Windows 10: Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives?

Discus and support Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would like to move Windows from my 120GB SSD to my 500GB SSD because my C: drive is always almost full at 5-.5GB remaining. I was wondering if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Scuppers, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Scuppers Win User

Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives?

I would like to move Windows from my 120GB SSD to my 500GB SSD because my C: drive is always almost full at 5-.5GB remaining. I was wondering if I could format my E: Drive and move Windows 11 there so it would have more free space. However, I am not sure how to do this without resetting my whole computer I have like 2.5TB+ of **** on here.I just want to move Windows 11 from my bad 125GB drive to my good 500GB drive without deleting everything else.Thank you in advance!Scuppers

:)

Scuppers, Dec 8, 2023

2. C: drive

Hi Viva,

If you recently made some changes on your machine and needs to access
    C: drive
    , you can do it by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + E.
    • On the left pane, click This PC. It will show you list of different folders. For
      C: drive, it may look like this.

Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives? 26098bd9-c4a9-4b92-b7a6-d437f0a281ea.jpg

If you have further queries, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Dec 8, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    c drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• Is Windows 8 partition installed on the C drive?
    • Are any hardware or software changes made to the PC prior to this issue? Have you refreshed or Reset the PC?
    • Are you on a dual boot environment?
    • If you have another account on this PC, are you able to access the C drive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Give permissions to the C drive and check.

a. Right click on C: drive and select Properties.

b. Go to the Security tab.

c. Click on Advanced and in
    Permissions tab, click on Add.

d. Click on Select a principal
    and type Everyone in the box and press Enter.

e. Click on Full control and then press on OK.

f. Then in the C: drive properties, click on
    Edit

g. Click on Add and then type
    Everyone and click on Full Control.

h. Press okay and close the C drive properties window.

Check if you are able to access C drive.

You may also refer to
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-security/c-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied/2514966c-c4f5-4619-a422-4ebeda5fcb36

Also, refer to this article: "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders”
    in this link, this would help you to take ownership of the drive.

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 8, 2023
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives?

Can not extend C drive.

You will have to move E: drive first. So expand E: drive to take that 10gb of space, then shrink it from the left...so that you can expand C: drive.

You cannot have C:---E:---C:
    It must be C:---E:

Thema:

1. Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives? - Similar Threads - move drive drive

2. Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I move windows 11 from my C: drive to my E: drive without resetting all my drives?: I would like to move Windows from my 120GB SSD to my 500GB SSD because my C: drive is always almost full at 5-.5GB remaining. I was wondering if I could format my E: Drive and move Windows 11 there so it would have more free space. However, I am not sure how to do this...
  3. Why my windows drive c move to drive I?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows drive c move to drive I?: Hello, i want to ask for this problem, why my windows file c move to I? I search fix for this but no one found it always automatic repair. Please help me...
  4. Why my windows drive c move to drive I?

Why my windows drive c move to drive I?: Hello, i want to ask for this problem, why my windows file c move to I? I search fix for this but no one found it always automatic repair. Please help me...
  5. How do I move all the space from my D drive to my C drive and make C drive primary to save...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move all the space from my D drive to my C drive and make C drive primary to save...: This has become the biggest headache I have ever had with computers. I just want one single hard drive and I want it to be the C drive, mostly because all the main important stuff like Windows updates and graphic card updates and all the main stuff literally has no room to...
  6. How do I move all the space from my D drive to my C drive and make C drive primary to save...

How do I move all the space from my D drive to my C drive and make C drive primary to save...: This has become the biggest headache I have ever had with computers. I just want one single hard drive and I want it to be the C drive, mostly because all the main important stuff like Windows updates and graphic card updates and all the main stuff literally has no room to...
  7. Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?: I started to do this but then decided to cancel the process to check if it was a safe thing to do. The reason I want to do this is because there is much more space on my D drive than my C drive. Also, my D drive is completely empty. Can I do it? If not, what can I do to...
  8. I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive: [ATTACH] I have already prioritized my PC to boot from my E: drive which has a copy of my windows 10. I used Samsung's Data Migration tool since both my C: and E: are both from Samsung to avoid any hiccups or discrepancies. I'm worried that formatting my C: drive may mess...
  9. Moving my VMware from my C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Moving my VMware from my C drive to another drive: Hello again, i recently installed my insiders edition to the wrong drive, my C Drive, i wanted to install it to my DATA drive, if i copy all the VM files that in my C drive , to the actual drive that i want it in, how if at all would that affect my current insiders edition...
  10. Moving my VMwaare from my C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Moving my VMwaare from my C drive to another drive: Hello again, i recently installed my insiders edition to the wrong drive, my C Drive, i wanted to install it to my DATA drive, if i copy all the VM files that in my C drive , to the actual drive that i want it in, how if at all would that affect my current insiders edition...