Windows 10: Can I preserve Win10 account from old HDD?

Discus and support Can I preserve Win10 account from old HDD? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I use several ext HDD's for storage and some were pulled from laptops. Is it possible to save the win10 installation in case I need it before I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by l_turn9, Jun 14, 2019.

1. l_turn9 Win User

Can I preserve Win10 account from old HDD?

Hello, I use several ext HDD's for storage and some were pulled from laptops. Is it possible to save the win10 installation in case I need it before I format the HDD? Also, do I need to save the ESD folder from my ext HDDs?

TIA -

:)

l_turn9, Jun 14, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 14, 2019
  3. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I preserve Win10 account from old HDD? - Similar Threads - preserve Win10 account

2. Moving HDD with data from old win10 desktop to a newly built win11 desktop. HDD show in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving HDD with data from old win10 desktop to a newly built win11 desktop. HDD show in...: I had an older desktop running Win10 with several internal HDDs that stored data only. I purchased a new moterboard, cpu, memory, ssd and installed that in the old case, and set up win11 on this new installation as a fresh install. That is all working fine.The HDDs that...
  3. Moving HDD with data from old win10 desktop to a newly built win11 desktop. HDD show in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving HDD with data from old win10 desktop to a newly built win11 desktop. HDD show in...: I had an older desktop running Win10 with several internal HDDs that stored data only. I purchased a new moterboard, cpu, memory, ssd and installed that in the old case, and set up win11 on this new installation as a fresh install. That is all working fine.The HDDs that...
  4. Can I separate and move the boot partition from an old HDD to a smaller HDD or SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I separate and move the boot partition from an old HDD to a smaller HDD or SSD?: I have a 3TB HDD that I have been using for many years, and it is starting to slow down. is there any way I can move my boot data onto a smaller HDD or SSD and keep my current HDD as a storage drive? all the guides online are talking about moving from one drive to another of...
  5. Can I separate and move the boot partition from an old HDD to a smaller HDD or SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I separate and move the boot partition from an old HDD to a smaller HDD or SSD?: I have a 3TB HDD that I have been using for many years, and it is starting to slow down. is there any way I can move my boot data onto a smaller HDD or SSD and keep my current HDD as a storage drive? all the guides online are talking about moving from one drive to another of...
  6. Moving win10 from hdd to m2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving win10 from hdd to m2: Hi, I have a laptop and I bought a new Samsung 500GB m2 , I want to move windows from the old hdd to m2 , but I want to keep the hdd too. So how should I do it? Should I move it without formatting? and how ? Or is it better to fromat the hdd and clean install it on m2 ?...
  7. Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?: Hey fellow redditors! For the first time ever I will get myself a gaming pc, my brothers old pc. It has an HDD with Windows 10 and other stuff. I am planning to clean install the Windows on the SSD and remove/blank the HDD. I know how to install the Windows on the SSD. But...
  8. Win10 Install from small HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Install from small HDD: Hi Gang! Okay, I have older stuff, most from around 2010, yea, I know, I'm poor! None of my boxes have on-board USB3, so USB2 installs are my only choice unless I want to turn to dust waiting on and hoping the DVD doesn't choke 30 minutes into just loading up before the...
  9. Delete Windows from old HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Windows from old HDD: Hi, I replaced my wife's HDD with and SSD and want to use her old drive to back data, the OS won't let me delete the Windows folder and I don't want to format the drive. Can I force Windows to delete the folder? 120194
  10. Can I Clone A System Config From an Old Win 10 HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I Clone A System Config From an Old Win 10 HDD: I have a pretty shoddy old eMachines PC running Win 10 Home edition 32-bit. I had decided to replace it with something newer and quicker but before I could get around to doing so the machine has crashed and won't boot. When I boot the box I get nothing on the monitor no...