Windows 10: Can I purchase two copies of a game on the same account or share a game with my child?

Discus and support Can I purchase two copies of a game on the same account or share a game with my child? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to play Astroneer in multiplayer with my 8 year old. I have a Play Anywhere copy of the game. I don't mind buying an extra copy, buy my child is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ThomasAmos, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Can I purchase two copies of a game on the same account or share a game with my child?

I want to play Astroneer in multiplayer with my 8 year old. I have a Play Anywhere copy of the game. I don't mind buying an extra copy, buy my child is too young for a MS account and I don't want to have to create a "dummy" account just to buy another copy.

So can I buy two copies of the game, on the same account, and then play with both at the same time? Or better, is there some kind of family sharing where I could share my copy of the game with my child and we could play at the same time?

Thanks!

:)

ThomasAmos, Nov 19, 2020

2. can't seem to be able to share a purchased game (minecraft) with my grandson on his child account in windows 10

Hi , I've just purchase minecraft on my admin account then logged out and back in to the child's account, I can not find the game listed so he can play. I've been trying to set up access to the game for my child and it seems they want me to purchase the
    game again for him, once for me and once for my child. could you please tell me where I can find directions it seems that I am not the only person with this problem but I can't find a solution.

subpoenaman, Nov 19, 2020
  3. bruin0 Win User
    Sharing Games downloaded in Main account with Family Members

I've had a look at the link and doesn't mention anything about sharing games from my account to my child account. It would be great if this is possible without me having to purchase and download the games again with the child account.

bruin0, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Can I purchase two copies of a game on the same account or share a game with my child?

How to download a purchased application/game on a Windows Phone 8 device through a child account?

Hello Joy and thanks for your prompt reply.

Unfortunately the proposed actions do not help in any way to resolve this issue, however I have taken those steps to confirm.

The thing is, that I have purchased the game from my account on my Windows 10 Mobile device and would like to install it on my child's device, either trough his or mine Microsoft account.

In Windows Phone 8.1 there is no option to switch the Microsoft account on the device unless you hard reset the device, which means that I will loose all current downloads and purchases.

However even if I do hard reset the device and add my account instead of the child's one, eventually I will be able to download and install the game without repeating the purchase. But how will I switch back to the child's account?

I was thinking, is there a way to assign the purchased game from my account to the child account trough the Family Safety settings or something like this?

While we are able to "share" applications and games on Windows 10 devices, including mobile, desktop and Xbox One, why wouldn't this be possible with WP 8.1 too?

Thanks for your support, it is really appreciated!

KonstantinYovev, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Can I purchase two copies of a game on the same account or share a game with my child?

1. Can I purchase two copies of a game on the same account or share a game with my child? - Similar Threads - purchase copies game

2. Purchased game not available in store for child account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased game not available in store for child account: I purchased a game while logged in under my child account. In the library the game is not listed. When searching for the game, it says purchased. But if I go to the game, there is no option to install or open....
  3. Purchased game not available in store for child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased game not available in store for child account: I purchased a game while logged in under my child account. In the library the game is not listed. When searching for the game, it says purchased. But if I go to the game, there is no option to install or open....
  4. Purchased game not available in store for child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family sharing a game purchase

Family sharing a game purchase: Here's the thingDaughter asked me to buy her Minecraft a couple of months ago from the MS Store on our family PC. She sent me a request through family sharing and I was duly relieved of £24.99.Today my son asked me to buy Minecraft. 'Ah' I said 'I bought that for your...
  6. Game share with family accounts on same computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game share with family accounts on same computer: Is there a way to share without each account having to install the game again? For example, I have FS2020 installed but when my son tries to start the game under his login, it wants to install the 100GB again. Steam only requires one installation. We can get around that by...
  7. Playing a game on two devices but on the same account

Playing a game on two devices but on the same account: Hey, I just wanted to know if you are able to play two games on two devices but on the same account. Not at the same time but on the same account. Thanks...
  8. Two Games with the same name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Games with the same name.: Why does Windows have a problem with video games with the same name? EA has two different versions of the video game Need for Speed Most Wanted. But that is all they have in common. The first Need for Speed Most Wanted was developed by Black Box Games and was released in...
  9. Child account can't play game I purchased

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account can't play game I purchased: I am setting up a notebook for my daughter that is running Windows 10 home. I bought Minecraft, and then created a child account for my daughter. She can't see Minecraft when she logs in to the tablet. How can I set it up for her to play it? I didn't buy it for me to...
  10. Family sharing of purchased games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family sharing of purchased games: My kids love Minecraft. I purchased minecraft on my iphone and it allowed them to download it on their iPads without having to purchase it again. If I purchase Minecraft on my computer, will my kids, who are a part of my family in Microsoft, be able to download it and play...