Windows 10: Can I re-use the same key on the same computer when reinstalling Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I re-use the same key on the same computer when reinstalling Windows 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I got my key as a gift ~2 years ago Home edition. I need to downgrade my Windows 10 build to the very old one. I know what I'm doing and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zanem0ne, Jul 24, 2020.

1. zanem0ne Win User

Can I re-use the same key on the same computer when reinstalling Windows 10?

Hello.

I got my key as a gift ~2 years ago Home edition. I need to downgrade my Windows 10 build to the very old one. I know what I'm doing and I don't have a system restore point because I didn't even have this build installed.

So, can I use the same key on the same PC to activate my system again after reinstalling?

Thanks and best regards.

:)

zanem0ne, Jul 24, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Hi zanem0ne, you can reinstall Windows 10 at any time, you will not need a product key, activation will be automatic and it will not cost you anything !

Since you previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on that PC during the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC', and activation will not be an issue, your PC will
    have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers

Make sure you install the same Edition of Windows 10 (Home, Pro . . . etc.) you previously had installed to avoid Activation issues

DaveM121, Jul 26, 2020
  3. zanem0ne Win User

Hello.

I got my key as a gift ~2 years ago (Home edition). I need to downgrade my Windows 10 build to the very old one. I know what I'm doing and I don't have a system restore point (because I didn't even have this build installed).

So, can I use the same key on the same PC to activate my system again after reinstalling?

Thanks and best regards.

zanem0ne, Jul 26, 2020
  4. keakar Win User

Will I need to reinstall windows with the same chipset?

as long as the cpu is the same if you reset bios and uninstall the drivers then windows wont know the difference

keakar, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I re-use the same key on the same computer when reinstalling Windows 10? - Similar Threads - same key same

2. Can I reuse the same Windows 10 Pro key on the same PC, after reinstalling windows and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reuse the same Windows 10 Pro key on the same PC, after reinstalling windows and...: Hi MS team, hope you are doing great!As the title says, basically! The product key was bought from a reseller store and worked just fine.Now I have to change my hard drive with a new ssd and I'm gonna reinstall windows 10 pro again downloading the last ISO release from here....
  3. Can I reuse the same Windows 10 Pro key on the same PC, after reinstalling windows and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I reuse the same Windows 10 Pro key on the same PC, after reinstalling windows and...: Hi MS team, hope you are doing great!As the title says, basically! The product key was bought from a reseller store and worked just fine.Now I have to change my hard drive with a new ssd and I'm gonna reinstall windows 10 pro again downloading the last ISO release from here....
  4. Can I reuse the same Windows 10 Pro key on the same PC, after reinstalling windows and...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer

Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer: Hello, Whenever we install/reinstall the units OS Windows 10 PRO with OLP installer/Product Key, It does not activate automatically unless you key in the product key. But whenever we reinstall it using WIN10 Pro Retailer installer and used OLP Product Key it will activate...
  6. Can i use the same product key in the same pc?

Can i use the same product key in the same pc?: Hello so I need to redownload windows beacause of some problem now im wondering if i can use the same product key for the same laptop and i already have my bootable media....
  7. Infected by ransomeware, reinstalling windows, can i use same activation key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infected by ransomeware, reinstalling windows, can i use same activation key?: I recently got infected by a .vpsh ransomware, there isnt any important data i wanted to recover, so i thought i moight just reinstall windows, but will i be able to activate windows with the same activation key as this windows? And will ransomeware be removed if i just...
  8. can you use the same product key to reinstall windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can you use the same product key to reinstall windows 10?: so my computer got stuck in the mode where everything is deleted and you have to reinstall windows, and this product key was used on this computer to install windows originally, can i use it again? submitted by /u/Africa1By1Toto [link] [comments]...
  9. Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I reinstall windows on different drive using same product key?: Hi! I want to upgrade from a mechanical hdd to an nvme and install windows on that one. this hard drive will be formatted. can i use my product key on that drive given that the current one will not contain it anymore?...
  10. Can I used the same windows 10 key twice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I used the same windows 10 key twice?: My original boot drive died so I have to buy a new one. Can I use my old key on a new drive? It will be in the same PC. submitted by /u/JaquariousLaFonte [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frmmcz/can_i_used_the_same_windows_10_key_twice/