Windows 10: Can I permanently stop audio driver updates?

Discus and support Can I permanently stop audio driver updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows updates my Realtek drivers it leaves my rear audio ports unusable. The 1903 update just did that again. I get drivers but no Realtek Audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Punchcard Steve, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Can I permanently stop audio driver updates?

Windows updates my Realtek drivers it leaves my rear audio ports unusable. The 1903 update just did that again. I get drivers but no Realtek Audio Manager. I want to permanently block audio driver updates from MS on my system. I've been reinstalling the Realtek Audio Manager over and over for a long time and now am sure MS is not changing to a driver that works for me.

Is there a way I can stop audio updates only ?

I am hoping for a Group Policy Editor solution.

My Fix:

open Device Manager
    rt-click Realtek High Definition Audio & Update driver

pick 'browse computer' and next 'let me pick from list'

choose the driver at the bottom of the 2 or 3 options

then confirm installing the unapproved driver

:)

Punchcard Steve, Sep 9, 2019

2. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Can I permanently stop audio driver updates?

After I installed the updates KB3176936, KB3176934, and KB3176495, the audio stopped working

I'm facing a problem after I installed the updates KB3176936, KB3176934, and KB3176495, the audio stopped working.

I contact Dell's support and together we tried to:

• Update the driver
    • Reinstall the driver
    • Uninstall the driver to use windows suggested drivers.
    • Remove the drivers to use the microsoft drivers.
    • Run sfc
    • Run Dell Assist Tools
    • Run Driver updates tools
    • Uninstalled the Windows updates.

None fixed the problem.

During the RCA I restored my computer 3 times and the issue is not on the sound card, since when I restore the system it works.

I'd like to know what would be the next steps.

Is Microsft release a patch for the update that is breaking the audio?

Diego Vivo, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Can I permanently stop audio driver updates?

1. Can I permanently stop audio driver updates? - Similar Threads - permanently stop audio

2. can i update my realtek hd audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i update my realtek hd audio driver: can i update my realtek hd audio driver to 6.0.1.8142 , 6.0.1.8454 and 6.0.9225.1 for dell inspiron 3048x64.sorry for my bad english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-update-my-realtek-hd-audio-driver/f25cbc20-162a-479f-bf63-353f3fe1e056
  3. can i update my realtek hd audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i update my realtek hd audio driver: can i update my realtek hd audio driver to 6.0.1.8142 , 6.0.1.8454 and 6.0.9225.1 for dell inspiron 3048x64.sorry for my bad english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-update-my-realtek-hd-audio-driver/f25cbc20-162a-479f-bf63-353f3fe1e056
  4. Remove Realtek audio driver permanently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove Realtek audio driver permanently: I recently installed a new motherboard ASUS Prime z390p and it installed an audio driver in my computer - RealTek audio driver. The headphones I use for gaming uses a software that enables the headphone option "7.1 Surround Sound" in the audio device settings. However since I...
  5. can i update my drivers after disabling windows updates permanently and can i also update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i update my drivers after disabling windows updates permanently and can i also update...: i don't want to update windows i would like to have fall creators update version but i want to update my drivers and my store apps can i do that ??...
  6. Is there a way to permanently stop Windows 10 from updating drivers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to permanently stop Windows 10 from updating drivers?: Hello, I would like to stop my Windows 10 home from updating drivers. I have my connection set to metered but some updates still sneak through without alerting me before downloading. The reason I want to stop them is because the last few updates I've had have caused...
  7. Audio Driver refuses to be permanently removed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Driver refuses to be permanently removed.: Not sure how long ago, but I noticed very recently that I had some Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer in my Devices as well as a Sonic Studio Audio Driver. Wasn't sure where this came from, nor did I want it, so I uninstalled any/all Sonic Studio Suite, etc. The drivers didn't go...
  8. Permanently stop windows updates

Permanently stop windows updates: Permanently stop windows updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-stop-windows-updates/43774801-08a6-4d7d-9562-ad2dc70f1606
  9. permanently stop windows updates

permanently stop windows updates: permanently stop windows updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-stop-windows-updates/4644841c-00bf-453a-ba0e-a9e175a8cf73
  10. permanently stop windows updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    permanently stop windows updates: permanently stop windows updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-stop-windows-updates/90d7873d-0af3-4f7f-9b22-e69d050aa606