Windows 10: Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?

Discus and support Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I started to do this but then decided to cancel the process to check if it was a safe thing to do. The reason I want to do this is because there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YourBoyNelser, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?

I started to do this but then decided to cancel the process to check if it was a safe thing to do.

The reason I want to do this is because there is much more space on my D drive than my C drive. Also, my D drive is completely empty.

Can I do it? If not, what can I do to safely transfer all the files?

If there is no way to do it, can I from here on download all my apps to the D drive without making some sort of program folder?

submitted by /u/YourBoyNelser
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YourBoyNelser, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Jacee Win User

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Cut and Pasting from one drive to another.

I was running out of space on my C drive. Would it be harmful for me to cut and paste a high memory folder from program files 86 cause any harm(mainly games)? I tried to allocate space to the C drive from a SSD but it wouldn't let me.

AlanPonder, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?

Cut and Pasting from one drive to another.

Hi! I'm Dan! An Independent Advisor and also a Microsoft user for several years. I'll be more than happy to assist you today!

Just to be safe, I suggest moving it instead of cutting it, especially with big files. Just copy and paste it first and once that is done you can delete the file on your C drive.

Best regards,

Dan

dnnglvcnt8, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?

1. Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting? - Similar Threads - move program files

2. Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files: I have a desktop HP computer tha has a C: drive SSD of 237 GB . Windows 10 is loaded there and by default all Program File and Program Data. The other drive D: is a Hard drive with 931 GB. C: is almost full. How do I move all the Program Files etc to D: and only leave C: only...
  3. Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files: I have a desktop HP computer tha has a C: drive SSD of 237 GB . Windows 10 is loaded there and by default all Program File and Program Data. The other drive D: is a Hard drive with 931 GB. C: is almost full. How do I move all the Program Files etc to D: and only leave C: only...
  4. Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What files can i move from C to D drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What files can i move from C to D drive?: I am a student and not aware of technical aspect. I dont know but the laptop has 2 drives. A C drive with 2GB space and a D drive with 111G space. I was downloading required program as usual until my computer started saying storage full. Due to which this laptop is not...
  6. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  7. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  8. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Can i move all of the program files in the C: drive into a D: drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can i move all of the program files in the C: drive into a D: drive?: i recently found out that i had a bigger drive D: in my system that wasn't activated, and I was wondering if I could move everything in the C: drive into the D: drive without messing everything up? there's hardly any space left on the C: drive while there's 500 gigabytes...
  10. How do i move Maxon Cinema from my C drive to D drive? Do i cut and paste the program files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i move Maxon Cinema from my C drive to D drive? Do i cut and paste the program files?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RafeeDaBoy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mi2vo3/how_do_i_move_maxon_cinema_from_my_c_drive_to_d/