Windows 10: Can I purchase a Windows 10 OEM license for my business?

Discus and support Can I purchase a Windows 10 OEM license for my business? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; One of my colleague owns a business with about 8 computers. Can I purchase an OEM license instead of a retail license which cost almost triple the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nitish Patil, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Can I purchase a Windows 10 OEM license for my business?

One of my colleague owns a business with about 8 computers.

Can I purchase an OEM license instead of a retail license which cost almost triple the price?

Currently those machines are running Linux and I would like to switch them to Windows.

:)

Nitish Patil, Jun 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

1. Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    2. What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    3. Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    4. What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    5. What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    6. What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, Jun 2, 2019
  3. OEM License and Paper License for office/Small Business use

Hi,

I am starting a new company and want to purchase 10 Windows 10 License for business/office use.I want to buy 10 OEM licenses for my company but, my vendor says you need to buy paper(Volume) License which has one key for all pcs. Is OEm licenses are not allowed
    for office use purpose .

dineshsoni1, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Can I purchase a Windows 10 OEM license for my business?

OEM License and Paper License for office/Small Business use

OEM licenses are fine for business use. Volume License is really an upgrade that enrolls you into a sort of subscription for new releases of Windows 10 client, but thats kinda murky now with the new servicing model. The OEM license should be more than
    sufficient without the purchase of a Volume License.

Keep in mind, I think you need to enroll them within 90 days of activating Windows 10 in order for it to be affordable to join Volume LIcensing.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Can I purchase a Windows 10 OEM license for my business?

1. Can I purchase a Windows 10 OEM license for my business? - Similar Threads - purchase OEM license

2. Can I purchase a windows 10 pro license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I purchase a windows 10 pro license?: Is there a way to purchase a windows 10 pro license? I tried using the Microsoft store but it only gives me the option for windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-purchase-a-windows-10-pro-license/cd436a21-355e-495f-b6db-d1e18d3ff6bd
  3. Can I purchase a windows 10 pro license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I purchase a windows 10 pro license?: Is there a way to purchase a windows 10 pro license? I tried using the Microsoft store but it only gives me the option for windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-purchase-a-windows-10-pro-license/cd436a21-355e-495f-b6db-d1e18d3ff6bd
  4. Can I purchase a windows 10 pro license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I still purchase Windows 10 license?

Can I still purchase Windows 10 license?: We intend to start a computer lab in a school for children from low-income families. With limited financing, we have opted to purchase non-branded PCs, which will be assembled as per our specifications. We wish to install Windows 10 instead of Windows 11, to save some costs....
  6. Can I still purchase Windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I still purchase Windows 10 license?: We intend to start a computer lab in a school for children from low-income families. With limited financing, we have opted to purchase non-branded PCs, which will be assembled as per our specifications. We wish to install Windows 10 instead of Windows 11, to save some costs....
  7. Can I still purchase Windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bulk purchase of Windows 10 OEM License

Bulk purchase of Windows 10 OEM License: I called Microsoft twice trying to find out what department deals with the sale of Windows 10 OEM Licenses and got in touch with the live chat team and got transferred twice and still have had no luck. Basically I'm looking to get a price and MOQ for Windows 10 OEM Licenses...
  9. How can I purchase -legit- OEM keys as a small PC build/repair business?

How can I purchase -legit- OEM keys as a small PC build/repair business?: I run a small PC building/repair business, and I'm just wondering how I could go about obtaining an agreement that would allow me to purchase Windows 10 OEM keys for the PCs I build, as well as those I ocassionally have to do a complete boot drive and OS reinstall on. OEM...
  10. Can I resell Windows 10 license OEM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I resell Windows 10 license OEM?: I purchased a custom build PC in the spring with a 120 GB SSD boot drive. I have Windows 10 Home (OEM 64 bit) installed from a disc. In short, Windows 10 has turned out to be a nightmare, worst OS ever. I HATE it. I want to get rid of Windows 10 and install Windows 7 Pro...