Windows 10: Can I permanently disable the media overlay?

Discus and support Can I permanently disable the media overlay? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I've looked around this forum and the internet for months on and off and never found an adequate solution. Sometimes I accidentally tap the volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ceponatia, Apr 4, 2021.

1. ceponatia Win User

Can I permanently disable the media overlay?

Hi, I've looked around this forum and the internet for months on and off and never found an adequate solution. Sometimes I accidentally tap the volume control on my keyboard and it's such a terror inducing prospect that I've even attempted to reassign the keys to something else. Whenever I do, the volume control pops up on my monitor and NEVER GOES AWAY. I've looked through services for something to kill, I've updated drivers, I'm even using a THIRD KEYBOARD since this started happening. None of these things are the issue even though they're frequently cited by people here and elsewhere.

So, I'm not trying to FIX the issue, I want to completely disable this popup. Is there a way to do this?

:)

ceponatia, Apr 4, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Can I permanently disable the media overlay?

How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Can I permanently disable the media overlay?

1. Can I permanently disable the media overlay? - Similar Threads - permanently disable media

2. Can i permanently turn off the media overlay.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can i permanently turn off the media overlay.: When I use any of my media keys there is a black pop on the the top left its really annoying. I would like for it to just show the volume or even completly turn off, or be in the bottom left or right corner....
  3. Can i permanently turn off the media overlay.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i permanently turn off the media overlay.: When I use any of my media keys there is a black pop on the the top left its really annoying. I would like for it to just show the volume or even completly turn off, or be in the bottom left or right corner....
  4. Can i permanently turn off the media overlay.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I permanently disable the update to Windows 11

Can I permanently disable the update to Windows 11: Can anyone help me please?How can I disable the upgrade to Windows 11 permanently?I found one way on the internet but I do not think that is a permanent solution I want one that is.I am currently on Windows 10 and I love Windows 10 and I do not want Windows 11.I do not want...
  6. How can I "permanently" disable Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I "permanently" disable Windows Defender?: Hey friends! I have been trying to disable Windows Defender for 2 days but none of the casual methods on internet works. It just keeps opening up, drives me crazy. I want to close it just because I should be able to do it. What happened to Microsoft? Things were not like that...
  7. How can I "permanently" disable Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I "permanently" disable Windows Defender?: Hey friends! I have been trying to disable Windows Defender for 2 days but none of the casual methods on internet works. It just keeps opening up, drives me crazy. I want to close it just because I should be able to do it. What happened to Microsoft? Things were not like that...
  8. Media Key Overlay

Media Key Overlay: Somewhere inside Windows, there must be a way to disable this feature entirely.I have disabled Hardware Media Key Handling like it's described everywhere,I have done this in both Google Chrome and Edge, however, when my phonesystem rings, the overlay is bach - its only gone...
  9. How can I disable the windows 10 media overlay ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I disable the windows 10 media overlay ?: [ATTACH] Hi Reddit, this overlay in Windows 10 causes framedrops while gaming. How can I disable it ? Tried "Settings" - "System" - "Notifications & Actions", but it always appears when I play some media and pause it or turn up/down the volume. Thanks in advance....
  10. how can I permanently disable airplane mode?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can I permanently disable airplane mode?: airplane mode keeps turning on itself and disconnecting me from the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-can-i-permanently-disable-airplane-mode/08e611d8-3682-48b9-8a28-eac3612b621b