Windows 10: Can I merge two Contact lists from separate inboxes?

Discus and support Can I merge two Contact lists from separate inboxes? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have two inboxes in my Outlook and id like to do two things: 1. Merge the two 2. Have all new contacts that I choose to save, default save to this... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by kwitel, Dec 7, 2018.

1. kwitel Win User

Can I merge two Contact lists from separate inboxes?

I have two inboxes in my Outlook and id like to do two things:

1. Merge the two
    2. Have all new contacts that I choose to save, default save to this merged list

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

:)

kwitel, Dec 7, 2018

2. E63 contact merge

Hello.

This is my next step in trying to organise my contacts in my new E63. It seems at some point the phone has downloaded my Yahoo contacts list and merged them with the phone contacts list, which is great. Except it hasn't exactly merged them; it's just added
    the two lists together, so I have mutliple entries for the same contact, in most cases one entry for the email address and one for the phone number. I'd like to have one entry per person containing both their email and phone numbers.

After a langthy and very frustrating conversation with a nice enough lady at Nokia Support who unfortunately doesn't really understand English, the apparent answer is that the only way to get the email and phone number joined under one contact for each person
    is to go through each contact manually adding the detail and then deleting the superfluous contact. Is that really the case? Is there no way to get the phone to automatically merge identically-named contacts?

Thanks in advance,

Luke

CSnoEnglish, Dec 7, 2018
  3. lowndesw Win User
    set up separate contact lists for email and phone numbers

Moto Q9h on ATT, Win 6.1. This is my first "smart phone". Over the past few years I've evolved an email contact list on my computer and a separate contact list on my cell phone (over 720). It occurs to me that keeping these lists separate would be a
    good thing - I know how to get around in each, and even though there is considerable overlap, there are differences. Also, two smaller lists are easier to find stuff in that one huge list.

I can set up new folders, move files, all that, no problems, in Windows XP on my desk top. I can't figure out the Win Mob deal, ie create, setup, or sync on the Q. Is it even possible to set up two contact lists AND USE them effectively on the Q (for email
    and phone calls)?? Is there a very basic set by step "how to" tutorial for Win Mob file management??

THANKS!!

lowndesw, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Can I merge two Contact lists from separate inboxes?

set up separate contact lists for email and phone numbers

Greetings lowndesw! Welcome to the Windows Mobile forums!

I am confused as to what you are trying to accomplish. You mentioned that you did not want to combine the lists. Yet you want to move the info from your Desktop to your phone? Insofar as I am aware, if you attempt this, they will be merged into one list.

However, if you maintained a different database for your Desktop list (through a separate 3rd party program with it's own database), then you could conceivably keep the lists separate...

- David A. Matson

Moderator, Windows Mobile Total Access Forums

Product Reviewer, Blogger, Moderator www.mobilitysite.com

David A Matson, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Can I merge two Contact lists from separate inboxes?

1. Can I merge two Contact lists from separate inboxes? - Similar Threads - merge Contact lists

2. Can I merge two outlook accounts into one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I merge two outlook accounts into one?: I seem to have accumulated several Microsoft accounts. Can I merge them into one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-merge-two-outlook-accounts-into-one/a0f5935b-276c-4613-9b5e-d77655671a74
  3. How can I merge two partitions from an external SSD ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I merge two partitions from an external SSD ?: I have a 4tb external SSD which has two default 2tb partitions Can I merge the two together Ive gone into disk management shrunk first one partition them tried deleting it all together. The. I tried to extend the other or merge but I do not have a merge option and the...
  4. Can I merge two Microsoft accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I merge two Microsoft accounts?: I have multiple Microsoft accounts under various email addresses. As a result, I can't "add email" to the account I want to use. Do I have to close the account with the email address I don't use and wait 60 days before I add it to the account for the email I do use? Or is...
  5. Can I merge two Microsoft Accounts

Can I merge two Microsoft Accounts: Hello, I have two Microsoft accounts. One under my old Yahoo.com e-mail address, and one under my Outlook.com e-mail address. The Yahoo has my Windows licenses and my Xbox, and the Outlook has my Office 365 subscriptions. Is it possible to combine these accounts, without...
  6. calls from contact list

calls from contact list: We are getting calls from our contact list. When we answer it says the Microsoft account has been hacked. But the account looks good. How do I prevent others from accessing my contact list?...
  7. Typing the first two letters of a contact causes additional contacts to be listed, how can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing the first two letters of a contact causes additional contacts to be listed, how can...: When I type the first two letters of a contact in the "To" field, it causes additional contacts to be listed that doesn't even start with the same letters. The unwanted contacts either has first two letters as part of their email address or their last name (see image - only...
  8. no email list in inbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    no email list in inbox: My email inbox shows multiple emails available but no list when i click on it. I have to delete the most recent email opened on the screen in order to go to the next. I've tried views tab etc, but cannot fix this....
  9. Can I merge two Microsoft Account into one?

Can I merge two Microsoft Account into one?: Hello! I want to merge two of my Microsoft Accounts in to one. I first added my gmail account into Microsoft account but after that I wanted to have an outlook account. I created an outlook account and added it Microsoft account. Now, I have two Microsoft accounts and both...
  10. Can i separate quick access from explore list to taskbar pinned list?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can i separate quick access from explore list to taskbar pinned list?: it's really getting annoying that i can't see any of the recent used files list as i have too many pinned list, can i have a separate list for task bar pinned list and quick access list in explorer? 15669

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i merge two microsoft accounts

2. can i merge 2 contact lists