Windows 10: Can I plug in old windows 10 drive to new windows 11 to get a file off?

Discus and support Can I plug in old windows 10 drive to new windows 11 to get a file off? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had an old computer and built a new one with all new hardware. I forgot some files off my old windows 10 ssd and the backup image I made is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DesertWyvern, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Can I plug in old windows 10 drive to new windows 11 to get a file off?

I had an old computer and built a new one with all new hardware. I forgot some files off my old windows 10 ssd and the backup image I made is unwritable so I can't change ownership permissions when I mount it as a virtual disk.Can I plug the windows 10 ssd into my new machine with windows 11 to get&

:)

DesertWyvern, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 23, 2022
  4. CK011885 Win User

Can I plug in old windows 10 drive to new windows 11 to get a file off?

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Can I plug in old windows 10 drive to new windows 11 to get a file off?

1. Can I plug in old windows 10 drive to new windows 11 to get a file off? - Similar Threads - plug old drive

2. Can I plug my old hard drive with Windows XP in to my new Windows 10 pc and transfer video...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I plug my old hard drive with Windows XP in to my new Windows 10 pc and transfer video...: I have an hard drive that has ton of movies on it, but it also has Windows XP. Is it safe to plug it into my current pc thats running Windows 10? or do i have to tranfer them from an pc thats running Windows XP?...
  3. Can I plug my old hard drive with Windows XP in to my new Windows 10 pc and transfer video...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I plug my old hard drive with Windows XP in to my new Windows 10 pc and transfer video...: I have an hard drive that has ton of movies on it, but it also has Windows XP. Is it safe to plug it into my current pc thats running Windows 10? or do i have to tranfer them from an pc thats running Windows XP?...
  4. Can I plug my old hard drive with Windows XP in to my new Windows 10 pc and transfer video...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can I get windows from old pc to new

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I get windows from old pc to new: So I have this old pc that I am getting all new parts for and I was wondering if I could get the windows from the old parts to the new for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-windows-from-old-pc-to-new/b519b9ce-055a-4283-95d0-acada842d4df
  6. Can I get windows from old pc to new

Can I get windows from old pc to new: So I have this old pc that I am getting all new parts for and I was wondering if I could get the windows from the old parts to the new for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-windows-from-old-pc-to-new/b519b9ce-055a-4283-95d0-acada842d4df
  7. Can I plug in old windows 10 drive to new windows 11 to get a file off?

Can I plug in old windows 10 drive to new windows 11 to get a file off?: I had an old computer and built a new one with all new hardware. I forgot some files off my old windows 10 ssd and the backup image I made is unwritable so I can't change ownership permissions when I mount it as a virtual disk.Can I plug the windows 10 ssd into my new machine...
  8. I installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data, old documents off old drive...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data, old documents off old drive...: installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data old documents of old drive but it keeps linking back to the new drive. The ones that dont have the little loop are just fine to access...
  9. I installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data, old documents off old drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data, old documents off old drive...: installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data old documents of old drive but it keeps linking back to the new drive. The ones that dont have the little loop are just fine to access...
  10. I installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data, old documents off old drive...