Windows 10: Can I purchase Windows 10 for a different PC?

Discus and support Can I purchase Windows 10 for a different PC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently on a PC that is running Windows 10. I have a second PC that is running Windows 7, and I want to upgrade that PC to Win10. However due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RodL2, Dec 11, 2021.

1. RodL2 Win User

Can I purchase Windows 10 for a different PC?

I am currently on a PC that is running Windows 10. I have a second PC that is running Windows 7, and I want to upgrade that PC to Win10. However due to to the outdated security on the Win7 PC, I would rather make my purchase using the Win10 PC. If I purchase Windows 10 Home from my Win10 PC will I get a Product Code that could be used on the Win7 PC, or will that purchase be tied to the PC that made the order?

:)

RodL2, Dec 11, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 11, 2021
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 11, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Can I purchase Windows 10 for a different PC? - Similar Threads - purchase different

2. How do I find my purchases / receive them from the Microsoft store; on a different computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my purchases / receive them from the Microsoft store; on a different computer?: Recently I've lost access to my computer that I had purchased Minecraft on from the Microsoft store. And I signed in with the email I used to purchase, checked my library and the game itself and it says it needs to be bought again?I've already bought this game, I think it's...
  3. How do I find my purchases / receive them from the Microsoft store; on a different computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find my purchases / receive them from the Microsoft store; on a different computer?: Recently I've lost access to my computer that I had purchased Minecraft on from the Microsoft store. And I signed in with the email I used to purchase, checked my library and the game itself and it says it needs to be bought again?I've already bought this game, I think it's...
  4. How do I find my purchases / receive them from the Microsoft store; on a different computer?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Can I purchase Windows 10 for a different PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I purchase Windows 10 for a different PC?: I am currently on a PC that is running Windows 10. I have a second PC that is running Windows 7, and I want to upgrade that PC to Win10. However due to to the outdated security on the Win7 PC, I would rather make my purchase using the Win10 PC. If I purchase Windows 10 Home...
  6. Can I purchase Windows 10 for a different PC?

Can I purchase Windows 10 for a different PC?: I am currently on a PC that is running Windows 10. I have a second PC that is running Windows 7, and I want to upgrade that PC to Win10. However due to to the outdated security on the Win7 PC, I would rather make my purchase using the Win10 PC. If I purchase Windows 10 Home...
  7. Key purchased, can't use after using, on same computer, different hard drive and install or...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Key purchased, can't use after using, on same computer, different hard drive and install or...: Key purchased, can't use after using, on same computer, different hard drive and install or upgrade from. How do you call customer support??? Ridiculous Microsoft is a massive company, but you can't call anyone and talk live??? Online support can't help this issue....
  8. Can i transfer a "purchase" to a different microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can i transfer a "purchase" to a different microsoft account: A couple years ago when minecraft windows 10 edition was released for free to minecraft java users, I claimed it on a different email that I had then, I want to transfer the "purchase" to my new account since I don't use the other one pretty much at all anymore. Is this...
  9. Minecoins are being purchased through a different email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecoins are being purchased through a different email?: My minecraft windows 10 account is in email A but when I try to buy minecoins its making me purchase them through email B. Email B is my original email but its connected to a parent email which is quite annoying. Any fix?...
  10. Sharing games purchased on the microsoft store on different accounts?

Sharing games purchased on the microsoft store on different accounts?: Hello, I was wondering if there is any way to share a game between 2 microsoft accounts, so if I log into my microsoft account on a computer, and it is the administrator, can i log in on my other account where i purchased a game, and use the main administrator but play the...