Windows 10: Can I prevent a specific folder from being created or moved into another specific folder

Discus and support Can I prevent a specific folder from being created or moved into another specific folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; One of my siblings goes all the way into my user's desktop directory and launches minecarft from the shortcut I have there, but what he doesn't know is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AmrElnoury, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Can I prevent a specific folder from being created or moved into another specific folder

One of my siblings goes all the way into my user's desktop directory and launches minecarft from the shortcut I have there, but what he doesn't know is that by doing so he actually creates a folder in the AppData\roaming directory called {.minecraft}. I know I can simply not give him permission to enter my user's directory but I wanna make sure he doesn't download the game too

submitted by /u/AmrElnoury
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AmrElnoury, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Shnxxx Win User

Prevent specific app writing on specific folder

There's a 3rd-party app I have that let me connect to servers to play warcraft 3 with others. It is a great alternative for battle .net. But I am annoyed and worried of what it does. It generates random files inside system's "Windows" and "SysWOW64" folder.
    It's just weird that they are doing this. It makes me worry. Especially, they are writing on a system folder. Any help would be much appreciated!
    I already tried changing its permissions by going into the properties of the ".exe" >> Security Tab >> Advance >> Changing owner from "Administrator" to "User", and changing permissions from "Full Control" to "Read and Execute". Also removed other Principals. After all of that, it could still write on the system folder :/

Here's some screenshot of what it generates.
    [Under Windows folder]
    Can I prevent a specific folder from being created or moved into another specific folder [​IMG]

[Under SysWOW64 folder, it writes about 643 files...]
    Can I prevent a specific folder from being created or moved into another specific folder [​IMG]

Shnxxx, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Jan 11, 2021
  4. gogreen Win User

Can I prevent a specific folder from being created or moved into another specific folder

List specific shared folder in Network, not root folder

I share files on my home network between my desktop PC and my laptop. I often move files between the two computers by placing folders on the desktops and then working with them or moving them to specific folders. The network for my laptop lists its desktop folder, but for the desktop PC, the topline \Users root folder is listed, not the desktop. Network and sharing work just fine. But how do I list the shared PC desktop folder so that I don’t have to drill down through the \Users file structure to reach the desktop folder?

gogreen, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Can I prevent a specific folder from being created or moved into another specific folder

1. Can I prevent a specific folder from being created or moved into another specific folder - Similar Threads - prevent specific folder

2. How can I move files from a folder to a specific spot on my desktop??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I move files from a folder to a specific spot on my desktop??: I'm having trouble with moving files to my desktop. Whenever I open a folder, and want to move the contents to my desktop, I usually pick a specific spot to move it to so that it doesn't get mixed up with everything else on my desktop. The files I always have on my desktop...
  3. Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?: I have decided to delete my old Windows 10 account but I have some important files/folders there that I want to keep, how can I save those specific files but delete everything else?Note: I only want to delete one user not all users on my desktop....
  4. Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?: I have decided to delete my old Windows 10 account but I have some important files/folders there that I want to keep, how can I save those specific files but delete everything else?Note: I only want to delete one user not all users on my desktop....
  5. Saving specific files/folders from being deleted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Automatically move specific files that have the same suffix to another folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatically move specific files that have the same suffix to another folder: Hi,I would like to automatically move files from my Download folder to a specific folder. They are Excel items that I download and the names only differ in the date in the name. For example:Dummy holdings 20211222.xlsxDummy holdings 20211221.xlsxDummy holdings 20211220.xlsxSo...
  7. Automatically move specific files that have the same suffix to another folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically move specific files that have the same suffix to another folder: Hi,I would like to automatically move files from my Download folder to a specific folder. They are Excel items that I download and the names only differ in the date in the name. For example:Dummy holdings 20211222.xlsxDummy holdings 20211221.xlsxDummy holdings 20211220.xlsxSo...
  8. Automatically move specific files that have the same suffix to another folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Prevent specific app writing on specific folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent specific app writing on specific folder: There's a 3rd-party app I have that let me connect to servers to play warcraft 3 with others. It is a great alternative for battle .net. But I am annoyed and worried of what it does. It generates random files inside system's "Windows" and "SysWOW64" folder. It's just weird...
  10. How do I mirror a folder to another folder in this specific way?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I mirror a folder to another folder in this specific way?: For example, I have two folders: A and B. I want all contents of folder A mirrored to folder B. I want it in such a way that all changes to folder B ignored, and only changes to folder A are respected. For example (again), if I copy any folder/file to inside of folder A,...