Windows 10: Can I receive notifications with laptop closed?

Discus and support Can I receive notifications with laptop closed? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way I can hear notifications from Discord even when my laptop is closed/sleeping? I have an infuriating issue with the app on my phone and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VirgiliusMaro, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Can I receive notifications with laptop closed?

Is there any way I can hear notifications from Discord even when my laptop is closed/sleeping? I have an infuriating issue with the app on my phone and don't reliably receive notifications on it, so I want an alternative way to reliably know when I get a message or call. I suppose I can leave the lid up, darken the screen, and tell it not to sleep(though this is cumbersome), but I am wondering if I could somehow bypass this and still hear the notification even while it is sleeping. I don't know how it works. This is probably the wrong flair, sorry, but feature didn't seem quite right.

submitted by /u/VirgiliusMaro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VirgiliusMaro, Nov 2, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 2, 2019
  3. How to disable battery notifications on laptop when connected to AC?

Hi,

You are receiving Battery Saver notifications to help you prolong the battery life of your desktop. To help you resolve this concern, we would like to suggest these steps to turn off the notifications from battery saver:

• Open Settings app.
    • Select System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions tab.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery Saver. Turn off the slider.

Let us know if the above steps resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Can I receive notifications with laptop closed?

How to disable battery notifications on laptop when connected to AC?

The Battery saver notification switch is set to 'on' and is grayed out, and can't be changed.

BruceNoonan, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Can I receive notifications with laptop closed?

1. Can I receive notifications with laptop closed? - Similar Threads - receive notifications laptop

2. NOT RECEIVING EMAIL FACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    NOT RECEIVING EMAIL FACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS: As of May 3rd I am no longer receiving any facebook email notifications. No one can seem to fix this. PLESE help! Thanks! I had my computer friend check every setting and everything appears fine....
  3. Not receiving notifications in fullscreen

Not receiving notifications in fullscreen: Hello there, for the last few months I have not been getting notifications while I have anything in full screen. I currently have Focus Assist turned off and I still hear notification sounds from apps such as Discord but I cannot see the actual notification box in the bottom...
  4. Not receiving notifications in Windows 10

Not receiving notifications in Windows 10: Hi all, I have just setup my new Windows system and am not receiving any notifications. I noticed this when I setup my calendar and it wasn't alerting me of events. 1. There are no apps showing in the "get notifications from these apps" in settings. see attached 2. I have...
  5. I do not receive a notification in infocennter?

I do not receive a notification in infocennter?: Hi folks, I have a question about the InfoCenter, sometimes when I do a Windows Defender scan, there is no sound and no indication that the scan is finished, but sometimes it is because of something else. Ich erhalte keine Benachrichtigung im infocennter?
  6. Notifications. I am no longer receiving email or calendar notifications.

Notifications. I am no longer receiving email or calendar notifications.: Hi, Since last update. I am no longer receiving email "Google or Outlook" or calendar notifications I have checked setting/email accounts I have checked settings in "Notifications & actions, get notifications from apps and other senders is "ON" I have checked Focus...
  7. Can I limit the number of notifications I receive on the same subject?

Can I limit the number of notifications I receive on the same subject?: Can I limit the number of notifications I receive on the same subject? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-limit-the-number-of-notifications-i-receive/5284a189-86b7-43e4-b8a2-67c548ae973d
  8. Not receiving notifications in Windows 10

Not receiving notifications in Windows 10: Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my Windows 10 PC by not receiving ANY notifications from the action center. To explain further; When I receive a notification, from let's say Discord, a banner won't show up on the bottom-right of the screen but the action center...
  9. Notifications of messages received

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications of messages received: I always used to have a small orange icon on top of skype ikon with the number of messages received. Now it happens only occasionally. Most times there is no icon to show received messages. The only way I can find out if there are pending messages is to open skype....
  10. Old Email account closing - how can i save received emails.

in Browsers and Email
    Old Email account closing - how can i save received emails.: Hello. I have had an email acc with virgin.net for some 30 plus years. About a year or so ago I was informed it was about to close and I would lose all my saved emails. I have tried to save some about a year ago but am hoping there is a simple one button press that will...