Windows 10: Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?

Discus and support Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?I am getting a ne cmputer but realized that it dsent have the Pro version that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Altowhite1, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?

Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?I am getting a ne cmputer but realized that it dsent have the Pro version that I need for school and Im trying to figrue out if i can move it.I got it 3 years ago due to school/work needed softare from the microsoft store.

:)

Altowhite1, Dec 5, 2022

2. New Computer: Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Mom is getting a new computer. Although the computer will have Windows 10 Home preinstalled, we want the Pro version.

Are the steps correct to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

• Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Go to store > make your purchase, follow the on screen instructions and within 5 to 10 minutes you will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

We are in Canada. I am guessing that the upgrade price is close to US$100 converted to Canadian dollars?

Kevin Stecyk, Dec 5, 2022
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 5, 2022
  4. Mussels Win User

Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?

1. Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer? - Similar Threads - move Pro was

2. Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?: Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?I am getting a ne cmputer but realized that it dsent have the Pro version that I need for school and Im trying to figrue out if i can move it.I got it 3 years ago due to school/work needed softare from the...
  3. Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?: Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?I am getting a ne cmputer but realized that it dsent have the Pro version that I need for school and Im trying to figrue out if i can move it.I got it 3 years ago due to school/work needed softare from the...
  4. Upgrade from 10 Home OEM to 10 Pro. Can I transfer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from 10 Home OEM to 10 Pro. Can I transfer?: Title really says it all. I'm about to slap together a new PC . Current PC I bought a while ago had 10 Home OEM preinstalled on a drive. If I upgrade to 10 Pro from the windows store for the $99 will it be a Full/Retail version that I can then deactivate and transfer to my...
  5. Upgrade from 10 Home OEM to 10 Pro. Can I transfer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 10 Home OEM to 10 Pro. Can I transfer?: Title really says it all. I'm about to slap together a new PC . Current PC I bought a while ago had 10 Home OEM preinstalled on a drive. If I upgrade to 10 Pro from the windows store for the $99 will it be a Full/Retail version that I can then deactivate and transfer to my...
  6. Upgrade from 10 Home OEM to 10 Pro. Can I transfer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can not upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Can not upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Dear Community, I've already bought Microsoft Windows 10 Pro. Entered Key and got error with registered Windows 10 Home. I try to upgrade windows - no success. What can I do to upgrade to Pro version?[IMG]...
  8. Upgrading from 10 Home to 10 Pro

Upgrading from 10 Home to 10 Pro: I purchased the upgrade from Home to Pro, and installed it, but in settings, it still says Home. I cannot locate the product key to activate Pro in my laptop. I am having trouble installing new updates, as well. They are as follows: KB4497165 KB4556799 KB4552931 Any...
  9. How can I upgrade to windows 10 pro from home

How can I upgrade to windows 10 pro from home: Hello everyone! When i purchased my pc it had windows 10 home pre installed. I want to upgrade to windows 10 pro but i don’t know how. Can anybody help me?...
  10. Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence: My wife is about to get a Lenovo laptop with Win 10 home. All other systems in our home network run Pro, so I'm thinking I should use an extra Win 7 Pro key to upgrade that laptop. Will that approach still work? Also, I seem to recall reading somewhere that I should also...