Windows 10: Can I rearrange shutdown options in the Start menu and Login screen

Discus and support Can I rearrange shutdown options in the Start menu and Login screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The options via the Start menu and Login screen are (in order): Sleep Shutdown Restart I'd rather Shutdown be at the bottom to make it simpler to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LAPIII, Jul 21, 2020.

1. LAPIII Win User

Can I rearrange shutdown options in the Start menu and Login screen

The options via the Start menu and Login screen are (in order):

• Sleep
    • Shutdown
    • Restart

I'd rather Shutdown be at the bottom to make it simpler to choose it.

:)

LAPIII, Jul 21, 2020

2. Windows Will Not Sleep or Shutdown from Start Menu

Hello! I can't get my PC to go to Sleep, or Shutdown using any of the typically proper methods. When I try to shutdown the PC it starts to shutdown, screen goes black and then wakes back up to the login screen.

I have gone through and disabled all of the devices that might other wise prevent this from happening. I have done the following to try and remedy the issue.
    • Check the powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
      • This returns a NONE after disabling devices from Device Management
    • Ran powercfg -lastwake
      • Wake History Count - 0
    • Opened my Power Options > Multimedia Settings > When sharing media > Setting: Allow the computer to sleep

I have recently completed a clean windows install. One of the changes that I have noticed was that my BIOS now runs in UEFI mode, not Legacy. I'm not sure that this matters or not, but in my BIOS menu, the Boot Manager only list the Windows Boot Manger, not a list of devices.

Thank you any guidance would be appreciated, I would love to be able to Sleep and Shutdown my computer properly again.

jgilbreath, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Randysea Win User
    Start/Shutdown menu changed its default to "switch user"

A week or two ago, my Start/Shutdown menu changed its default from Shutdown to "switch user." Also, when I get the full shutdown menu, there is a new option to "update and restart." But there are no updates pending.

Can I rearrange shutdown options in the Start menu and Login screen [​IMG]

How can I get back to the standard shutdown menu, and also have the default option be Shutdown?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Randysea, Jul 21, 2020
  4. SJ_69 Win User

STOP rearranging my Start Menu. PLEASE.

Why does my Start Menu rearrange itself every so often, coupled with the addition of several new suggested app tiles which, when I click, take me to the Windows Store to purchase? The rearrangement is very annoying in itself but the fact that 3 or 4 'app
    suggestion' tiles suddenly appear in my Start Menu really debases Windows 10 and the Start Menu experience. It's actually like I'm using some freeware operating system.

Yes, sync settings is off; no, I do not have app suggestions turned on and yes I am running the latest update - always do. Even so, the new Start Menu layout that suddenly appears looks nothing like that of my other W10 devices, so it's not syncing to anything
    I own.

This all happens on a latest model Microsoft device. Imagine my Start Menu shows on the big screen when I'm doing a sales presentation and the Candy Crush and Dragon Mania Legends icon shows up?

SJ_69, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I rearrange shutdown options in the Start menu and Login screen - Similar Threads - rearrange shutdown options

2. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu: Just finally was able to get my W8.1 upgraded to W10. Now I can't drag or rearrange any of the tiles on my Start Menu. When I click and hold the left mouse button on a tile and attempt to drag the icon, nothing happens, and as soon as I let go of the left mouse button, it...
  3. How can I turn OFF auto tile rearranging in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn OFF auto tile rearranging in start menu?: I can't find an answer to this anywhere and this is quite literally constantly pissing me off. I have my shit arranged exactly as I want it, but MS periodically thinks I want my start menu rearranged. I DON'T! Is there any way at all to stop this from happening? I'm seriously...
  4. how can rearrange context menu commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can rearrange context menu commands: Hi, how can i move cut copy to the upper of context menu I use zoomed desktop layout 150% and also I use to many apps which occupy many places in context menu, I have to scroll down context menu to see cut copy options also there might be other commands I don't need how...
  5. can't rearrange certain icon in start menu

can't rearrange certain icon in start menu: Several of my icons in the start menu I can't move. I can resize them, but it won't allow me to move them. This applies for - documents folder - videos folder - pictures folder - downloads folder I can still rearrange all my other icons, such as - Dropbox folder -...
  6. Lost the ability to rearrange folders pinned to the start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost the ability to rearrange folders pinned to the start menu.: I just tried to rearrange all the things I have pinned in my start menu and came to realize that it's impossible for me to move folders pinned to Start. I can move around pinned apps and programs without any problem, but if I pin My Documents, Recycle Bin or any other folder,...
  7. STOP rearranging my Start Menu. PLEASE.

STOP rearranging my Start Menu. PLEASE.: Why does my Start Menu rearrange itself every so often, coupled with the addition of several new suggested app tiles which, when I click, take me to the Windows Store to purchase? The rearrangement is very annoying in itself but the fact that 3 or 4 'app suggestion' tiles...
  8. Start Menu Shutdown or Sign Out options Not Working Correctly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu Shutdown or Sign Out options Not Working Correctly: When I right click on Start and select any of the options, they do not perform the actions they indicate and several are completely broken. Sign Out - Does nothing at all. Sleep - Computer sleeps, but cannot ever be woken from sleep state. It will PERMANENTLY stay in sleep...
  9. Can Run option be sent to Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Run option be sent to Start Menu?: Frankly I would like to be able to customise what used to be the Start Menu. I would like to have the run option available as well as the search option to search files/folders etc, as before. Right clicking on an empty spot in the start menu doesn't give me anything....
  10. Start menu icons rearrange themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons rearrange themselves: Hello, I hope someone has any idea what is happening any possibly why. My start menu icons every now and then rearrange themselves. They go from small to medium size, and groups resolve. Then I do the tedious work of arranging everything and then without a single...