Windows 10: Can I modify thermal zone settings or disable monitoring on Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I modify thermal zone settings or disable monitoring on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10, HP ZBook 17 G2 (Haswell/Kepler). A couple of months ago it started hibernating randomly, even in the middle of work, which is extremely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thebserge, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Can I modify thermal zone settings or disable monitoring on Windows 10?

Windows 10, HP ZBook 17 G2 (Haswell/Kepler).

A couple of months ago it started hibernating randomly, even in the middle of work, which is extremely annoying.

Event Viewer shows that the hibernation was started due to a thermal event:

"The system was hibernated due to a critical thermal event. Hibernate Time = ‎2020‎-‎10‎-‎28T01:19:28.952655700Z
    ACPI Thermal Zone = _TZ.CPUZ
    _HOT = 372K"

However, nothing is overheating. I have checked all the sensors under full load (prime95 + Furmark), nothing ever goes over 85 degrees, especially the CPU.

I've got a utility (Throttlestop) that undervolts the processor and monitors temperature, but I ran the laptop without it and it still hibernates. Plus, I have not had any problems for over a year using that program.

The only thing I can think of is something must've gone wrong with an update.

So, is there a way to edit the thermal zone limits perhaps? Or disable monitoring/action completely? Are there better subreddits for this question?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/thebserge
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thebserge, Oct 28, 2020

2. How to change just the time zone of windows inbuilt apps?

Hi Utsav,

For us to provide the appropriate steps for troubleshooting, we'd like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to set different time zones on each app on your PC?
    • Which app are you trying to modify the time zone?
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Can I modify thermal zone settings or disable monitoring on Windows 10?

Set Time Zone Automatically

Your suggestion, while good, did not correct my problem. What it did do was lead me to the answer, thank you.

Seems that the default location set for my computer was blank. When time zone was set to automatic, Windows didn't know where I was and probably reverted to the last entry in the zone list, Moscow. I re-entered my proper location, set the zone to Auto and
    everything was good to go.

JcMacPherson, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Can I modify thermal zone settings or disable monitoring on Windows 10?

1. Can I modify thermal zone settings or disable monitoring on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - modify thermal zone

2. Time Zone Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Zone Setting: HI,Here in Iran time change policy changed and country did not change the time. But, window still setting time sync to previous policy and time difference still + 3.5 where as it should be +2.5 hours....
  3. Time Zone Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time Zone Setting: HI,Here in Iran time change policy changed and country did not change the time. But, window still setting time sync to previous policy and time difference still + 3.5 where as it should be +2.5 hours....
  4. Time Zone Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?: Microsoft Mail is on laptop running Windows 10To print an email, I:Select print.The Mail Print User Interface comes up. The UI allows me to ModifyPrinterOrientationCopiesPagesDuplex printingPaper sizeMore settings are available to meHit print button - success!Printing Duplex...
  6. Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?: Microsoft Mail is on laptop running Windows 10To print an email, I:Select print.The Mail Print User Interface comes up. The UI allows me to ModifyPrinterOrientationCopiesPagesDuplex printingPaper sizeMore settings are available to meHit print button - success!Printing Duplex...
  7. Windows 10 Time Zone is controlled by Outlook Time Zone setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Time Zone is controlled by Outlook Time Zone setting: This is a problem and solution. I noticed my Windows 10 Time Zone was incorrect and any attempt to set the time zone manually through windows settings or in Registry would not hold. It kept reverting back to Eastern when I wanted Mountain. I decided to look at what the...
  8. How can I modify the “schedule scan” to be disabled? (don't have permission to disable)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I modify the “schedule scan” to be disabled? (don't have permission to disable): After running powercfg /requests, it seems that \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\MoUsoCoreWorker.exe is responsible for my computer not being able to sleep/stay asleep. I've located the process to "schedule scan" within the task scheduler, but am unable to disable it...
  9. How can I modify the “schedule scan” to be disabled? don't have permission to disable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I modify the “schedule scan” to be disabled? don't have permission to disable: After running powercfg /requests, it seems that \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\MoUsoCoreWorker.exe is responsible for my computer not being able to sleep/stay asleep. I've located the process to "schedule scan" within the task scheduler, but am unable to disable it...
  10. can i disable family settings?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can i disable family settings?: how do I disable family settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-disable-family-settings/f218a949-f7d4-4f3a-afc7-b9fb66cb7875"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Disable ACPI thermal zone

2. windows log thermal zone