Windows 10: Can I reactivate windows 10 using original OEM licence key after re-installing windows 10...

Discus and support Can I reactivate windows 10 using original OEM licence key after re-installing windows 10... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a desktop with windows 10 pro pre-installed which was activated with a OEM key. I wanted to upgrade to the latest build of windows 10 pro and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NeilLowey, Jan 17, 2022.

1. NeilLowey Win User

Can I reactivate windows 10 using original OEM licence key after re-installing windows 10...

I bought a desktop with windows 10 pro pre-installed which was activated with a OEM key. I wanted to upgrade to the latest build of windows 10 pro and since the desktop is not connected to the internet I downloaded the latest windows 10 pro ISO using my MSDN account and installed that. However it now says that it is not activated. I can activate it using my MSDN licence keys but I really want to activate it using the in-built OEM key.

:)

NeilLowey, Jan 17, 2022

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 17, 2022
  3. Aquinus Win User
    windows 10 key

You need to upgrade the first time around. Once you upgrade, you can use that key for a clean installation. I've done 2 clean installations with my Windows 7 key since I upgraded to 10 the first time around.

Aquinus, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Can I reactivate windows 10 using original OEM licence key after re-installing windows 10...

windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

Can I reactivate windows 10 using original OEM licence key after re-installing windows 10...

1. Can I reactivate windows 10 using original OEM licence key after re-installing windows 10... - Similar Threads - reactivate using original

2. Can I reactivate windows 10 using original OEM licence key after re-installing windows 10...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I reactivate windows 10 using original OEM licence key after re-installing windows 10...: I bought a desktop with windows 10 pro pre-installed which was activated with a OEM key. I wanted to upgrade to the latest build of windows 10 pro and since the desktop is not connected to the internet I downloaded the latest windows 10 pro ISO using my MSDN account and...
  3. Can I reactivate windows 10 using original OEM licence key after re-installing windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reactivate windows 10 using original OEM licence key after re-installing windows 10...: I bought a desktop with windows 10 pro pre-installed which was activated with a OEM key. I wanted to upgrade to the latest build of windows 10 pro and since the desktop is not connected to the internet I downloaded the latest windows 10 pro ISO using my MSDN account and...
  4. Original OEM Licence Restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Original OEM Licence Restore?: If i were to create a restore point of my system with my original OEM OEM Liscence Text: Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account. Windows licence but then change it to another Liscence if i were to restore would it give me my old Windows...
  5. Original OEM Licence Restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Original OEM Licence Restore?: If i were to create a restore point of my system with my original OEM OEM Liscence Text: Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account. Windows licence but then change it to another Liscence if i were to restore would it give me my old Windows...
  6. windows 10 licence re-use

windows 10 licence re-use: I have 2 laptops, one is a old version which came with a windows 7. the other is a newer version which came with a windows 10. A friend tried to help me with cleaning up my old laptop and then installed a windows 10 from his institution, now the licence has expired and he no...
  7. Can I use windows 10 oem product key to newly installed windows 10?

Can I use windows 10 oem product key to newly installed windows 10?: can I use my windows 10 oem product key to newly installed windows 10 on same laptop? I am asking this because, unfortunately, I forgot my laptop's password. I already watched youtube tutorials on how to change or reset password but I am doubtful of these tutorials online and...
  8. Cheap Windows 10 Licence Keys.... OEM Keys

Cheap Windows 10 Licence Keys.... OEM Keys: I have bought multiple laptops that have had OEM windows 10 packaged. I recently built my own pc and am wanting to activate windows 10. After looking on the Microsoft website I saw that the licenses are rather expensive, however, the trial version I have on my pc is perfectly...
  9. Windows 10 Licence Reactivation

Windows 10 Licence Reactivation: Hello, This is Shamim from Bangladesh. I am using Asus Zenbook 14, Model UX433fn. After reinstalling windows 10, I have lost my licence. Could someone help me to solve this issue. My PC's serial number is JBN0CV12890547C. Waiting to here form anyone soon. Thanks,...
  10. Windows 10 licence reactivation

Windows 10 licence reactivation: Hi, I recently upgraded hardware in my PC. I checked the Microsoft website for details on reactivating windows after this update and followed the instructions with regards to linking my digital licence to my Microsoft account. When I finished my upgrade and tried to...