Windows 10: Can I re-activate a Windows 10 OEM key in the same PC?

Discus and support Can I re-activate a Windows 10 OEM key in the same PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have my Windows installation activated with a OEM key. Let's say that, for some reason, I had to erase my hard drive and installed a fresh copy of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JuanM04, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Can I re-activate a Windows 10 OEM key in the same PC?

I have my Windows installation activated with a OEM key. Let's say that, for some reason, I had to erase my hard drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows. Would I be able to activate this new copy on the exact same PC with my old key?

submitted by /u/JuanM04
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JuanM04, Oct 10, 2020
  2. aasim1111 Win User

oem activation key

I have a window 10 os oem version. I want to do a fresh reinstall on my computer. Can I use the same activation key ( i used in the first place to get my pc up and running) if it has been used before.

Note: I will use the same cd and the key

aasim1111, Oct 10, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Can I re-activate a Windows 10 OEM key in the same PC?

activate windows 7 oem key

You cannot activate a retail version of Windows with an OEM key.
    The retail version should have it's own activation key.
    If you just borrowed the Win DVD from someone who is using the key, that won't work with your OEM (OA) key.

pwned by newtekie. lol My bad.
    It does work in Vista and 7, just not in XP.

Have you looked on the ASUS website to see if you can re-download the driver/diag disk, or at least everything you need to make one?

Kreij, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Can I re-activate a Windows 10 OEM key in the same PC?

1. Can I re-activate a Windows 10 OEM key in the same PC? - Similar Threads - activate OEM key

2. Reuse Windows 10 Activation Key on the Same PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reuse Windows 10 Activation Key on the Same PC: The Windows 10 activation key is still valid on my PC and I want to reinstall the Windows 10. Can I still use that activation key ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reuse-windows-10-activation-key-on-the-same-pc/86e3715a-274d-4eaf-8374-b1df5b0c999d
  3. Can I buy an OEM key to activate Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I buy an OEM key to activate Windows 11?: I search on the internet and found lots of store sell Windows 11 OEM key. Is it legal to buy this type of key for persionsal usage purpose? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-buy-an-oem-key-to-activate-windows-11/68aacaf2-62b2-471a-8891-c19e9ecf9135
  4. Can I buy an OEM key to activate Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I buy an OEM key to activate Windows 11?: I search on the internet and found lots of store sell Windows 11 OEM key. Is it legal to buy this type of key for persionsal usage purpose? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-buy-an-oem-key-to-activate-windows-11/68aacaf2-62b2-471a-8891-c19e9ecf9135
  5. reusing windows 10 OEM key on same pc

reusing windows 10 OEM key on same pc: Hello, I have found this question on the microsoft community, but all threads were locked, so I cannot reply to ask a question. Hence making a new post. My laptop with Wondows 10 Home pre-installed is having all sorts of problems with non-stop blue screens etc. I have tried...
  6. Can I re-use the same key on the same computer when reinstalling Windows 10?

Can I re-use the same key on the same computer when reinstalling Windows 10?: Hello. I got my key as a gift ~2 years ago Home edition. I need to downgrade my Windows 10 build to the very old one. I know what I'm doing and I don't have a system restore point because I didn't even have this build installed. So, can I use the same key on the same PC...
  7. re-activate OEM license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    re-activate OEM license?: I bought a new retail PC with a Windows 10 Home Licensc OEM. Then I bought a Windows Professional License separately and installed the license key, thus updating the PC to Windows Professional. If I would now remove the Professional license from the PC in order to install it...
  8. Can i use Windows 10 activation key on a new install on the same PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i use Windows 10 activation key on a new install on the same PC?: i’m going to start afresh with a new install of Windows on an SSD that i bought to replace my HDD. i already factory reset the PC so all that’s on the HDD is the OS and the stock applications so there’s no point me cloning the drive across. i still have my Windows 10 USB so...
  9. Can I reuse my OEM key on the same PC after resetting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I reuse my OEM key on the same PC after resetting?: I'm planning on resting my PC using this method: Start menu>Settings>Update and Security>Reset this PC>Remove files and clean the drive. I'm wondering if I can still use the same OEM key before the reset. Thanks...
  10. OEM re-reinstallation not activating

OEM re-reinstallation not activating: I had my OEM Windows 7 (upgraded to 10 Home) installation on my HDD and I was preparing to transfer it to my new SSD. I downloaded the ISO using the media creation tool (I think the selected edition was Windows 10). Burned it to USB, installed it, worked perfectly, activated...