Windows 10: Can I play all Steam games on Win10 64Bit?

Discus and support Can I play all Steam games on Win10 64Bit? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Nabend, it's actually about the game Max Payne 2, which is from 2003.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by matze357, Aug 9, 2020.

1. matze357 Win User

Can I play all Steam games on Win10 64Bit?

Nabend, it's actually about the game Max Payne 2, which is from 2003.

https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311&_nkw=max+payne+2+pc&_sacat=0

My cousin loves to play the game, but since he has a PC with Win10, the game doesn't run...Despite several compatibility mode settings. He has a DVD for this.

Now at Steam they have checked that the game is available for 9,99€ and there is the question that if you buy the game from there, would you be able to play it 100% safe on Win10...Or would there be further problems ?

does anyone have any experience ?

On WinXP & Win7 with 64Bit each it ran without problems to run the game.

MFG

Matzo

:)

matze357, Aug 9, 2020
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Steam Game Issue

Some details of what is, or is not happening may help, but if you have a lot of games not working the problem could be

due to a corrupt Steam Client.

You can find help for reinstalling/repairing the Steam Client in your Steam...

Help > Steam Support > Steam Client > Steam Crashes ( Click this tab for troubleshooting suggestions).

- Some games require you to run Steams Verify Integrity of Game Files after each of the Win10 version\feature updates.

BossDweeb, Aug 9, 2020
  3. kboppa33 Win User
    steam game wont play

I purchessed nba2k15 on steam installed the game and when i tried to play it says error,i can play all my other games but this one what do i do

kboppa33, Aug 9, 2020
  4. BossDweeb Win User

Can I play Steam game on microsoft platform

"Is there any way I can some how move my game from steam to Microsoft."

No. The games are registered to your Steam account and not transferable. Not that using Games for Windows

(or whatever MS has re-badged GFWL too), is going to be all smooth sailing anyway.

You can prevent Steam from checking for updates, other than when you launch the Steam Client or Steam linked game

while on line, by stopping Steam from loading with Windows when you start your machine ...

- Open your Steam Client and go to the Steam tab (top left corner) to open the options menus.

- Click on Interface and clear the tick box next to
    'Run Steam when my computer starts'.

You may need to close Steam to make the setting stick ?

- Launching a Steam game while your machine is off line, and running Steam in off line mode, also helps prevent Steam

from interfering with that session.

- Steam has improved heaps in recent years, and rarely ever gives me trouble any more. A big part of the improvement

is to do with a better internet connection/speed.

Not saying I am a fan of Steam. I don't like being forced to wait for huge updates to install before I can at least have a look

into a new game. Particularly as most of volume of these updates is multi-player stuff I don't use.

But that's the way the industry is heading - Dictators... Win10 is just one more example of this trend.

- I try to buy games from retail outlets. Particularly very large games such as Fallout 4 and GTA 5, because installing is

faster. Problem is, if you don't have to register the disk based game on Steam, you are still likely to have to register on

Origin, Uplay, or Rockstar (GTA5), and run their client software as well.

And you still have to endure what is increasingly becoming a multi gigabyte 'update' before you can even setup the game.

- I also use the Humble Store (mostly selling Steam keys, but some install without Steam, and they have a charity angle ),

and Good old Games (mostly retro games). Owned buy the people who publish
    The Witcher series.

- Both retail and online outlets keep the RRP of many oldish games priced artificially high so they can make the right

price look good when they have one of their many 'sales' over the year. Wait for one of the frequent sales when buying games.

Every on line games seller has the 'best price' at some time of the year. One week it's Steam, next few weeks it's Humble, and

considering you get a disk and box to hold, retail game shops have some good prices when a sale is on too.

The Humble Store: Great games. Fantastic prices. Support charity.

http://www.gog.com/

[EDIT: Steam don't seem to have either the Win10 version, or season pass atm .

I believe the season pass is linked to the recently released Win10 version of the game, and may not work with the 'old' version ? ]

- Generally speaking, when you buy a game you need to buy the DLC from the same source.

I believe you will need to buy the season pass from Steam as Steam (Origin, Uplay) installs games directly into your account during download vs downloading an installer to install the game manually, as some sites such as GOG do.

Games that use an installer package are more open to having the DLC installed using an installer package from another source.

Be that disk based or downloaded installer.

Retail disk games are catching up though. I have bought a Steam key for DLC to use with my retail disk version of Fallout 4,

but this would only apply to disk based games that have to be installed to your Steam account.

BossDweeb, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I play all Steam games on Win10 64Bit? - Similar Threads - play Steam games

2. windows key not working as long as i play a steam game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows key not working as long as i play a steam game: so almost about a year i've been playing this game called "geometry dash" that i bought from steam and nothing was really wrong with the windows key. until recently the windows key stopped working whenever i boot up geometry dash. my computer has a calculator key that opens...
  3. windows key not working as long as i play a steam game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows key not working as long as i play a steam game: so almost about a year i've been playing this game called "geometry dash" that i bought from steam and nothing was really wrong with the windows key. until recently the windows key stopped working whenever i boot up geometry dash. my computer has a calculator key that opens...
  4. Can I use steam game that is name paladins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use steam game that is name paladins: Split from this thread. can i use steam game that is name paladins https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-steam-game-that-is-name-paladins/7ea51567-57f4-4aa5-bad2-2aecb8076a58
  5. Win10 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 64bit: windows1064bit2004KB2693643 0x8024001d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/f9771dca-7f2b-4c91-bae2-058493d928a3
  6. Steam and all Steam games suddenly started crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Steam and all Steam games suddenly started crashing: All of a sudden my Steam and all Steam games started crashing. These were working until 17/08. I didn't play for a week and they started crashing from 23/08. The only thing that I can think of that i installed during this time is Visual Studio 2015 Community. I tried after...
  7. i play game in steam but i can join, this game say "unsupported graphics card delected"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i play game in steam but i can join, this game say "unsupported graphics card delected": help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-play-game-in-steam-but-i-can-join-this-game-say/051565a4-a4ff-49fb-8878-e47a698e4c4e
  8. I cant play my steam games anymore!!!!!

I cant play my steam games anymore!!!!!: I am sick of trying to fix this stupid error. I was able to play games on this laptop before but now when i go on steam and try to play them it gives me this error. [ATTACH] I have tried to "Instal Dierct X again. Checked DxDiag, and checked if my drivers up to date"....
  9. BSOD Whenever i play games or sometimes even when i game in steam.

BSOD Whenever i play games or sometimes even when i game in steam.: Hi, My pc crashed on BSOD whenever i play a game or sometimes just as i open the game from steam. The Error is system service exception windows 10 netio.sys. Please help. Thank you. 55735
  10. When I play Steam games, they stutter and frames drop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I play Steam games, they stutter and frames drop: Howdy. Recently my computer has been making my games stutter and lag. This never been a problem as I have 16 GB of RAM and Radeon r9 200 with an AMD 8 core processor. What can I do to fix this inconvenience? I already uninstalled my GPU driver with DDU and reinstalled them....