Windows 10: Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?

Discus and support Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I started to do this but then decided to cancel the process to check if it was a safe thing to do. The reason I want to do this is because there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YourBoyNelser, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?

I started to do this but then decided to cancel the process to check if it was a safe thing to do.

The reason I want to do this is because there is much more space on my D drive than my C drive. Also, my D drive is completely empty.

Can I do it? If not, what can I do to safely transfer all the files?

If there is no way to do it, can I from here on download all my apps to the D drive without making some sort of program folder?

submitted by /u/YourBoyNelser
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YourBoyNelser, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Jacee Win User

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Cut and Pasting from one drive to another.

I was running out of space on my C drive. Would it be harmful for me to cut and paste a high memory folder from program files 86 cause any harm(mainly games)? I tried to allocate space to the C drive from a SSD but it wouldn't let me.

AlanPonder, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?

Cut and Pasting from one drive to another.

Hi! I'm Dan! An Independent Advisor and also a Microsoft user for several years. I'll be more than happy to assist you today!

Just to be safe, I suggest moving it instead of cutting it, especially with big files. Just copy and paste it first and once that is done you can delete the file on your C drive.

Best regards,

Dan

dnnglvcnt8, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?

1. Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting? - Similar Threads - move program files

2. How do I move all program and system files from c drive to d drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move all program and system files from c drive to d drive?: I created a smaller partition ~120 GB that I thought would be big enough for apps and programs and a larger partition ~930 GB that I planned to put all my data onto thinking data would take up more space. After three years of use, the main "user" file which is in the smaller...
  3. How do I move all program and system files from c drive to d drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move all program and system files from c drive to d drive?: I created a smaller partition ~120 GB that I thought would be big enough for apps and programs and a larger partition ~930 GB that I planned to put all my data onto thinking data would take up more space. After three years of use, the main "user" file which is in the smaller...
  4. Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files: I have a desktop HP computer tha has a C: drive SSD of 237 GB . Windows 10 is loaded there and by default all Program File and Program Data. The other drive D: is a Hard drive with 931 GB. C: is almost full. How do I move all the Program Files etc to D: and only leave C: only...
  5. Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files: I have a desktop HP computer tha has a C: drive SSD of 237 GB . Windows 10 is loaded there and by default all Program File and Program Data. The other drive D: is a Hard drive with 931 GB. C: is almost full. How do I move all the Program Files etc to D: and only leave C: only...
  6. Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files

7. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  8. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  9. Can i move all of the program files in the C: drive into a D: drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can i move all of the program files in the C: drive into a D: drive?: i recently found out that i had a bigger drive D: in my system that wasn't activated, and I was wondering if I could move everything in the C: drive into the D: drive without messing everything up? there's hardly any space left on the C: drive while there's 500 gigabytes...
  10. How do i move Maxon Cinema from my C drive to D drive? Do i cut and paste the program files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i move Maxon Cinema from my C drive to D drive? Do i cut and paste the program files?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RafeeDaBoy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mi2vo3/how_do_i_move_maxon_cinema_from_my_c_drive_to_d/