Windows 10: Can I opt out of ads in Windows lock screen?

Discus and support Can I opt out of ads in Windows lock screen? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On the Windows lock screen before entering password upon start-up, there are usually pictures with some ambiguous text about the pictures. Today had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by barrents, Dec 5, 2021.

1. barrents Win User

Can I opt out of ads in Windows lock screen?

On the Windows lock screen before entering password upon start-up, there are usually pictures with some ambiguous text about the pictures. Today had the same thing, but also included "Amazon packages Today and all day." I'm not even signed into Amazon on this computer. Is there a way to stop ads like this on the lock screen?

:)

barrents, Dec 5, 2021

2. Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Dec 5, 2021
  3. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 5, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Can I opt out of ads in Windows lock screen? - Similar Threads - opt ads lock

2. Can I opt out of the windows 11 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I opt out of the windows 11 upgrade?: Can I opt out of the Windows 11 upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-opt-out-of-the-windows-11-upgrade/076fd126-f35b-433a-8604-e9d60afd45d0
  3. Can I opt out of the windows 11 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I opt out of the windows 11 upgrade?: Can I opt out of the Windows 11 upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-opt-out-of-the-windows-11-upgrade/076fd126-f35b-433a-8604-e9d60afd45d0
  4. How can I opt out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I opt out: Problem solved - I don't want these e-nails anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-opt-out/b8cbf36c-4347-4d48-9208-c4a8b6e7c0df
  5. How can I opt out

How can I opt out: Problem solved - I don't want these e-nails anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-opt-out/b8cbf36c-4347-4d48-9208-c4a8b6e7c0df
  6. Can I opt out of ads in Windows lock screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I opt out of ads in Windows lock screen?: On the Windows lock screen before entering password upon start-up, there are usually pictures with some ambiguous text about the pictures. Today had the same thing, but also included "Amazon packages Today and all day." I'm not even signed into Amazon on this computer. Is...
  7. Can I opt out of ads in Windows lock screen?

Can I opt out of ads in Windows lock screen?: On the Windows lock screen before entering password upon start-up, there are usually pictures with some ambiguous text about the pictures. Today had the same thing, but also included "Amazon packages Today and all day." I'm not even signed into Amazon on this computer. Is...
  8. Can I opt out of the Windows 11 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I opt out of the Windows 11 upgrade?: I have 2 older laptops Acer Aspire and Toshiba Satellite that work in Windows 10 but don't meet minimum requirements for Windows 11 and I cannot afford a new laptop or even parts to upgrade the processor...
  9. Can I opt out of the Windows 11 upgrade?

Can I opt out of the Windows 11 upgrade?: I have 2 older laptops Acer Aspire and Toshiba Satellite that work in Windows 10 but don't meet minimum requirements for Windows 11 and I cannot afford a new laptop or even parts to upgrade the processor...
  10. Can I opt out of the Windows 11 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade