Windows 10: Can I prevent all my screens from flashing when a new monitor is turned on?

Discus and support Can I prevent all my screens from flashing when a new monitor is turned on? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I turn on a TV in another room that is connected via HDMI, it causes all my monitors to flash. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zWeApOnz, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Can I prevent all my screens from flashing when a new monitor is turned on?

When I turn on a TV in another room that is connected via HDMI, it causes all my monitors to flash. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I use an NVIDIA card.

submitted by /u/zWeApOnz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zWeApOnz, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    New Lenovo monitors wont turn on; low power mode turns on and screens go black.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Lenovo monitor. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the complete model number of the Lenovo monitor?
    • How are the monitors connected to the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How are you turning on low power mode?

Please reply with more information on the issue to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Can I prevent all my screens from flashing when a new monitor is turned on?

Returning Windows to Second Screen

Hello Kate,

Let's try to isolate the issue and see what is preventing you from using Windows to second screen. Kindly provide us the following information:

• When you turned on your computer, does it give you an extended display for both monitor screen and your laptop?
    • Is your monitor screen already connected to your laptop before turning it on?
    • What cable are you using to connect your second monitor to your laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Can I prevent all my screens from flashing when a new monitor is turned on?

1. Can I prevent all my screens from flashing when a new monitor is turned on? - Similar Threads - prevent screens flashing

2. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off: I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. I use powercfg -requests to see what is preventing them from turning off and for the last couple of...
  3. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off: I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. I use powercfg -requests to see what is preventing them from turning off and for the last couple of...
  4. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen flashes back when I change monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flashes back when I change monitor.: When I click on the other monitor, it flashes black, and when I click back onto the first monitor, it flashes black again. How can I stop this?Edit- It only happens with fortnite, when I have discord instead of fortnite on one monitor it doesn't flash...
  6. Screen flashes back when I change monitor.

Screen flashes back when I change monitor.: When I click on the other monitor, it flashes black, and when I click back onto the first monitor, it flashes black again. How can I stop this?Edit- It only happens with fortnite, when I have discord instead of fortnite on one monitor it doesn't flash...
  7. My monitor screen is flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My monitor screen is flashing: my monitor screen has been flashing for about 3 days and I’ve tried almost everything to try to fix it. I am almost certain this is not my monitor since I tried another monitor and it still flashed.I still don’t know if this is a virus or hardware problem please help....
  8. How can I prevent Windows from rearranging screens (3 monitors)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How can I prevent Windows from rearranging screens (3 monitors): Introduction: I have triple monitor setup (DVI, Display Port, HDMI) I cannot really change this setup unless I change my graphics card since it has 1 port for each + 1 additional HDMI port. I'm quite good with computer as I used to work in tech support but I'm stumped by this...
  9. Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording

Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording: Hi! Is it possible to prevent my screen from turning off when I'm recording it through the Xbox Game Bar (Win + G)? If my screen turns off during recording, the recording is stopped and not saved, which can be really annoying. On the other hand, when I am not recording my...
  10. When I Turn My TV Which I Use As A Monitor My Other Monitors Flash

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    When I Turn My TV Which I Use As A Monitor My Other Monitors Flash: Hi, I have a Sony Bravia 4K TV which I use as a 4th monitor on top of my triple 1080p monitors and when I turn the triple monitors on first everything is fine, but when I turn the 4K monitor on my middle and left monitor flashes, monitor 1 and 3. My tv is monitor 2 and my...