Windows 10: can I prevent certain parts of the update from installing?

Discus and support can I prevent certain parts of the update from installing? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every Time I update my pc my video card stops working. I have researched this and found out that I was sold a second hand card that had been changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MelanieLindsey, Nov 22, 2020.

1. can I prevent certain parts of the update from installing?

Every Time I update my pc my video card stops working. I have researched this and found out that I was sold a second hand card that had been changed to run faster or some such. I am not the most techy soul Anyway, I am going to be forced to do my Window updates and wondered if there was a way to do them without doing anything to the card driver so my video games will keep working. Any suggestions?

:)

MelanieLindsey, Nov 22, 2020
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Nov 22, 2020
  3. CJCerny Win User
    Redirect certain webpages to kittens

Don't know about the kitten thing, but I do know that blocking "all NSFW" websites is gonna require a service/software that is updated regularly. This can either be done with software or with a router that supports such a feature, since the list of NSFW websites is constantly changing. Suggest you start with the option for family friendly surfing that is included as part of Windows Live Essentials.

CJCerny, Nov 22, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

can I prevent certain parts of the update from installing?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond can I prevent certain parts of the update from installing? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

can I prevent certain parts of the update from installing?

1. can I prevent certain parts of the update from installing? - Similar Threads - prevent certain parts

2. How can I prevent an update from ever installing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent an update from ever installing?: Hello, The update KB5030310 breaks my graphic drivers constantly. I have uninstalled this update already 3 times and it keeps getting installed.Even if I paused all updates for 5 weeks, I still got it installed again today, how can I "blacklist" it or pause it from...
  3. How can I prevent an update from ever installing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent an update from ever installing?: Hello, The update KB5030310 breaks my graphic drivers constantly. I have uninstalled this update already 3 times and it keeps getting installed.Even if I paused all updates for 5 weeks, I still got it installed again today, how can I "blacklist" it or pause it from...
  4. How can we prevent Windows Update from updating certain drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can we prevent Windows Update from updating certain drivers?: Windows Update is "updating" my AMD Radeon Graphics from 31.0.x to 30.x and it's causing an issue for my system. Everytime I update it to the correct driver using AMD's driver auto-detect tool, Windows Update reinstalls the incorrect driver. It's like a cat/mouse game. Is...
  5. How can we prevent Windows Update from updating certain drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we prevent Windows Update from updating certain drivers?: Windows Update is "updating" my AMD Radeon Graphics from 31.0.x to 30.x and it's causing an issue for my system. Everytime I update it to the correct driver using AMD's driver auto-detect tool, Windows Update reinstalls the incorrect driver. It's like a cat/mouse game. Is...
  6. Certain Updates are preventing me from accessing Libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Certain Updates are preventing me from accessing Libraries: Hi. I have a folder of videos on my PC which has been added to Libraries. In the next room is my Dune media player and when I use its NetworkBrowser/UPnP button, I can navigate to and play the videos. After Update KB4601345, I could navigate to the video folder but the Dune...
  7. How can I prevent windows from installing anything but security updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I prevent windows from installing anything but security updates?: So Im tired of windows changing my settings while installing updates even tho they say that it's necessary (why would turning on fastboot necessary and why won't they change my settings back?) so I was thinking if there's way to perevent anything but security updates? Im...
  8. Can I prevent an Update that is queued up, waiting for restart to install, from installing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I prevent an Update that is queued up, waiting for restart to install, from installing?: https://www.infopackets.com/news/10709/user-files-disappear-after-botched-win10-update <snip> The update with the more serious problems - which is the one Microsoft has withdrawn - is numbered KB4532693 and has a couple of major bugs. The first is that some users have...
  9. How to prevent certain program from auto update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent certain program from auto update: How to prevent certain program from auto update From Control Panel shows Windows defender firewall from right shows Advanced Setting From right shows Inbound Rules, from lift shows New Rule, and follow the steps 1- اختار برامج 2-حدد مكان البرنامج الذى لا ترغب في تحديثه...
  10. prevent access to certain folder from an account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    prevent access to certain folder from an account: hi my computer has 2 accounts, both administrators. one is mine, the other is my wife's. I have a folder that contains pictures and videos which I don't want my wife to view/access. I DO need the indexing search mechanism to keep indexing it but I don't want the...