Windows 10: Can I pause Windows updates several times?

Discus and support Can I pause Windows updates several times? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have paused the Windows Update for 1909 for 35 days and wonder if I am able to pause the update for another 35 days? I was able to add another day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lynnea1941, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Can I pause Windows updates several times?

I have paused the Windows Update for 1909 for 35 days and wonder if I am able to pause the update for another 35 days?

I was able to add another day for a total of 36 days.

I have had problems with major updates with my RAID system so I would prefer to delay this update until it seems to be fixed.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Windows 10 Pro 1903

:)

Lynnea1941, Feb 25, 2020

2. Windows Update/Problems Pausing Updates

HI Larry,

With Windows 10, you have the option to plan updates around your busy schedule or pause them. We suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to schedule updates in Windows 10.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Feb 25, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can I pause Windows updates several times? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Can I pause Windows updates several times?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Can I pause Windows updates several times?

1. Can I pause Windows updates several times? - Similar Threads - pause updates several

2. Windows failed to update several times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows failed to update several times: My PC, which is in the insider program, has failed to update multiple times. When I tried to install the latest release preview build, it gave me a 0x800f081f error. When I installed the beta update, it gave me 0x800f0905. When I checked the insider page it said I was on the...
  3. Windows failed to update several times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows failed to update several times: My PC, which is in the insider program, has failed to update multiple times. When I tried to install the latest release preview build, it gave me a 0x800f081f error. When I installed the beta update, it gave me 0x800f0905. When I checked the insider page it said I was on the...
  4. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  5. How I can pause windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How I can pause windows 10 update: Currently I don't have much data that I can update now so i want to pause update for sometime https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-pause-windows-10-update/fecc863d-7ba8-46e5-84b8-f7dc65658768
  6. Windows Updates - Updates Paused every time I go to it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Updates - Updates Paused every time I go to it: See attached picture, for about the last week, Windows 10 latest, every time I bring up Update&Security, it shows as if I have selected "Pause Updates". I have not selected it! I turn it off, check updates, close it....and if it's not immediately, if later I bring it up...
  7. Can I pause update in windows 10 update assistant?

Can I pause update in windows 10 update assistant?: Its not possible to update my pc with 1gb/day so I was wondering if I can pause the update start it from the same percent on the next day. Thank you!...
  8. Can I pause Windows updates several times?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I pause Windows updates several times?: I have paused the Windows Update for 1909 for 35 days and wonder if I am able to pause the update for another 35 days? I was able to add another day for a total of 36 days. I have had problems with major updates with my RAID system so I would prefer to delay this update...
  9. I can`t turn on pause for Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can`t turn on pause for Updates: I can`t turn on pause for Updates (red text: we search updates). There are not updates available, I reboot my PC several times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-pause-for-updates/88be8a94-4e9e-4022-962d-1372741bf7df
  10. Can I pause downloading 1903 updates????

Can I pause downloading 1903 updates????: Can I pause the downloading windows 10 may 2019 update????? I am downloading 1903 update by windows update... I downloaded 50% of windows 10 may 2019 update today. But now, I didn't have enough data plan to continue the update. So, I can't able to finish...