Windows 10: Can I move a file "Shared with me" to my own folder in OneDrive personal?

Discus and support Can I move a file "Shared with me" to my own folder in OneDrive personal? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Someone has shared a file on a forum and posted the link. Everytime I try to download using the browser directly or a download manager I get errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aidan_Damole, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Can I move a file "Shared with me" to my own folder in OneDrive personal?

Someone has shared a file on a forum and posted the link. Everytime I try to download using the browser directly or a download manager I get errors and the checksum is incorrrect. I would like to copy this file into my OneDrive and use the Windows 10 program to sync the file to my local hard disk.

I see no options to copy the file. Is this a limtation set by the user who shared the file or by OneDrive itself?

:)

Aidan_Damole, Apr 24, 2019

2. sharing files

Hi Tracie,

If you would like to share files and folders, we suggest you to use OneDrive. Here are the

steps
    on how to Share OneDrive files and folders.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Can I move a file "Shared with me" to my own folder in OneDrive personal? :)

Frogger, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Can I move a file "Shared with me" to my own folder in OneDrive personal?

OneDrive sharing help

Its should be indefinite. I have a shared folder with a friend of mine for about two years now. Is it automatically cutting off?

TheMailMan78, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Can I move a file "Shared with me" to my own folder in OneDrive personal?

1. Can I move a file "Shared with me" to my own folder in OneDrive personal? - Similar Threads - move file Shared

2. How can I see folders/files shared with me in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I see folders/files shared with me in file explorer?: I have shared my top-level OneDrive folder with a second account on my computer. Both are administrator accounts. What is the complete process for doing this, as I think I may have missed a step? Thanks tkarno...
  3. I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file...: I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file appears in their cloud account, but not on their computer. How canI get it to appear on their computer too?...
  4. I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file...: I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file appears in their cloud account, but not on their computer. How canI get it to appear on their computer too?...
  5. I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I can't access my OneDrive files after moving OneDrive folder

I can't access my OneDrive files after moving OneDrive folder: I thought I moved my OneDrive files from drive C drive to drive D drive simply by moving the folder. I reinstalled Windows on drive C, which created a new OneDrive folder. I then tried to move the files from the older OneDrive folder on drive D but they all have gray X's on...
  7. how can onedrive share folders with me that i am not aware off?

how can onedrive share folders with me that i am not aware off?: So my onedrive had shared a folder from a person i don't know, never knew and have no relations at all with.following the...
  8. OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files

OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files: I created a View-Only Shared OneDrive Folder with another person. I have confirmed that this folder is visible on their OneDrive Account and was downloaded onto all their devices. I then added files to the Folder, but the files themselves have not been shared. The files...
  9. OneDrive Shared Folder & Files

OneDrive Shared Folder & Files: I can't find the answer anywhere unfortunately. I must be doing something wrong.... I am moving from Google Drive to OneDrive and don't find this easy to do in OneDrive. How can I set a folder to non-editable, always shared without have to do it each and every time? I...
  10. Share OneDrive Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Share OneDrive Files and Folders: How to: Share OneDrive Files and Folders How to Share Your OneDrive Files and Folders [img] Information You can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 tablet, or Windows 10 Mobile phone. You can use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. C:\Users\LocalAdminUser\OneDrive

2. one drive how to move a shared file into a folder

3. how to move personal onedrive file into shared folder

4. move a file from your folder to a folder shared with you in onedrive,
  5. onedrive shared files move,
  6. how do i move a folder from that was share with me to my One Drive,
  7. move to avaialable to shared onedrivce users,
  8. one drive how to move something shared with me to my own drive,
  9. copy a shared file into our own drive,
  10. windows 10 onedrive shared with me files,
  11. how to move a shared one drive to my computer,