Windows 10: Can I partition a Windows 10 client without Enterprise Monitoring software discovering it?

Discus and support Can I partition a Windows 10 client without Enterprise Monitoring software discovering it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I switched from Mac to Windows at my company. I went from being completely free to do whatever to be locked in and monitored. I have a company... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CptKiwiCanon, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Can I partition a Windows 10 client without Enterprise Monitoring software discovering it?

Hi!

I switched from Mac to Windows at my company. I went from being completely free to do whatever to be locked in and monitored. I have a company computer and I wouldn't dream of doing anything the breaks company policy on it. But I don't like being monitored.

First off. I have no idea what software our company uses. I only know that they monitor network traffic, potentially infected files etc, what software is installed etc. So they don't monitor clients by "looking" at a client screen - which I am happy for!

My question is this. Do you think this software will detect a disk being partitioned if a partition tool is booted from bios and made from there? If I can partition my disk I can fit another OS on that partition and use that for everything I do outside of my work hours.

Why am I asking this? I got a pretty damn nice Dell XPS and I want to play Steam games on it! Can I partition a Windows 10 client without Enterprise Monitoring software discovering it? :D Especially now during isolation when I am stuck in a cabin in the woods. I could of course ask my IT department, but since its not part of my work and there is no "being nice" policy it would just come off as unprofessional. So I rather just do this without asking for permission.

The disk changes would be by booting a partitioning tool from bios ofc. So no need for enterprise admin privileges.

submitted by /u/CptKiwiCanon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CptKiwiCanon, Apr 9, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Apr 9, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Can I partition a Windows 10 client without Enterprise Monitoring software discovering it?

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Can I partition a Windows 10 client without Enterprise Monitoring software discovering it? partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Can I partition a Windows 10 client without Enterprise Monitoring software discovering it?

1. Can I partition a Windows 10 client without Enterprise Monitoring software discovering it? - Similar Threads - partition client without

2. How can I recover lost partitions without windows installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I recover lost partitions without windows installation?: HiI was trying to install Windows in my desktop computer and I tried to convert disk from GPT to MBR in windows installation environment. But soon I realized that I have lost all my partitions.Now the thing is that need to recover these deleted partitions as I have a lot of...
  3. Can I install Software on an other partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I install Software on an other partition: Hi I have a 32 Gb SSD installed on my laptop and another 500 Gb HDD too. Now my Windows in installed on SSD and it is almost full now because of low space of installed software and is slowing my Laptop, Can I install these software on another partition of HDD?...
  4. Can I use Windows Enterprise as a student without a prior license of Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use Windows Enterprise as a student without a prior license of Windows?: Hi, I'm trying to activate my A3 Student License to use Microsoft Enterprise, as it is included in my schools A3 subscriptions. But on documentations, It is saying that I need a licensed Windows to "upgrade" to. But if that is the case, what is the point of student license?...
  5. I only just discovered that Standard users can still install software without needing an...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I only just discovered that Standard users can still install software without needing an...: I'm the family admin for two Win10 Home machines. I would like it to be impossible for Standard users to install anything without requiring an admin password. Is there any way to achieve this? I was actually surprised to discover that my kids, who have their own Standard...
  6. How can I monitor my cpu temperature (ideally without 3rd party software)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I monitor my cpu temperature (ideally without 3rd party software)?: Is that possible? submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i33nbg/how_can_i_monitor_my_cpu_temperature_ideally/
  7. REJECTION OF SOFTWARE TO WINDOWS 10 Enterprises 64bit

REJECTION OF SOFTWARE TO WINDOWS 10 Enterprises 64bit: Iam trying to install software like Adobe photoshop cc 2018 to windows 10 Enterprises 64 bit but not installed,it shows like the software has completed to install but when you find it to app not seen/installed.Please help me to solve this problem...
  8. Can I install Windows 10 Enterprise on top of Windows 10 Enterprise?

Can I install Windows 10 Enterprise on top of Windows 10 Enterprise?: Hi guys need some help I bought PC of someone online and it had pirated windows 10 enterprise on it I went and bought Legit windows 10 enterprise but I don't want to do fresh install as I have way too much things I really don't want to lose. My question is can I install...
  9. How can I Fresh Start Windows 10 (install) without deleting partitions

How can I Fresh Start Windows 10 (install) without deleting partitions: Hi, Due to a JS Miner AA that created havoc on my system I´ll have to reinstall Windows 10. All I´ve seen about the new Fresh Start feature does not inform me if Ill have a choice of installing in whatever partition I choose. My disk is a 3 Therabyte WD and has 9 primary...
  10. Looking for enterprise software solutions for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Looking for enterprise software solutions for Windows 10?: Quickly find essential antivirus, virtual private network (VPN), and virtualization solutions that support Windows 10. The Ready for Windows site—www.readyforwindows.com—now includes a list of featured software solutions that are supported on, and in use for, Windows 10. This...