Windows 10: Can i move my appdata from an old user to a new user in windows 10?

Discus and support Can i move my appdata from an old user to a new user in windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; An old user account in my pc is having a lot of issues (mainly loggin in to microsoft accounts) so i created a new account on my pc that works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/andresma7, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Can i move my appdata from an old user to a new user in windows 10?

An old user account in my pc is having a lot of issues (mainly loggin in to microsoft accounts) so i created a new account on my pc that works perfectly but i wanted to move all my data in appdata to my new user. How may i do that?

submitted by /u/andresma7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/andresma7, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 new istallation wrong user name for user folder

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps

To do so, please follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows key + R key, Run window opens.
    • Type control in the open box and click
      Ok.
    • Control Panel windows opens.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on
      Manage Accounts.
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions. Check if the issue persists in the new user account.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Can i move my appdata from an old user to a new user in windows 10?

users file corrupt

Hi Dave,

To resolve your issue with AppData files, please follow the steps below:

Method 1: Locate the AppData folder

• Click Windows logo + R.
    • Type C:/Users/<pc username login>/AppData/ then hit
      Enter
    • A new pop-up window will open and it will show your AppData
      folder.

Method 2: Recreate the AppData folder.

• Go to C:/Users/<pc username login>.
    • Right click then select New > Folder.
    • Name the folder AppData.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Can i move my appdata from an old user to a new user in windows 10?

1. Can i move my appdata from an old user to a new user in windows 10? - Similar Threads - move appdata old

2. How can i create a new user on my computer but keep my data from my old user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i create a new user on my computer but keep my data from my old user?: So i’ve been using my moms microsoft account on my computer for the last 5 years since she’s never had a computer, and i have a lot of files/data on there. Recently she’s been needing to use that same microsoft user on a new computer. My question is since it’s on the same...
  3. How can i create a new user on my computer but keep my data from my old user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i create a new user on my computer but keep my data from my old user?: So i’ve been using my moms microsoft account on my computer for the last 5 years since she’s never had a computer, and i have a lot of files/data on there. Recently she’s been needing to use that same microsoft user on a new computer. My question is since it’s on the same...
  4. i add new user in windows 10 but icant login with old user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i add new user in windows 10 but icant login with old user: i add new user in windows 10 but icant login with old user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-add-new-user-in-windows-10-but-icant-login-with/8afa370e-a6a8-48bf-bcfa-978cf398c3b8
  5. i add new user in windows 10 but icant login with old user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i add new user in windows 10 but icant login with old user: i add new user in windows 10 but icant login with old user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-add-new-user-in-windows-10-but-icant-login-with/8afa370e-a6a8-48bf-bcfa-978cf398c3b8
  6. i add new user in windows 10 but icant login with old user

7. Restore old windows user folder into new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore old windows user folder into new user: My computer is connected to a domain, and my user got deleted somehow. My company had to create a new user for me, and i wanted to know if it's possible to restore my old user folder into my new windows user. I tried to look on the web, and i only found ways to change the...
  8. move new user prpofile to the old one

move new user prpofile to the old one: I was thinking about moving my new user profile to my old one so i don't have to copy all the contents make it much faster, is there any way to do this? 114818
  9. Move folders from AppData Roaming from one user profile to another?

Move folders from AppData Roaming from one user profile to another?: Does anyone know whether it is possible to move (or copy) folders from C:\User\AppData\Roaming to another User profile/account? 101239
  10. Manual move of win apps in user/appdata

Manual move of win apps in user/appdata: Can you manually move win app folders from another location to user/appdata? ie I have a very large app 40gb that always has issues downloading. I managed to install it awhile ago and copied it to a backup drive. After windows reinstallation I would like to move that app...