Windows 10: Can I move a license for a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from an old PC to a new PC?

Discus and support Can I move a license for a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from an old PC to a new PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Both PC's use Windows Live. The old PC is about ready to go into the trash. Can I reuse my Pro upgrade and save about $100? submitted by /u/wrcousert... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wrcousert, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Can I move a license for a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from an old PC to a new PC?

Both PC's use Windows Live. The old PC is about ready to go into the trash. Can I reuse my Pro upgrade and save about $100?

submitted by /u/wrcousert
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wrcousert, Apr 9, 2021
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Apr 9, 2021
  3. CyrilJoy Win User
    Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC

I had purchased a Windows 7 PC, and upgraded my PC to Windows 8 Pro during the upgrade offer by purchasing a Windows 8 pro license. Now I would like to transfer my license to another PC because i am thinking of disposing of my old PC. My digital license
    is linked to my Microsoft account. Please tell me the steps to transfer my license. Please note that I ran the script manager and it says I have a Retail License.

Can I move a license for a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from an old PC to a new PC? dbef5e3e-291c-4bee-a74b-dbad2b1f54b6?upload=true.jpg

CyrilJoy, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Can I move a license for a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from an old PC to a new PC?

Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC build

I have built a new PC and I am trying to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license from my existing PC to the new one. Unfortunately, the license is not activating properly. I have deactivated the previous license by running the command "slmgr /upk" in an elevated
    (Run as Administrator) command prompt.

I can see that the license is now deactivated given the fact that the old PC is now asking me to activate. I still cannot, however, activate the license on the new PC. The original license was a Windows 7 Home Edition license that I had upgraded to Windows
    10 Pro for free over the past few years. I am unable to use that original license as it's for a Home Edition license and not a Pro. I was, however, allowed to upgrade to Pro when Microsoft was offering the free upgrades. I also transferred the license to my
    Microsoft Account, so I do not have a product key associated with Windows 10 Pro.

My plan is to transfer the SSD and HDDs in the old PC to the new and not use the old PC. I am unable, however, to activate the new PC. Any help would be much appreciated.

digiSweetness, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Can I move a license for a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from an old PC to a new PC?

1. Can I move a license for a Windows 10 Pro upgrade from an old PC to a new PC? - Similar Threads - move license Pro

2. Upgrade new Studio Windows 11 Home from old PC Windows 10 Pro license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade new Studio Windows 11 Home from old PC Windows 10 Pro license: I just purchased a new Surface Studio for my wife. it's replacing and older PC running Windows 10 Pro while the Studio has Windows 11 Home. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the Studio but the old PC was only logged into Windows 10 locally and there is no product...
  3. Upgrade new Studio Windows 11 Home from old PC Windows 10 Pro license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade new Studio Windows 11 Home from old PC Windows 10 Pro license: I just purchased a new Surface Studio for my wife. it's replacing and older PC running Windows 10 Pro while the Studio has Windows 11 Home. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the Studio but the old PC was only logged into Windows 10 locally and there is no product...
  4. Moving W10 pro license from old machine to new

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving W10 pro license from old machine to new: I have an old laptop with W10 pro retail license. I want to move to a new PC to which I did a fresh download of W10 pro and have used it un-activated for a while. Now I want to upgrade to 11 but want to activate W10 on new computer and deactivate on old laptop before the...
  5. Move Windows 10 PRO license to new PC

Move Windows 10 PRO license to new PC: I am in the process of decommissioning my old PC where I had Windows 10 PRO upgraded from Windows 8 Enterprise- I had purchased. I do not have the License key from Windows 8 Days. If I get the license key from my current PC using one of many VBS scripts available in online...
  6. Moving SSD with Windows 10 from old pc to new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving SSD with Windows 10 from old pc to new pc: Hi everyone! I have an SSD with Windows 10 on it in my old computer and I'm now building a new computer. If I move the SSD from the old pc to the new one, what kind of magic should I do in order to make Windows 10 work on the new set up? I hope I explained it decently....
  7. Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC: I had purchased a Windows 7 PC, and upgraded my PC to Windows 8 Pro during the upgrade offer by purchasing a Windows 8 pro license. Now I would like to transfer my license to another PC because i am thinking of disposing of my old PC. My digital license is linked to my...
  8. Move digital retail license for Windows 10 Pro from old PC to new one

Move digital retail license for Windows 10 Pro from old PC to new one: Hi, I have an old PC with a Windows 10 Pro license. It's a digital license linked to my Microsoft account that I purchased online, separately from the computer, and for which I didn't receive an activation code. It's a retail license, as can be confirmed with the command...
  9. moving windows license from old pc to new pc

moving windows license from old pc to new pc: Hi, I purchased a dell PC (not windows 10 pro), and then updated it Windows 10 pro. I queried the machine to get my activation code I uninstalled the windows license from the dell, with success, How do I upgrade my surface pro 6 (just purchased) from windows home to that...
  10. How to move Windows 10 upgrade from old PC to new one?

How to move Windows 10 upgrade from old PC to new one?: I have a system builder version of Windows 7 installed on my old PC which I can upgrade to Windows 10 when available. Suppose if I build a new PC after one year when no more free upgrade will be available, could I be able to reinstall(migrate) windows 10 onto the new PC, by...