Windows 10: Can I open programs in the background in Windows 7 so they don't interrupt my current work?

Discus and support Can I open programs in the background in Windows 7 so they don't interrupt my current work? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Say I need to open several programs but am working on something now. I want them to open without opening "on top" of what I'm doing. Is this possible?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bob Is Interested, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Can I open programs in the background in Windows 7 so they don't interrupt my current work?

Say I need to open several programs but am working on something now. I want them to open without opening "on top" of what I'm doing. Is this possible? Sort of like opening a "new browser tab" in the background. Right now, if I need to open 5 programs my work is going to be interrupted 5 times. This would be great for email programs that take a while to load up all the accounts so seeing it right away is useless. And if not in Win7, what about Win10 or 11?

:)

Bob Is Interested, Jan 14, 2022
  2. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Windows 7 Snipping Tool / (Screen Shots-Capture)

1. In the Control Panel > Folder Options > View Tab first check ( tick ) the Show hidden files, folders and Drives and then Apply.
    2. Now navigate to C:\ Program Data \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Program.
    3. Inside this Program folder , you will find the 'Accessories' folder.
    4. Drag and drop the Accessories Folder on your Start Menu or All programs.
    Did this work ?

If all works again i suggest to go back to Step 1 and re-select Don`t show hidden files. folders and Drives then Apply. so you don`t accidentally delete some of these.

Frank N St31n, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Valeriu Win User

Can I open programs in the background in Windows 7 so they don't interrupt my current work?

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    Can I open programs in the background in Windows 7 so they don't interrupt my current work? [​IMG]

Valeriu, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Can I open programs in the background in Windows 7 so they don't interrupt my current work?

1. Can I open programs in the background in Windows 7 so they don't interrupt my current work? - Similar Threads - open programs background

2. So my windows is currently corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my windows is currently corrupted.: My windows is corrupted and i heard all those cmd/powershell commands dism and sfc. Unfortunately, if i want to use cmd or powershell as adminstrator it says that cmd file path is not there but i checked the file and its there. please help out as i have not been availiable to...
  3. So my windows is currently corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So my windows is currently corrupted.: My windows is corrupted and i heard all those cmd/powershell commands dism and sfc. Unfortunately, if i want to use cmd or powershell as adminstrator it says that cmd file path is not there but i checked the file and its there. please help out as i have not been availiable to...
  4. So my windows is currently corrupted.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I open programs in the background in Windows 7 so they don't interrupt my current work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I open programs in the background in Windows 7 so they don't interrupt my current work?: Say I need to open several programs but am working on something now. I want them to open without opening "on top" of what I'm doing. Is this possible? Sort of like opening a "new browser tab" in the background. Right now, if I need to open 5 programs my work is going to be...
  6. Open program in current desktop - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open program in current desktop - Windows 10: Hi everyone,I usually use multiple desktops, each one for different target, and I've noticed an annoying problem. when I want to open program in the current desktop adobe reader for example , if the program is already opened in another desktop, windows sends me to that...
  7. win 7 program not opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 7 program not opening: I an getting this msg over and over. Can not open any program. {C:/ program files x86/movies toolbar/datamngr/apcrtldr.dll}. My laptop is running Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/win-7-program-not-opening/bf1bb81b-148c-4f64-ba7f-d0bd9aa43997
  8. Programs on my laptop only open as background processes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs on my laptop only open as background processes: So I'm having trouble opening apps; for example, when I try to open zoom it won't pop up on my screen but it will show up in task manager under background processes. This opening error happened overnight and has affected other apps on my pc too. I found this which describes...
  9. I want programs to open in background, always.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want programs to open in background, always.: Hi Lets say I'm typing an email, and I know I need to open up another program, let say Photoshop. So I start Photoshop and continue typing my email. Now while Photoshop is opening up, it gives me a welcome screen. So I have to alt-Tab away from that. And then when Photoshop...
  10. Starting new program opens program window in background

in Windows 10 Support
    Starting new program opens program window in background: Hello, I have this problem - when I start any program its window appears in background - behind others. Even it is the first program I start its windows is not active and I need to click it to make active. That issue appeared when I was with Windows 8.1 and after upgrade to...