Windows 10: Can I recover a large (130gb) game file from an external ssd I accidentally formatted?

Discus and support Can I recover a large (130gb) game file from an external ssd I accidentally formatted? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have just purchased and downloaded Call of duty which toon 48 hours to download due to server load. I successfully installed and was running off an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kilbixy, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Can I recover a large (130gb) game file from an external ssd I accidentally formatted?

I have just purchased and downloaded Call of duty which toon 48 hours to download due to server load. I successfully installed and was running off an external ssd (500gb)

Had some driver issues and the suggestion (after trying multiple other fixes) was to download a windows 10 recovery file from Microsoft and reinstall windows off it.

Quite clearly I missed the prompt that notified me this install file from Microsoft would reformat and create a new partition on the drive I chose to install it on (which was the ssd which contained the 130 fb call of duty game.

After suffering through 2 days of downloading the game at 1.3 mbps I now am stuck with a seemingly wiped ssd, no game to be found!

Is there anything I can do to recover the game file? I’m pretty keen not to have to re download, I should mention it was a brand new ssd and prior to the windows recovery, the game was the only file on the ssd.

Thanks

submitted by /u/kilbixy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kilbixy, Nov 9, 2019

2. How to recover data from corrupted WD external hardisk

Hi...

I have Western Digital Passport 1 TB external Hard disk. It has got corrupted. When I connect to my Window 7 machine, my external hard disk rotates but my machine does not recognize it.I have checked External hard disk with other working cable as well but still it is not working . I have tried to recover data with Hiren boot cd ,. On hiren boot machine it is recognizing the disk. I can copy some data in form of dd format with data rescue but not able to recover data with this DD format file. I have used different softwares to recover dd file but all are giving error. Please suggest how can i recover my data.

rajmehra300, Nov 9, 2019
  3. UbErN00b Win User
    Need suggestions to recover deleted data from HDD

As is my username I was a bit of a big n00b this morning, installing a fresh Win8 and accidentally deleted my downloads HDD instead of my SSD, don't ask, I was hungover is all I can think.

It hasn't been formatted or touched since I pressed delete so am hopeful I can recover most of the files, any suggestions for software to do so?

UbErN00b, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Bo$$ Win User

Can I recover a large (130gb) game file from an external ssd I accidentally formatted?

Can data be recovered from a Formatted SD Flash Card?

read, he has lost his flash card with sensitive info on it

Bo$$, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Can I recover a large (130gb) game file from an external ssd I accidentally formatted?

1. Can I recover a large (130gb) game file from an external ssd I accidentally formatted? - Similar Threads - recover large 130gb

2. Can I recover data images from a bitlocker SSD after Format?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recover data images from a bitlocker SSD after Format?: The Situation is - I have a 120GB SSD drive which I was using as an external drive in a USB 3.0 Casing. The Drive had bitlocker enabled and I had lots of photos on it. Recently I wanted to move to bigger drive so, I copied all the photos from this drive to the new drive and...
  3. Can I recover data images from a bitlocker SSD after Format?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I recover data images from a bitlocker SSD after Format?: The Situation is - I have a 120GB SSD drive which I was using as an external drive in a USB 3.0 Casing. The Drive had bitlocker enabled and I had lots of photos on it. Recently I wanted to move to bigger drive so, I copied all the photos from this drive to the new drive and...
  4. Can I recover files from my external drive after formatting the drive with a storage pool?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I recover files from my external drive after formatting the drive with a storage pool?: I tried to create a "new pool and storage space" using my external hard drive. After my external drive and all of the files in it disappeared from my computer, I retraced my steps to see the warning "The following drives might contain files. If you use a formatted drive with...
  5. Can I recover files from my external drive after formatting the drive with a storage pool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recover files from my external drive after formatting the drive with a storage pool?: I tried to create a "new pool and storage space" using my external hard drive. After my external drive and all of the files in it disappeared from my computer, I retraced my steps to see the warning "The following drives might contain files. If you use a formatted drive with...
  6. Can I recover files from my external drive after formatting the drive with a storage pool?

7. how can I recover data from encrypted external SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can I recover data from encrypted external SSD: Hi,I bought a new PC with windows Home on it. As I first opened the Pc, the windows started asking for new updates so I let it do it. I had an SSD that I was using on another PC to boot from. I put it in an enclosure and I wanted to use it as an external drive to get my old...
  8. how can I recover data from encrypted external SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I recover data from encrypted external SSD: Hi,I bought a new PC with windows Home on it. As I first opened the Pc, the windows started asking for new updates so I let it do it. I had an SSD that I was using on another PC to boot from. I put it in an enclosure and I wanted to use it as an external drive to get my old...
  9. how can I recover data from encrypted external SSD

10. how can i undo an accidental quick format of an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i undo an accidental quick format of an external drive: Did an accidental quick Format of an external backup drive. Have not used it since. It was used as my File History drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-undo-an-accidental-quick-format-of-an/4d8742a2-af7a-41a3-b2cf-b434d32d6557