Windows 10: Can I or Microsoft lock my new Surface Pro stolen after delivery?

Discus and support Can I or Microsoft lock my new Surface Pro stolen after delivery? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; March 2021! Why does Microsoft still ship such an expensive package without requiring a signature confirmation?! I hope at least it has ways to lock... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by InTi_lemo, Mar 6, 2021.

1. InTi_lemo Win User

Can I or Microsoft lock my new Surface Pro stolen after delivery?

March 2021! Why does Microsoft still ship such an expensive package without requiring a signature confirmation?!

I hope at least it has ways to lock that stolen Surface so the person who has it now won't be able to use it.

It was Sat morning when my package was allegedly delivered. Luckily I live in a relatively secure building, and it has a few cameras, so my management office saw how UPS driver delivered packages that day.

First of all, it was irresponsible to leave packages out in hallway while we have a mail room and locker.

Second, I was all day home, I could've signed, and nothing would have happened. Instead, I have been playing detective because nobody gives a **** about my stolen package and that I need a new computer to do my work!

:)

InTi_lemo, Mar 6, 2021

2. STOLEN SURFACE 4 PRO

Hi ,

My Surface Pro 4 was stolen a few weeks ago.

It has since been recovered but I am unable to gain access to it because the thief created a new username.

How can I get around the new login they have created?

Cheers

Rick

RickSmart79, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Can I or Microsoft lock my new Surface Pro stolen after delivery? - Similar Threads - Microsoft lock Surface

2. Can i reinstall windows on a Microsoft Surface Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i reinstall windows on a Microsoft Surface Pro?: install windows on a Surface Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-reinstall-windows-on-a-microsoft-surface-pro/968610a2-ffd6-429a-be26-ecc6a07533df
  3. I found my stolen device after I locked it how can I open it again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found my stolen device after I locked it how can I open it again: I found my stolen device after I locked it. How can I open it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-found-my-stolen-device-after-i-locked-it-how-can/8917ba1a-8ee9-479a-8e26-7cfd935d7fb7
  4. My surface pro was stolen. Can I access my photos remotely. I don't know why the location...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface pro was stolen. Can I access my photos remotely. I don't know why the location...: My surface pro was stolen. Can I access my photos remotely. I don't know why the location is turned off. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-pro-was-stolen-can-i-access-my-photos/79836b84-b9b3-4094-9442-2b1b58c47af1
  5. My surface pro was stolen. Can I access my photos remotely. I don't know why the location...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My surface pro was stolen. Can I access my photos remotely. I don't know why the location...: My surface pro was stolen. Can I access my photos remotely. I don't know why the location is turned off. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-pro-was-stolen-can-i-access-my-photos/79836b84-b9b3-4094-9442-2b1b58c47af1
  6. Stolen Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen Surface Pro 8: So my Surface Pro 8 got stolen.If the thief reinstalls windows on the device, will I be able to find it using "find my device" option?Thing is when I registered my device I was asked for chassis number and that can't be changed.It has latest windows 11 update if this means...
  7. Stolen Surface Pro 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stolen Surface Pro 8: So my Surface Pro 8 got stolen.If the thief reinstalls windows on the device, will I be able to find it using "find my device" option?Thing is when I registered my device I was asked for chassis number and that can't be changed.It has latest windows 11 update if this means...
  8. Can I lock my stolen laptop !

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I lock my stolen laptop !: Is it possible to lock my stolen Laptop I've tried to on my account devices but doesn't seem to work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-lock-my-stolen-laptop/09a29f9e-44b5-4136-bdee-03c3d199b5b6"
  9. MY Surface Pro has been stolen - Did not record Serial Number - Can Microsoft provide me...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MY Surface Pro has been stolen - Did not record Serial Number - Can Microsoft provide me...: MY Surface Pro has been stolen - Did not record Serial Number - Can Microsoft provide me with its MAC address. I have the computer name which is registered as a DEVICE in my Microsoft Account Profile. I have taken the option to lock the device but I need the MAC address for...
  10. This is the new Microsoft Surface Pro

in Windows 10 News
    This is the new Microsoft Surface Pro: Microsoft is holding an event on Tuesday, May 23 in Shanghai, China where it will unveil a widely anticipated refresh of its Surface Pro 4 laptop-class Windows 10-powered tablet, known simply as the Surface Pro. But you won’t have to wait until then to check out the new model...