive, put in an enclosure, and use as an external drive. I plan to put the 2TB dive in the computer as its internal drive. Attached is a copy of my drives as...
  8. Can only see one partition of hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can only see one partition of hard drive: I have an external Seagate Hard drive, with 2 partitions, but when I connect to my desktop and laptop with Windows, I can only see one of the partitions. This HD was previously connected to a Mac, but I would think I could still see all partitions on Windows, I've had HDs...
  9. can i merge 2 different hard drives into one partition

in Windows 10 Support
    can i merge 2 different hard drives into one partition: my son laptop comes with 100GB SSD (C Drive) Hard disk and 1TB (D Drive) normal hard disk. is it possible to merge these 2 hard disk into one partition of lets say 500GB size, since the C Drive is 90% full. if not is it possible to move Windows, Users and Program files...
  10. Merging 2 hard drives, one Dynamic, one Unallocated

Merging 2 hard drives, one Dynamic, one Unallocated: [IMG]Hi, I want to merge my C: drive disk 0 with an Unallocated drive on Disk 1. Is there any way I can do this without using a third party Partition Program? There is 33.53 GB left on the C: drive and the Unallocated drive is 465.75 GB When I right-click, the Extend...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. merge different hdds in one