Windows 10: Can I mix two Playback devices in Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I mix two Playback devices in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a headset with two separate physical volume buttons which I use for Game audio and for Discord audio. (the headset is seen in Windows as two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FalloutBe, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Can I mix two Playback devices in Windows 10?

I have a headset with two separate physical volume buttons which I use for Game audio and for Discord audio. (the headset is seen in Windows as two separate playback devices)

I would like to use a recording software to record both the Game audio and Discord audio, but most of the game-recording software I found can only record one of both.

I've searched for VB-Audio cable or Voicemeeter but those can only mix recording devices and not playback devices Can I mix two Playback devices in Windows 10? :(

Is it possible to mix those two playback devices into a third virtual device? Or is there a different solution?

submitted by /u/FalloutBe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FalloutBe, Apr 7, 2020

2. Issues with accessing playback devices after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Vohn,

As you are facing issues with accessing the playback device option on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 25, 2020
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Playback Devices Not Available - Windows 10

Hi,

Your concern with the playback devices can be due to the sound configuration on your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In addition, we'd like to request for a screenshot of the Playback tab under Sound.

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing the following to check the status of the items listed in the Playback tab:

• Right-click on a greyed out item.
    • See if the Enable option is available. If yes, click on it to activate the item.

Can I mix two Playback devices in Windows 10? 698a4933-364b-4a75-b72b-294da11b0390.png

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, May 25, 2020
  4. Can I mix two Playback devices in Windows 10?

Shortcut for Playback Devices in Win 10?

hi since upgrading to widows 10 I have lost cd and dvd playback capabilities , and after opening volume control and selecting playback devices found there is not any devices there

michaelwilliamsmith, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Can I mix two Playback devices in Windows 10?

1. Can I mix two Playback devices in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - mix Playback devices

2. Can I swtich two windows between the devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I swtich two windows between the devices?: I have two laptops. One with windows home CoreSingleLanguage edition and second with windows pro. Can I move windows pro to other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-swtich-two-windows-between-the-devices/5580e2e7-a91c-4cc9-ae46-2604a53d62a5
  3. Can I swtich two windows between the devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I swtich two windows between the devices?: I have two laptops. One with windows home CoreSingleLanguage edition and second with windows pro. Can I move windows pro to other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-swtich-two-windows-between-the-devices/5580e2e7-a91c-4cc9-ae46-2604a53d62a5
  4. Shortcut / script to switch default Playback Device setting between two devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut / script to switch default Playback Device setting between two devices?: I regularly switch between two default audio devices - my headphones when I'm sitting, and my second monitor's built-in speakers for when I'm afk / standing / doing stuff around my room. I'd like to be able to streamline the process as much as I can, because it helps me be a...
  5. Two jacks use the same playback device profile

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two jacks use the same playback device profile: [ATTACH] Hello, Is there a way to split two jacks into two accounts/profiles, right now, i only have one 'playback device' in which uses two jacksboth audio, not mic heres a picture to show what i mean, i want to split the "speakers" profile to have only one jack analog...
  6. playback device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playback device: no playback devices installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-device/6105a10c-d3d9-485c-8d05-1910a1572808
  7. Playback devices

Playback devices: On my windows 10 fully updated. I can't separate the headphones from the speakers because they are both identified as one device in the playback devices. When I plug in the headphones, the sound is automatically played on it but when I switch back to the speaker, I must...
  8. Playback devices

Playback devices: Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the...
  9. Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults: My DELL laptop with Win10 is usually coupled to a HD Monitor with speakers. When I disconnect it and go mobile, Win10 doesn't automatically find and default to the laptop's own speakers??? Any ideas please how to get Win10 to handle this? 50797
  10. Easier navigation and playback with Office Mix in PowerPoint

in Windows 10 News
    Easier navigation and playback with Office Mix in PowerPoint: Normally in our Office Mix posts, we explain one or more of the features for authoring new mixes. Today, want to share some cool things about the playback experience that you might not have noticed. Slide Sorter view One of the benefits of Office Mix is that mixes,...