Windows 10: Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro

Discus and support Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A while ago I built myself a new computer and was able to get Windows 10 Education for free. At the time it seemed that I was able to login with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ThralniMajor, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro

A while ago I built myself a new computer and was able to get Windows 10 Education for free. At the time it seemed that I was able to login with my Microsoft account. Unfortunately my hard disk died and I had to reinstall Windows. At the time I moved to a different university, but was still able to get Windows 10 Education. However, this time around I could not use my personal Microsoft account anymore, and it had to be my university account. Since then I upgraded that system to Windows 11, but of course it's still the Education edition.Recently an issue with my university account stopped me f

:)

ThralniMajor, Jul 28, 2022
  2. Pauli O Win User

Windows 11 Pro VS. Windows 11 Pro Education

While there isn't much info about Win 11 Pro Education on MS sites I believe basic rules apply for Win 10 and Win 11 Pro Education. Here is more detailed info about Win 10 Pro Education.

Change to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 Pro | Microsoft Docs

Pauli O, Jul 28, 2022
  3. Cybot Win User
    Windows 11 Pro VS. Windows 11 Pro Education

I am taking a class, and the school gave me a copy of Windows 11 Pro Education. I am already running Windows 11 Pro on my machine, what is the difference between Windows 11 Pro and Windows 11 Pro Education? i tried looking it up myself but could not find any answers about these two versions specifically. Am I better off just using what I have?

Cybot, Jul 28, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

Thema:

Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro

1. Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro - Similar Threads - move Education Home

2. Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?: Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro without losing my programs and Data?I dont want to have to lose all my data and programs to switch to Windows 10 Home or Pro so will it all keep if i upgrade instead of downgrade?...
  3. Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?: Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro without losing my programs and Data?I dont want to have to lose all my data and programs to switch to Windows 10 Home or Pro so will it all keep if i upgrade instead of downgrade?...
  4. Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I move from Windows 11 Education to Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move from Windows 11 Education to Pro?: I used Windows 11 Education for work but now I gave the computer to my son and I want to move to Pro. I bought a product key and tried the steps listed here but it didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!*There is no data on the drive that I want to keep....
  6. How can I move from Windows 11 Education to Pro?

How can I move from Windows 11 Education to Pro?: I used Windows 11 Education for work but now I gave the computer to my son and I want to move to Pro. I bought a product key and tried the steps listed here but it didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!*There is no data on the drive that I want to keep....
  7. Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro: A while ago I built myself a new computer and was able to get Windows 10 Education for free. At the time it seemed that I was able to login with my Microsoft account. Unfortunately my hard disk died and I had to reinstall Windows. At the time I moved to a different...
  8. Moving from Windows Home to Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from Windows Home to Windows Pro: I have a Windows Home activation key, but my laptop came with Windows Pro, so how can I make it Windows Home without formatting it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-from-windows-home-to-windows-pro/d4510ce3-d535-41a2-b5d1-2781f3d20b4d
  9. Moving from Windows Home to Windows Pro

Moving from Windows Home to Windows Pro: I have a Windows Home activation key, but my laptop came with Windows Pro, so how can I make it Windows Home without formatting it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-from-windows-home-to-windows-pro/d4510ce3-d535-41a2-b5d1-2781f3d20b4d
  10. Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switch from Windows 10 Education to Home or Pro?: So I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad off eBay from a reputable seller, and it arrived today. It was advertised as having Windows 10 Pro on it, but actually came loaded with Windows 10 Education! It doesn't help matters that the CoA on the bottom of the laptop is for Windows 7 Pro....