Windows 10: Can I pin a shortcut to a blank Word file and a blank Excel file in Windows 10

Discus and support Can I pin a shortcut to a blank Word file and a blank Excel file in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The subject is the entire question. Can I pin a shortcut to a blank Word file and a blank Excel file in Windows 10 I have a purchased and downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by judgejoyce, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Can I pin a shortcut to a blank Word file and a blank Excel file in Windows 10

The subject is the entire question. Can I pin a shortcut to a blank Word file and a blank Excel file in Windows 10 I have a purchased and downloaded 2017 Microsoft Office. The only thing that appears on the start menu is the icon for the entire Office suite!

:)

judgejoyce, Dec 8, 2018
  2. goreds12 Win User

Excel Opens Two Files With One Blank

By the way, I've heard some people mention that the preview pane is an issue (https://community.spiceworks.com/top...e-blank?page=3), but mine isn't even on. Also my C:\Users\mflat\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART is blank with nothing in it (that was another suggestion to delete a file within that folder).
    Oddly enough, this does not happen with other office products such as Word or PPT.

Oddly enough, this does not happen with other office products such as Word or PPT.Oddly enough, this does not happen with other office products such as Word or PPT.

goreds12, Dec 8, 2018
  3. goreds12 Win User
    Excel Opens Two Files With One Blank

I can't seem to catch a break since buying a new computer with Windows 10 and UltraHD. I've noticed that every time I open an Excel file, it not only opens that file, but it also opens a blank workbook as well. This has never happened to me on any previous computer or previous version of Excel and googling the issue has been futile thus far.

To be clear, I'm totally fine with Excel opening a blank workbook if I just click on the Excel shortcut on my taskbar, but I do NOT want Excel to open up a blank workbook when let's say I'm opening up a separate spreadsheet for a financial model.

Once again, any help is greatly appreciated!

goreds12, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Can I pin a shortcut to a blank Word file and a blank Excel file in Windows 10

The excel shortcut cannot be pinned to taskbar

Dear Vanessa, sorry for the long wait.

With the help of your your suggestions I now have a much better understanding of when a shortcut can be "pinned' to the task bar.

When I open a "txt" file in word (or in an other Office pgm) I am unable to pin the "Word icon" (or whatever) on the bar, but if I open a non-Office pgm (I used Ultraedit) I can pin the UE icon to the bar.

When I said I could not make the icon of an EXCEL pgm "stick", I had noticed that a popup claimed that it was already pinned i. e. I already had an EXCEL icon on the task bar which I use to open EXCEL. I then realized that in response to a click on the
    EXCEL icon I obtain a window that shows a list of recent EXCEL files. This usually contains the file that I want to open.

Thank you very much, Siegfried

SiegfriedSchulte, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Can I pin a shortcut to a blank Word file and a blank Excel file in Windows 10

1. Can I pin a shortcut to a blank Word file and a blank Excel file in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - pin shortcut blank

2. File Explorer is Blank????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer is Blank????: The problem is that everything is blank. When I try to open it to upload a picture in places like discord or here, it works fine, but when I open File Explorer on its own it has this issue. I've tried to go to the "view" menu and reset defaults, I've tried a command prompt...
  3. Save As "Previous Locations" box blank in Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save As "Previous Locations" box blank in Word and Excel: I asked this in the Word Forum as that is where I discovered the problem, but it was suggested it's a Windows problem. I have no idea what happened, but when I am saving a document using 'save as', the default location shows up in the bar, but when I click the 'previous...
  4. No words appearing and everything is blank when I open tabs or files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No words appearing and everything is blank when I open tabs or files: Hi all, i recently updated my windows software and suddenly my tabs are blank, and it keeps going blank and there are no words appearing, when i go on chrome its the same thing. anyone can be of assistance please.[IMG]...
  5. Blank file in ThisPC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank file in ThisPC: [ATTACH] after creating a custom navigation pane folder path this blank white file is showing next to my C drive https://preview.redd.it/3nauoi6dt3l41.png?width=1479&format=png&auto=webp&s=2c6419d0c9dbfd5b979b9260c7fadd295eaf65ea...
  6. Blank space in word

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blank space in word: How to remove a large blank space between two paragraphs in Word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-space-in-word/d1d16226-273a-4ce8-8f31-b7d435a36ecd"
  7. Pinned excel file shortcuts to start menu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned excel file shortcuts to start menu not working: When I click to open the pinned excel document shortcuts from Start menu its opening only excel app (blank) instead opening document. When I open the same shortcuts from its location ("C:\Users\......\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"), the shortcuts...
  8. Blank files preview

Blank files preview: Hello, I have been encountering a recurring problem . Whenever i open a folder it show like this (blank preview files) I tried all this methods but nothing seems to work : deactivating the "Always show icon, never thumbnails" option. cleaning thumbnails cache. scan my...
  9. Blank Window with the word Throttled in it.

Blank Window with the word Throttled in it.: When I launch Outlook 2016 (365 edition), I get the the window below. It also has a corresponding process under the task manager simply called "Account". If I kill that process, the window disappears. I deleted the profile and recreated it. I am running a deep scan with...
  10. Excel Opens Two Files With One Blank

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Opens Two Files With One Blank: I can't seem to catch a break since buying a new computer with Windows 10 and UltraHD. I've noticed that every time I open an Excel file, it not only opens that file, but it also opens a blank workbook as well. This has never happened to me on any previous computer or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to pin word blank sheet

2. shortcut for blank word

3. pin blank word

4. pin blank excel windows 10