Windows 10: Can I purchase this Full version Win10 & not ever call MS to activate?

Discus and support Can I purchase this Full version Win10 & not ever call MS to activate? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I want to purchase this Full version Win10 and hopefully not ever have to call Microsoft to activate on clean installs. Making sure I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by asusG, Dec 8, 2018.

1. asusG Win User

Can I purchase this Full version Win10 & not ever call MS to activate?

Hi I want to purchase this Full version Win10 and hopefully not ever have to call Microsoft to activate on clean installs. Making sure I have no surprises in the future.

I hope I posted this in the correct thread.

Windows 10 Pro - Full Version 32 & 64-bit (USB Flash Drive) Model FQC-10069

1) ' For EXAMPLE ' I want to do a clean install same hardware machine once a week for 52 weeks, will I ever have to call Microsoft to activate this key ?

2) 'For EXAMPLE ' I build a new hardware PC once a month, continuing for 4 years, starting in January 2019. Before I build February new hardware PC and activate key, I will uninstall OS from January PC that is using this key. Will I have to call Microsoft to activate this key ever ?

A few more questions please...

3) If I purchase this version, instead of the OEM license, do I have the flexibility to move it to a brand new machine at a later point in time if I want to ( as long as I uninstall from older machine) without contacting Microsoft ever ?

4) Since this is Full version it will not be locked or tied to any computer that I install this on. I will be able to reuse this key when the time comes for a hardware upgrade as long as I uninstall from older computer it was installed on ?

5) Can this be installed on a single computer indefinitely, many clean installs, activated many times , and not have to call Microsoft ?

6) If I build a new PC I can use the key as long as my older install PC OS is uninstalled , and do I have to contact Microsoft to activate use with new system ?

7) I do clean installs on my PC often, will I have to contact Microsoft ever to activate ?

8) I will only have it activated on one machine at any given time, so I won't ever have to call Microsoft to activate new machine correct ?

Sorry if some questions are similar, I just want to be sure before purchase.

Would be helpful if you actually purchased this version and have first hand experience with it and activation many times.

Thanks!

:)

asusG, Dec 8, 2018

2. Activation and Purchasing Win10?

Hi all,

I have some questions here below regarding Activation.

1. If I insert a new hard drive on my notebook and then reinstall Win10, will Win10 still be activated or do I have to purchase another copy of Windows with a different product key for reactivation?
    On my old hard drive, I did a clean install of Win10.

General question regarding Clean Install and Activation of Win10

2. As far as my original Win10 installation went, I purchased a copy of Win10 DVD and used the Media Creation Tool to make a USB bootable stick. Then, when I installed Win10, I entered the product key from the Win10 DVD sticker and then I activated it online. So basically, I never had to insert the DVD.
    Is this the overall general practice for users who want to clean install Win10?

In other words, reading from the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool webpage, it does require users to enter a Product Key. So in this case like me, do people have to go out and purchase a Win10 DVD in order to get the product key and only just use the Media Creation Tool to install Windows?

That's the way that I did it.

Thanks!

win10freak, Dec 8, 2018
  3. wishihad Win User
    Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone Can I purchase this Full version Win10 & not ever call MS to activate? :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Dec 8, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Activation and Purchasing Win10?

The same product key will reactivate Windows 10 again on that computer.

It is probably not the overall general practice for users who do clean installs. But there is nothing wrong with that method, either.

Most people are doing upgrades from Windows 7, 8 or 8.1.

NavyLCDR, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I purchase this Full version Win10 & not ever call MS to activate? - Similar Threads - purchase Full version

2. Win10 activation - how do I get MS to help me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 activation - how do I get MS to help me: I updated an older ACTIVATED legal version of Win10 older build by doing a fresh install. Everything worked OK, but now Windows tells me it's not activated there were no hardware changes. When I try to activate manually, the process fails can't reach the server of something...
  3. Win10 activation - how do I get MS to help me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 activation - how do I get MS to help me: I updated an older ACTIVATED legal version of Win10 older build by doing a fresh install. Everything worked OK, but now Windows tells me it's not activated there were no hardware changes. When I try to activate manually, the process fails can't reach the server of something...
  4. Win10 activation - how do I get MS to help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate

Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate: The computer came with Win10 Home. I purchased a Win10 Pro upgrade from the Miicrosoft store. Now on the activation page it states I have Windows 10 Enterprisewhich I did not purchase - I purchase Windows 10 Professional upgrade. It also states "We can't activate Windows on...
  6. How can I purchase the DVD Boxset Version of the MS 2020 Flight Simulator using XBox Gift...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can I purchase the DVD Boxset Version of the MS 2020 Flight Simulator using XBox Gift...: How can I purchase the DVD Boxset Version of the MS 2020 Flight Simulator using XBox Gift Cards I got for Christmas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-purchase-the-dvd-boxset-version-of-the/65239929-5e26-4f58-80b0-154d62e2f741
  7. Can I install 1903 win10 in 1909 version????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install 1903 win10 in 1909 version????: In my PC, win10 1909 version doesn't work well. So, I wish to install 1903 version which worked well. My 1909 win10 is activated with a digital license. Can I fresh install 1903 in my 1909 PC without any activation problems????? Please help me......
  8. No one ever calls back from MS tech support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No one ever calls back from MS tech support: so it has been over a week of trying. . 5 times i have chatted/called MS. Start level 1 . Get to leval 2 .[this takes sevarl hours each time] Get a promise of a call back from leval 3 and also a promise that the leval 2 tech will also cal to confirm the 3 acutally did call.....
  9. Unlock full win10 version minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock full win10 version minecraft: I had a free Minecraft win10 version in my computer and I wanted to unlock the full version. But the question came from here, when I clicked the button Unlock Full Version, it asked me to enter a code as the format xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx should I buy the Minecraft gift...
  10. Activation and Purchasing Win10?

Activation and Purchasing Win10?: Hi all, I have some questions here below regarding Activation. 1. If I insert a new hard drive on my notebook and then reinstall Win10, will Win10 still be activated or do I have to purchase another copy of Windows with a different product key for reactivation? On my...